shape
carat
color
clarity

Dreamstone diamonds

DiamondBaby

Shiny_Rock
Hi,
Just wondering if any of you have experience with dreamstone for LGD, I am in the process of making final decisions on a Diamond, but having found Dreamstone in other posts I went looking. Comparatively speaking their diamonds seem considerably cheaper than James Allen, Ritani, Is this right or am I missing something??
Thank you!

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Hello, DiamondBaby!
DreamStone is mostly a drop-shipper just like Ritani, Adiamor, etc.
I would recommend that you definitely compare pricing via grading report number to sites like Ritani, LooseGrownDiamond, Adiamor, B2C Jewels, and any others that you've looked at.

DiamondBaby

Shiny_Rock
Hello, DiamondBaby!
DreamStone is mostly a drop-shipper just like Ritani, Adiamor, etc.
I would recommend that you definitely compare pricing via grading report number to sites like Ritani, LooseGrownDiamond, Adiamor, B2C Jewels, and any others that you've looked at.

What do you mean by drop shipper?? They are selling the same inventory?

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
What do you mean by drop shipper?? They are selling the same inventory?

Yes. It's fairly normal practice for many online sellers to host a virtual inventory and they all pull from many of the same data feeds.

nezuoko

Rough_Rock
Many online LGD retailers source from a virtual database of available diamonds for sale. These retailers like DreamStone, Adiamor, or Ritani would then customize the presentation of those diamonds according to their own websites, including the pricing and SKU numbers. The price differences between the retailers are due to the margins that each retailer are willing to accept.

If a diamond is purchased from one retailer, DreamStone for example, it is immediately removed from DreamStone's website, but there is a delay of 24-48 hours for other retailers to pick up on the diamond's availability. For the next 24-48 hours, the same diamond may still be shown as available for purchase at Adiamor or Ritani even though the diamond has been put on hold by DreamStone.

Big retailers like Blue Nile mark up their diamonds at very high margins. Although they claim to price match, there is a limit as to how low they would go, and will not always price match even if you find the exact diamond with the exact GIA/IGI report (Blue Nile intentionally blanks out GIA report numbers to make it difficult for people to find the same diamond). Having bought from DreamStone, it is a legit business. It is more like a small family business with not a lot of great technology, but what they lack in presentation translates to lower prices for their customers. They have an independent gemologist to appraise the diamonds, and these appraisals are included in the shipped package, along with the GIA/IGI reports.

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results