shape
carat
color
clarity

Dress shopping day one(pics)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
obviously very comfortable in 5

number5diff.JPG

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Number 2 was lovely, so soft and had a sweetness to it, but a sexyiness also.

number2diff.JPG

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Oh, and thank you for you wondreful comments on my "figure". lol, I do indeed have broad shoulders and I am very hourglass (34, 27, 33).

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/17/2008 5:36:46 PM
Author: MINIMS
3,6,5... with my top votes going to 3 and 6. I like 5 but I assume you were photographed on some sort of a platform. There''s a lot going on with that dress and I''m concerned that it might overwhelm you without the extra length in the skirt.
I am standing on the ground in this one as it was a "just for fun" try on. You can see the stool on the left.

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
I think they are all really pretty! I like # 2 and # 6 the best :)

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Out of those, I think I like 6 the best, although I can see what you mean about maybe the train being a bit much for the sort of wedding you have planned (although honestly, if that''s the only thing keeping you from getting that one, I say get it anyway!).

I like 4 a lot, and for some reason the train works better for the outdoor/deck wedding I''m imagining. Not sure what rib cage issues you have with it, so I dunno.

I think 2 is lovely, but I think I like the all-over lace look on you better (not sure why, I just do).

I''m not a fan of 5, sorry. But I do think you are absolutely beautiful and would probably make a trash bag look phenomenal, so wear whatever you want--you will definitely look amazing!
2.gif

I still can''t choose! BUT if you MADE me.. like really really made me.. I would say number 4. Love the train! And.. I''m not totally fond of #2 for some reason.. ... but they look great on you.. still.

I choose #4!!!!!!!!!!!!
12.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/17/2008 9:00:13 AM
Author: iwannaprettyone
#5 Maggie Sottero
I love #5 and 4. You look so happy in 5
9.gif
is a winner for me. hehe Wonderful dress!
eta: I skipped over here to help
35.gif
If I lived out near you I would be telling you go buy no. 5. hehe
9.gif

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am sticking to my original vote on #2 - i just love that dress - hands down! It just looks really well made and original and sophisticated, which i think is absolutely perfect on you.

having said that, i guess it depends on how much you want to spend too (i would like the most expensive option, of course) -- all of them are delightful on you, as you do have such a nice figure for dress wearing!

4 and 6 are really, really similar (i couldn''t tell the difference in the first set of photos, but now i can), so if 4 is really half the price, i would like it just as well.

5 is just plain fun -- i don''t like it as much only because i like a romantic looking dress mysellf and that one has a lot of stuff going on. I guess to me #5 just isn''t as timeless as the others and i woud want a timeless looking dress myself. However, there is something to be said for your face in the trial photos - you look sassy!

can''t wait to see what you select!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I still love #5. I think that all of the others are very typical bride-y gowns, and you can totally pull off sassy. Honestly, that''s the only gown that stood out to me at all. If I had to choose another one as a backup, I''d go with #6-but it''s so typical... I don''t think that 5 is trendy in the slightest-I think it looks more like it was an antique gown because of the pleats. And because of those pleats, it reminds me of musey''s gown-which is one of my all time favorites.

So that''s my vote and I''m sticking to it.

Stephanie

Brilliant_Rock
Still love two and five. But you look (just by the pictures) that you love five... Your facial expressions change dramatically.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love them all! Seriously, I can''t make up my mind -- I think you''d look great in any of them. So I''m no help. Do you have any idea how you want your hair done?

sera

Ideal_Rock
They are all very pretty and you look great, but I''m still sticking with my choices of #5 or #6.

Between #4 and 6, personally I would choose 6 over it because the vertical sections of lace would bug me. But, I don''t think it looks strange or anything, just a personal preference. If you don''t care either way, #4 would be a great option (except that 6 didn''t have the wrinkles at the waist- alterations would get rid of that on 4?).

Still, there is something about the bodice on #2 that just strikes me as off. The dress is lovely and you look great in it, and I totally agree about the softness and sexiness... but it''s like the top of it near the armpits should be trimmed off- like it''s too high and wide.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/18/2008 4:34:55 PM
Author: ZoeBartlett
I love them all! Seriously, I can''t make up my mind -- I think you''d look great in any of them. So I''m no help. Do you have any idea how you want your hair done?

Ditto! They''re all beautiful! I am even more confused now seeing more photos.
4.gif

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
#5 was my third favorite, but the only one of your favorites, so that is my choice. You have a fantastic bod and you rocked ALL of the dresses! I think the Maggie is really unique and would totally set you apart from other bridal gowns! Love, love, love it, which surprises me as I''m not usually into the funky dresses, but this one looks like it was made for you!
36.gif

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/18/2008 4:34:55 PM
Author: ZoeBartlett
I have a lot of natural curl, so I am think of going with the Christina Applegate (a la "Samantha Who?")

christina_applegate_samantha.jpg

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
I love, love, love #5. It is stunning and flattering on you all over, as opposed to making one part of your body the focus of attention.

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
I am soooo torn. But I need to make a decision this week as most of these dresses are from Spain and will take 3 months to come in and the wedding is in 4months.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
First they all look good on you! What a problem to have
2.gif
But I think there is something special about #2 and #3.

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Tacori, your baby is ADORABLE!!! *muah*

espressa

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/19/2008 10:22:15 AM
I am soooo torn. But I need to make a decision this week as most of these dresses are from Spain and will take 3 months to come in and the wedding is in 4months.

Not to put more pressure on you, but if you go with the Maggie, you''ll probably have to decide very soon, and you may have to have the dress rushed. When I ordered my Maggie in March they told me I was cutting it pretty close, and it turns out that my dress isn''t going to be in until the end of August/beginning of September (my wedding is in October). So keep that in mind!

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Good to know, thanks expressa...surprisingly my mom loves the maggie too.
9.gif

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/17/2008 9:04:23 AM
Ok, don''t hold back!
Number 7, 3 and 5.

Be real!!! How could you not look fabulous in a potato sack??!

If anyone can rock that Maggie Sotero, it would be you!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love, love, love Number TWO! I think the lightness of the skirt would make it perfect for an outdoor garden wedding.

I LOVE it! Accentuates your tiny waist, gives the girls proper attention. That''s my pick.

I also like 5, because it''s pretty figure flattering and fun, and I also like 4 and 6.

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/19/2008 1:32:30 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier
I love, love, love Number TWO! I think the lightness of the skirt would make it perfect for an outdoor garden wedding.

I LOVE it! Accentuates your tiny waist, gives the girls proper attention. That''s my pick.

I also like 5, because it''s pretty figure flattering and fun, and I also like 4 and 6.

The girls, lol. In 5 i am not laced up good, but I tried it on yesterday and vavavooom once laced the girls are just fine. haha

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results