shape
carat
color
clarity

Dress pics!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I''ve got dress pics! On Saturday FI and I (yep, he went with me) went to Priscilla of Boston in NYC to try on dresses. I''ve been in love with a lot of Vineyard Collection dresses and wanted to try them on in person. I''m going to hold off with my opinion of each until you guys give your opinions. I love both, but I''m definitely leaning towards one over the other. For context, my wedding will be outside on the Hudson River on September 25th.

Here we go!

Dress #1: This dress has a ruching (sp?) on the top, but I''m not sure if you can really see it in this pic.

lf drew1.jpg

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Dress #2: This one has a really pretty detail down the front and back where matte satin is inset into the regular satin. It''s subtle and I''m not sure if it really comes out in the picture.

lf glory1.jpg

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Finally, here are the model pics from the website:
Dress #1
Dress #2 (I think you can see the satin inset detailing pretty well in this pic; also, it shows it with straps, but I would get strapless)

E B

Ideal_Rock
Day or evening wedding? What''s the weather like in late September? What''s the general ''feel'' you''re aiming for?

BELLA9280

Shiny_Rock
i really like the first one! both are nice but the 2nd one doesnt have much going on i feel the first one flatters you better!! good luck keep us posted

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
i really like #1

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/15/2008 4:55:43 PM
Author: EBree
Day or evening wedding? What''s the weather like in late September? What''s the general ''feel'' you''re aiming for?
Ebree, the ceremony will be around 5pm, but will be casual. The entire ceremony will less than 15 min and then it''s party time
9.gif
I guess that describes the general feel: casual and good times with friends and family.The high in late September is usually about 70 degrees, but if it helps I''m rarely cold.

Thanks Bella and Emilina for your responses!! Bella, I agree that the second looks a bit plain in pictures. It does look better in person because you can see the detail, but obviously I''ll be remembering it in photos for years, so I should definitely consider how it looks in pictures.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Personally I like the first one better. So much fun especially for a casual wedding. And you have great legs so show em off!

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Neat! I do like my legs so I might as well show them off
37.gif

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Without knowing the full details of the wedding, I absolutely love #1!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I have a hard time getting past the short dress thing but that dress DOES look fantastic on you! You do have lovely legs and its such a fun dress. I particularly love dresses with that sort of v-shaped dip in the back.

I also love the folds of fabric in the back of the second dress but its not as lively as the first.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/15/2008 5:00:36 PM
Author: elrohwen
Date: 12/15/2008 4:55:43 PM

Author: EBree

Ebree, the ceremony will be around 5pm, but will be casual. The entire ceremony will less than 15 min and then it''s party time
9.gif
I guess that describes the general feel: casual and good times with friends and family.The high in late September is usually about 70 degrees, but if it helps I''m rarely cold.

In that case, definitely #1. It was my favorite anyway, but sounds like it''ll be perfect with the feel of your wedding.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Fiery, Claritek, and Ebree!

The only opinion I got was FI''s since he was with me, but it''s great to get some female opinions
2.gif
I don''t have my mom, FMIL, MOH, or my bridesmaid living nearby, so it''s incredibly helpful to have all you ladies on PS to share ideas with and help me with honest opinions. You guys are great!
21.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/15/2008 5:02:13 PM
Author: neatfreak
Personally I like the first one better. So much fun especially for a casual wedding. And you have great legs so show em off!
HI:

What she said!

cheers--Sharon

lovinsparkles

Shiny_Rock
If you''re comfortable with a shorter dress, I would go with #1 as well. It''s really cute, fun, and looks great on you! I agree that #2 doesn''t come off as that special in the pictures.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
#1 is just so much fun! I love it, and it def shows off your legs. Awesome shoes too, where are they from?
31.gif

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Sunnyd, sadly, I have no idea where the shoes are from, the SA just put them on me. I absolutely loved them, but they were slingbacks and that style never seems to want to stay on my feet
39.gif
... so I didn''t ask where they were from! When I go back to order the dress I''ll definitely ask to look at their shoes and get specific designers because the shoes were gorgeous. If I''m gonna go with a short dress, I''ve gotta get some fab shoes! (I already started a thread on shoes and Freke''s been helping me
31.gif
)

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love number 1.It looks perfect on you.

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
I love #1. Who was your SA there? I had Caitlyn with dark hair for my wedding dress. I can''t remember the girls name for our bridesmaid dresses. They were so nice!

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Emeraldlover, I had Meghan. She was great! No pressure at all and she even let us take pictures when we weren''t supposed to (she must have pitied me since I was there with FI, hehe)

tenfour

Shiny_Rock
the first dress is absolutely gorgeous!! i had a super casual wedding and wore a dress that length as well. anyway, the dress was made for you.

blackpolkadot

Shiny_Rock
Definitely #1!

It looks amazing on you!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Well, someone had to say it...I like #2! But I think it looks better with the spaghetti straps like on the model photo, especially for a casual wedding. #1 is just a little too full in the skirt for my tastes, and I don''t like the tulle detail. But...it''s what you love that matters!

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Since you all seem to like dress #1, I'll admit that it's absolutely my preference
1.gif
I saw that dress in a bridal mag my FMIL picked up for me 6 months ago and I fell in love
30.gif
. I guess I just knew that would be the one before I ever even tried it on! My mom originally said it looked like a "ballerina with a bustier" in the model photo
40.gif
, but I showed her the picture of me in it and she didn't even know it was the same dress. Haha, silly moms.

Thanks for all of your great compliments and I think I'll definitely be ordering that dress soon
9.gif
I wasn't sure I would ever find a dress I was in love with that didn't cost a fortune, but I definitely had the moment where I knew that was the one.

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/15/2008 6:38:41 PM
Author: elrohwen
Emeraldlover, I had Meghan. She was great! No pressure at all and she even let us take pictures when we weren''t supposed to (she must have pitied me since I was there with FI, hehe)
Really, they told you no pics? I took a ton when I was there both times. I really like it there. Im happy you found something you love.

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
love love love love love #1
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
you look gorgeous in it!

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
My vote is cast for #1 as well. You look so lovely in it!

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Tea length tea length tea length!!! It looks awesome on you! :)

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
YAY for the first one! That''s my fav too! I''m not usually a short dress person but it really seems to suit you.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow! I love both, but I think you made the right choice. Now we have to find you fab shoes!

(So if I were wearing a dress, I''d so have a funky colored layer--or two--of tulle peeking out from underneath, but I''m crazy like that.)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results