shape
carat
color
clarity

Dress shopping pics... please help me rank them!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
What about a mermaid style gown? That would accent those curves...

If you don''t LOVE any of them, I think you need to keep looking.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maisie, CrownJewel, Dreamgirl, Future Mrs Polka Dot, february2003bride, fleur-de-lis, surfgirl, ljsmith001, I really appreciate your input.

The rankings are still the same after the new comments.
1.gif

brazen_irish_hussy, I don''t have any clear photos of the pedestal, but you can kind of see where it is on #1 and 4.

fleur-de-lis, thanks for the suggestion. I have actually tried on a whole bunch of silhouettes, including mermaid, trumpet, column, ballgown, sweetheart neckline, straps, sleeves--this includes multiple dresses in each category. I ended up gravitating towards this style after trying on those types. But I''m certainly considering continuing the search with new stores and consultants. #3 is by Anne Barge.

surfgirl, thanks for the honest feedback! I have tried on gowns similar to Haven''s, and while I love dresses with more fluff to them on others, when I tried them on, I felt like the dresses were wearing me instead of the other way around because there was just too much going on. That may be because of the size of the samples, but I also think it''s because I''m pretty short/small.

ljsmith001, #3 is the most expensive.

Freke, yeah, I''ve tried on some mermaids, but overall didn''t like the look on me. I was hoping to be done with dress shopping, but I might have to go back and try on some more after all.

krispi

Shiny_Rock
I like number 3 the best - I think it''s the most flattering to your tiny waist. My second favorite is number 2. I like the plain skirt on it better than number 1.

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Wow, you look gorgeous in all of them! My favourites are #2 and #3 (with #2 winning slightly, I love the beading!).

ETA: I see that #2 is lace, not beading! that is probably why I love it, my dress has tons of lace! (and apparently I am blind...)
10.gif

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
really really liek 2 and 3

julesbeth

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my gosh! You have such a fabulous little figure. You look just to die for in #3. I can''t rank the rest because 3 has to be it!!!!!

brgirl

Shiny_Rock
I LOVE #3. It is very flattering and just looks like a nice, nice dress....

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
just to throw it out there, here''s a totally different style that I think would be gorgeous on you and light and floaty. When I think of summer/outdoor wedding, I think of silk chiffon. There are a bunch of other dresses that I like more than this one, but I can''t seem to find them. This one is from the Vineyard line by Priscilla of Boston. It''s not very specific on price, just that it is between $1500 and $3000.

Vineyard-Collection-11104-large.jpg

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
I tried on over 100 dresses and finally found the one I loved online and had the store borrow a sample.

From what I see, wider necklines, higher waists and a-lines skirts are your best bet. I would also go with beading. I actually insisted on going outside in my dress to see the beading in sunlight and it was truely magical, I think it would be amazing for an outdoor wedding

If you want a dropped waist, go with a basque waist, it doesn''t shorted as much and it makes your waist look even tinier
http://www.brides.com/fashion/dresses/gallery/wedding_dresses/vendor/detail/168316?f=185%3a188&f=92%3a93&offset=145
I find the boning lines is dresses like this make me look taller
http://www.brides.com/fashion/dresses/gallery/wedding_dresses/vendor/detail/168303?f=185%3a188&f=92%3a93&offset=39

If you want something more flowy, this won''t overwhelm you
http://www.brides.com/fashion/dresses/gallery/wedding_dresses/vendor/detail/167271?f=185%3a188&f=92%3a93&offset=44

The empire waist would lengthen you and the tightness through the bodice would show off your figure
http://www.brides.com/fashion/dresses/gallery/wedding_dresses/vendor/detail/166448?f=185%3a188&f=92%3a93&offset=69

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for your votes, krispi, shimmer, emilina22, julesbeth, brgirl!

CrownJewel and brazen_irish_hussy, thank you both for your suggestions! I love the flowiness of that Vineyard gown. But, does it look like it''s not highlighting the model''s figure as well as it could--or maybe it''s supposed to be that way? brazen_irish_hussy, I think you''ve hit my requirements/ideals on the head. In fact, I love love that Enzoani gown. It is just stunning! I''ve never heard of that designer before, though, so I''m going to have to go searching.

Gwyn

Brilliant_Rock
I have only read your first post and haven''t seen anyone elses reply.

My unbiased opinion is...

#2 Way out in front for me. the top on you looks perfect. Gives you a great shape (which you probably have already). And is a little bit simpler then the first one and more suited for a park in the summer.

It is a toss up between #3 and #1 next. I dont love the neckline of #3 on you but the dress itself and the fit put it just a tad above number 1. Number 1 and two are very similar but there is something a little off about the waistline on the first one. I think the two peice (looks like a two peice) elongates your torso making you seem taller

I think i liked #4 the least. alot of it has to do with the neckline. Plus I am not in love with the detail of it. it seems to POP and look very partish while the other three appear far more elegant. I suppose I am just partial to a more whimsical feel. I also feel it flatters your waistline the least of all dresses. though you have a killer hourglass shape, it doesnt show it as well as the others.

winston26

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/27/2008 9:02:40 AM
Author: ahappygirl
First, they all look lovely on you. My eye was immediately drawn to #2, hand''s down. Beautiful lines and really timeless, soft and elegant. My second fav is #1. The neckline of the other two always make me think of brides who need to keep pulling up their strapless gowns. (I know fit has a lot to do with this!)

Really, you''ve picked beautiful styles and I don''t really think you could go wrong here!
I totally agree!!

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
In order of preference I vote for 2, 3, 1 and then 4. To be honest, I really don''t like #4 on you - I don''t think it does your figure justice at all. I do agree with Freke though that if you''re not 100% happy you should keep trying until you find something that feels perfect.

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My vote is for number one. The waist line lace looks fab on you. it lays just right. also, i like the detailing. perhaps you could change the neckline to a sweetheart or something a little less straight? U look great in all of them ,but one and 2 are my fav!

But, in saying that...none of them seemed WOW to me. I mean, they look GREAT on you. but you know when a girl has found a gown she loves and you see the pic and you understand and can see why like BAM! I'm not getting that vibe from your dresses. If you don't love any of them...keep searching! You'll put on that gown (no matter how many gowns the store ladies say is THE gown because beileve me, I'm sure you get that with that figure of yours because so many different gown styles look good on you) and you KNOW! I mean KNOW! You wont want to take it off! I wanted to leave the store in my gown. To bad it didn't fit me and I had to order it in a different state than I tried it on in, and then even worse...a different state I live in! So I don't get to see my gown again until Dec.
7.gif
and then not again until a wk before the wedding
7.gif

Oh well, anyways, keep searching! My gown is chiffon and I LOVE IT! It flows just right and is light enough for an outdoor wedding. Look up some of the gowns the other PSers posted. I loved a few of them.
GOOD LUCK AND CONGRATS!

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Without reading others comments the first and second. Like the first the most.

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
#3 is my favorite, I think it looks fab on you!
30.gif

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I haven''t read the entire thread. I didn''t want other people''s opinions to influence me.

Dress 4

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''ve read the comments now.

I picked 4 the best because of the neckline, which I think gives your bust a more curvy look, and the shape of the skirt, which I think is more flattering if you''re shorter. I''m 5 foot, 4 inches and think I have a similar body shape to you. The arm pudge will be fixed when you have a dress that is actually tailored to you rather than a clipped up sample dress.

I like 2 the least because once you step off the block I think the dropped waist will make you look shorter. I prefer a sweetheart neckline to create curves where there may not be many rather than the straight across neckline which hides anything that''s there.

Have you tried a mermaid shape with a sweetheart neckline? Those made me look taller and put some umph in my chest.

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
i like #2

E B

Ideal_Rock
My favorite is #3 (by far!), followed by #2! They all look good, but #3 is stunning on you.

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
my vote is for #2!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gwyn, winston26, pocahontas, redrose229, iwannaprettyone, star sparkle, Addy, mintve, Ebree, trillionaire, thank you for your comments--they are extremely helpful!

I went and tried on a few other dresses today and found two possible new contenders (brazen_irish_hussy, I was able to hunt down one of the dresses you posted!). This time, I'm not standing on a pedestal so you can see if these make me look short. However, please ignore the fact that I'm pulling them back to fit (there were no clips here) and that the bust doesn't fit well. Also, the lighting isn't as good as in the other photos. The second dress is in the 2nd and 3rd photos.

Thanks again, everyone!

pricescopeweddinggowns3.jpg

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The back.

pricescopeweddinggowns4.jpg

E B

Ideal_Rock
Kim,

Those new gowns are lovely. I love the first one, but I still like #3 on you the most. I think it's the slightly dipped neckline. But #1 of this new batch definitely takes a very, very close second.

ETA: I just re-read your first post, and I'm guessing #3 is the one that's the most expensive of the bunch. Am I right? If I am, then I vote #1 of the new batch as my favorite. If it's more afforable, that'd be the one I'd choose for you.

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/28/2008 9:21:31 PM
Author: Kim N
Gwyn, winston26, pocahontas, redrose229, iwannaprettyone, star sparkle, Addy, mintve, Ebree, trillionaire, thank you for your comments--they are extremely helpful!

I went and tried on a few other dresses today and found two possible new contenders (brazen_irish_hussy, I was able to hunt down one of the dresses you posted!). This time, I''m not standing on a pedestal so you can see if these make me look short. However, please ignore the fact that I''m pulling them back to fit (there were no clips here) and that the bust doesn''t fit well. Also, the lighting isn''t as good as in the other photos. The second dress is in the 2nd and 3rd photos.

Thanks again, everyone!
Oh my, what lovely gowns! From the new batch, 1 and 3. I think I am leaning towards 3 because it looks more airy :)

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
I think they both look great and you can''t go wrong with either of them. Both seem good for an outdoor wedding.

How do you feel in them? Do you feel overwhelmed like you did in some other dresses, like you were being worn?

It is so hard to tell wthout the faces because we can''t see if you look deleriously happy in any of them
2.gif

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like this sillouette on you, but I''m having hard time choosing between the two dresses. I like the trim on the bodice on the first dress, but I really like the romance of the flare in the lower skirt on the second dress. Either way, I think this is a lovely look for you.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ebree, yes, #3 of the original batch is the most expensive of the bunch, so if #1 of the new batch is really a close second, that would be way better for my budget.
1.gif
Thanks for your thoughts!

Thanks, trillionaire. From the new batch, 2 is actually the same as 3; I'm just standing on a pedestal in the 3rd photo. Would you still choose the second dress then?

brazen_irish_hussy, these were actually the perfect material for an outdoor wedding. I only wish I had some clips and a better bra so that I could see how well they'd really fit. I didn't feel overwhelmed in them at all, and I loved the lace on both of them. Thanks again for suggesting that first one!

MINIMS, thanks, that's very helpful. I'm wondering, though, if the flare on the bottom of the second dress would shorten me once it fits. It would look better on a taller person, I think, like the photo where I'm on the pedestal.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kim N: I assume the second photo of dress 2 is on a pedestal? The first photo does shorten you, but that may be in part because the dress isn't proportioned to your height, so there's extra fabric pooling at the bottom.

Looking at the back of the two dresses more closely, I like the lace on the first because there's more "fill" there, and because the lining also has a bit of a train. With the a-line sillouette, I think the whole look is very classical. The lace on the train of the second dress does't look as substantial overall, but it has a hint of that mermaid sillouette, which you certainly wear well, from the back. The lace flounce on the front seems to add a hint of romance.

Honestly, I don't think you can go wrong with either of these dresses!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
MINIMS, yes, the second photo of dress 2 is on a pedestal. You make good points about the trains on both dresses. I''ll keep those in mind as I''m deciding. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results