shape
carat
color
clarity

Dreamgirl.... Tiffany Question.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Im sorry Gypsy Ive just re-read my post and i should point out that i dont mean to single you out specifically, or dreamgirls case in particular. And i dont think you''re saying this stuff to be intentionally mean. I read the threads in question and i understand why dreamgirl isnt so liked anymore, however this is not the only issue like this that has occurred recently. There are a few threads that have turned nasty and been removed, too many if you ask me.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/23/2009 11:28:01 AM
Author: Blackpaw
Date: 4/23/2009 12:50:48 AM

Author: Gypsy

Blackpaw, I can see how you might feel that way. But, as you said... you and dream (with her responses to you on a thread about an pendant) did kinda open that can of worms again-- you can't really be surprised or complain now that others notice and comment on it. Can you?
2.gif
And while much of this has been said before, I do hope that my tone (which was in no way encouraging dream to leave) was, as musey said, gentler and that by having it all in one post (instead of numerous posts over different threads) might put the picture together better. I was seeking to provoke reflection, not further drama or to make or 'encourage' anyone to leave. I simply don't understand sticking around someplace you are unhappy about and feel persecuted when you aren't getting paid, aren't related by blood, or compelled by law or some other reason that requires you to remain in the unpleasant situation. Dream is here of her own free will with no compulsion. If I objected to an internet chat forum as stridently as dream appears to I would (and have) left, for my own good regardless of the friendships and connections I made. That's really all I was saying
face22.gif
. I'm sorry that the message seems to have been lost, at least from your perspective.

I understand that i opened it up, but i cannot understand what your point is in saying something that you have said REPEATEDLY before, and that you know will upset someone. Whether she's right or wrong to get upset by it is not the point. You KNOW it will upset her and say it anyway. Its just mean. You've already made your point so there isnt any reason to rub salt on the wounds.

Not to mention im sure none of us here are perfect so i think we can save on throwing stones.
It's really not. PS is a large collection of people, and if any one person (no matter who it is) has the same reoccurring problems with the group dynamic, there really are only three options if things are to improve: the group changes to accommodate the individual, the individual changes to accommodate the group, or the individual removes him/herself from the environment that causes the stress thereby neutralizing the problem. It's highly improbable that a group of hundreds alter their behaviour for any one person, which leaves the latter two options. It's not mean, Blackpaw; it's voicing the choices to pick between if anything is to change. And, speaking generally, when people have the ability to nullify troublesome situations but don't, my sympathy tends to evaporate since they are effectively choosing to be a victim.

DG, I hope you and your boyfriend are doing well. I am sorry you have found PS to be a difficult place to find the support you need. I hope things start to get better for you soon. Take care.

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
So anyway..........

My friend received her Tiffany pendant this afternoon. She said it''s really, really pretty and she loves it and I didn''t have to buy her anything, etc etc. I think she''s going to wear it to her bridal shower so I can see it in real life in a couple weeks. Maybe I''ll take some pics.

Sorry for re-threadjacking the threadjacked thread.
3.gif
Jeez Louise. I took a day away from PS, came back and thought, "my goodness the T&Co pendant is causing quite a few comments, they definitely SHOULD make it with an aquamarine." Silly me.

And thank you, DG, for coming back and answering my question.

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Im sorry travelgoddess
40.gif
36.gif
no more i promise!

yay for your friend liking her pressie, but really, who wouldnt!

So the aquamarine business, there is a s/s aquamarine pendant in paloma picasso''s sugar stacks collection that i just love!! Its a bit more expensive though, boo
38.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
That''s wonderful news Travel Goddess!!!
36.gif
I''m so glad she loves it!!! I''m sorry for the threadjacking....

I''ve been thinking a lot about this thread however. I read and re-read it a few times and while I appreciate what was said, I don''t fully agree with it all but am still thankful, gypsy. I won''t get into what I don''t agree with and why however. I never "left" PS, I just stepped away for a while with the hopes that in due time, things would pass and I would once again feel welcoming positive vibes here toward me. I like to believe that time heals all wounds and can only hope that it will.

But in the midst of all this threadjacking.....I''ve reflected on something incredibly important (to me anyway). The fact that Travel Goddess took note to my beautiful pendant and wanted my opinion on it. That lead to her purchasing one for her dear friend along with hisdiamondgirl being inspired to purchase the necklace for her sister''s birthday as well! It makes me realize in the center of everything that has happened here recently, while there are some who now don''t care much for me these days, or those who believe I''m wrong in what I do or say, there are still others here who appreciate me and what I bring to this forum and that makes me feel really good after everything that has been happening to me lately (on PS and IRL). I thank you so very much, from the bottom of my heart! I have become a staple here in so many ways (good, bad, like it or not) and I only hope that one day everyone will be able to let go of the past and move forward. I truly only want to be PS buddies with everyone here and I miss that! But I still believe in time this will pass...

Until then, thank you again Travel Goddess and hisdiamondgirl for showing interest in my pendant and being inspired to purchase one for somebody you love. I''m glad I could be of help.
4.gif
And I only hope that the necklace brings them as much joy as it has me!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/23/2009 11:11:55 PM
Author: Blackpaw
So the aquamarine business, there is a s/s aquamarine pendant in paloma picasso's sugar stacks collection that i just love!! Its a bit more expensive though, boo
38.gif
Yeah it is a bit more expensive for sure!
14.gif
lol

***Hugs to you Blackpaw*** Your so wonderful. Love ya girl!
2.gif

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
*HUGS* dream
21.gif

So to the business at hand... travel goddess here''s a linky loo to the tiffs aquamarine pendant i was talking about
36.gif

http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Item.aspx?fromGrid=1&sku=24229521&mcat=148206&cid=288189&search_params=s+5-p+2-c+288189-r+101287465+101323338-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+

Maybe for being such a great bridesmaid you should buy it for yourself
2.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Dream, can''t say I follow your logic, but then again, I don''t need to
3.gif
. You are welcome.

TravelGoddess... what a lovely friend you are. Thank you for letting us abuse the hospitality of your thread with such grace. I love the citrine version of that pendant (though the price leaves me gasping for air). I can totally see getting a branded present for a friend (and would do so myself), but if you want an aquamarine pendant... I''m sure the ladies over in colored stones would be happy to help you find something amazing for less. I''ve seen a couple of really gorgeous aquamarines posted fairly recently. Again, thank you. And for what it''s worth, I''m sorry for my part of the thread jack.

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
No apologies needed for the threadjacking. It happens.
41.gif
I''m glad everything got figured out. Really.

I have an aquamarine pendant already, and it''s really cheap. It''s an emerald cut with three teeny-tiny chip diamonds (hell, they could be tiny balls of tin foil, I don''t know). The cut of the aquamarine is awful (it has a "window" so I think that''s bad) and it was horribly overpriced (I believe it was around $250 from a department store; Younkers, JC Penny, someplace like that). But none of that matters to me. It was a gift from my grandma. This woman gets me jewelry every year and this was the first thing I ever really loved. I wear it probably 3 or 4 days a week. She''s getting on in age, so I treasure this necklace. Poor quality and all.

Long story short, as much as I''d love to buy myself a fantastic aqua necklace, I just don''t think I could do it. It might seem like I was replacing the one given to me by my sweet (and yet snarky) little Russian grandma.

Thanks to everyone for the advice! I may mosey on down to Colored Stones to see about getting myself an aqua bracelet or earrings.
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results