shape
carat
color
clarity

Dreamgirl.... Tiffany Question.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Hey DG, I''ve got a Tiffany question for you.

My best friend is getting married in June (I''m the MOH) and I want to buy her at least one gift that would be sentimental and not just something on her registry. Her birthstone is Amethyst and her fave color is purple. I''m eyeing the amethyst pendant you bought yourself for Christmas. Do you like it? Do you LOVE it? I was looking at the pics from your old thread and it''s just gorgeous, but I thought I''d get your opinion now that you''ve had it for a few months. Do you wear it often? Are there any other pieces you''d suggest that would be special? You are, after all, our resident T&Co expert.
2.gif

Thanks in advance!!!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Hi there!
35.gif
Thanks so much for the many compliments, I really appreciate it.
4.gif

I would say that I LOVE my amethyst!!! It's such a beautiful timeless piece and I don't regret purchasing it! I've got to say that I have so many Tiffany necklaces that I don't know how "often" I wear it. It honestly depends on the outfit I'm wearing. In the winter, I usually cover up (because I'm always so cold) and it doesn't always look right with some of my winter attire. Summer will be another story. I'm certain I will wear it more often in the summer. It is surely eye catching with the deep saturated color of the stone! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT!!! I've also gotten a few compliments on it from passersby! And personally, I happen to think it's a great price for this pendant. The stone is cut incredibly well and I love how the light dances off of it...

What a great MOH and best friend you are to consider purchasing this for her! I'll bet she would love it based on what you said. They also now have to-die-for matching earrings (if you are interested in those as well) but they do cost a bit more than the pendant. Link: earrings here

They also have the Elsa Peretti amethyst round pendant. Link: here. It cost more than the other one and to me doesn't have as much POP of color but I've always been a fan of the round pendants (in all silver as well.)

Stepping away from amethysts, I have a few other suggestions that I think would be special gifts...There is a gorgeous pendant I've always had my eye on. It's the Elsa Peretti mesh pendant. Link: here. The photo on the website doesn't do it justice. If you have ever seen it in the store and try it on, it is so incredibly dainty and elegant. Or the heart cap pendant is very lovely as well. Link: here. You also have the option of something else that could be engraved. For example, they have pretty lockets too. Link: lockets.

The possibilities are endless! I'd love to hear what you decide on and if you decide on going Tiffany for her! Honestly, how could yo go wrong with anything from Tiffany? lol Thanks for asking, I enjoy helping. Especially on this topic at hand (as you very well know
27.gif
)

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Hi dream
35.gif

You''re back, you''ve been awol awhile, hope everything''s ok
21.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Unless you or she is really set on having a Tiffany piece, you can get the same thing only bigger and a better quality stone somewhere else.

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks so much DG!! I was hoping you''d come back and see that message.

I ended up buying her the amethyst necklace. I think she''ll love it. I really like your other suggestions too. Maybe.....for......myself. Haha. Those matching earrings are fantastic. My birthstone is aquamarine, so my next purchase from there will probably something in aqua.

Freke: thanks for replying also. The bridal shower is in a couple weeks and I wanted to make sure I got her the gift by then, otherwise I might have looked into getting something different. She''s never owned anything from T&Co, so I thought she''d love to open that little blue box.

I''ll be sure to come back and post when she gets it. Maybe she''ll let me take some pics of it.
11.gif

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
sorry to thread jack, but welcome back DG!

Now i am off to tiffanya to look at said necklace :)

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/20/2009 10:33:02 PM
Author: Travel Goddess
Thanks so much DG!! I was hoping you''d come back and see that message.

I ended up buying her the amethyst necklace. I think she''ll love it. I really like your other suggestions too. Maybe.....for......myself. Haha. Those matching earrings are fantastic. My birthstone is aquamarine, so my next purchase from there will probably something in aqua.
You are so very welcome! That is WONDERFUL news. I''ll bet she loves it and I think that''s a wonderful gift to give her. Your so sweet
4.gif
Oh and let me tell you.....I LOVE aquamarines!!!!! I''ve got the (Tiffany) Elsa Peretti Diamonds by the Yard aqua necklace (here), bracelet (here) and earrings (here) on my wish list. And I''ve ALWAYS had my heart set on the Rainbow Drops pendant Link: here. Within the next few years or so, I''d really like to get at least one of these things....
31.gif
Aquamarines are one of my favorite!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Blackpaw and jcarly!

Blackpaw- I'm doing alright I suppose, for what it's worth...

jcarly or others interested in said necklace- I've got several photos of my amethyst for your viewing pleasure on the first and last page: here

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Dream: Been missing you around these parts. Been asking around but you were nowhere to be found. Come say hi in ''Small Talk'' if you can.

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/21/2009 12:12:13 PM
Author: Dreamgirl
< Mini-threadjack >

Blackpaw- I''m doing alright I suppose, for what it''s worth...

jcarly or others interested in said necklace- I''ve got several photos of my amethyst for your viewing pleasure on the first and last page: here

Oh no dream, is this because of all those awful threads?
39.gif
im so sorry if it is, i understand perfectly why you might leave pricescope, but we''ld still like to see you round here
36.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/21/2009 12:23:58 PM
Author: Bia
Dream: Been missing you around these parts. Been asking around but you were nowhere to be found. Come say hi in ''Small Talk'' if you can.
Thanks B sweets!
2.gif
Thats nice to hear. I''ll stop by when I get a chance!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/21/2009 1:41:03 PM
Author: Blackpaw
Oh no dream, is this because of all those awful threads?
39.gif
im so sorry if it is, i understand perfectly why you might leave pricescope, but we'ld still like to see you round here
36.gif
Well........partly, yes. I really don't like to surround myself with what I feel is negativity. Especially towards me. Others may not think its negativity but if it's what I feel, what can I say?

That, and there has been a lot going on lately (now even more than what I posted before I was MIA) and I just didn't think PS was the place to be when I don't feel the support I wish I would receive....so I guess I just didn't/don't much want to hang out here with everything going on I guess.
15.gif

I guess I feel like if I come around and share what's up with DG's life.......well....you know....I'll just feel worse. Guess I don't like being kicked when down. Or just generally taken down. lol

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Awww, DG, I''m sorry to hear things aren''t going well. I definitely agree, though, that you''ve got to surround yourself with positivity. No need to hang around someplace that doesn''t make you feel 100% wonderful, you know?

And you know...if you''ve got the mean reds, you know where to go.
2.gif

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/21/2009 7:12:59 PM
Author: princesss
Awww, DG, I''m sorry to hear things aren''t going well. I definitely agree, though, that you''ve got to surround yourself with positivity. No need to hang around someplace that doesn''t make you feel 100% wonderful, you know?

And you know...if you''ve got the mean reds, you know where to go.
2.gif
Oh princesss, you''re a witty girl, you!

DG, I noticed you weren''t around too, and I''m sorry to hear things aren''t great for you these days. I do find that it''s been less negative recently, but there are always those posters who have a pickle up their bum, you know?
28.gif
(and I wish the hug emotie was on the toolbar too!)

AndieRN13

Rough_Rock
OMG that''s so beautiful

I think I am saving one of those pictures and look for a necklace like yours here in Rio
2.gif

Date: 4/21/2009 12:12:13 PM
< Mini-threadjack >

Blackpaw- I''m doing alright I suppose, for what it''s worth...

jcarly or others interested in said necklace- I''ve got several photos of my amethyst for your viewing pleasure on the first and last page: here

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
DG, honestly PS isn't for everyone. Sometimes it's a tough room, if you feel that you have too much negativity in your life and PS is adding to it, you definitely shouldn't feel like you have to come back. Though I'm sure the OP appreciates your return to help her, Tiffany experts abound on PS, and even without a response people get by (as the OP did since she bought the necklace). You have to do what is right for you, there is only so much handholding and drama folks her have a tolerance for in general (I'm not referring to you specifically with that statement), even on LIW, and if you feel like that limit was hit by the responses you recieved to some of your posts, you might be better off for your own well being, cutting your losses and concentrating on a more positive and supportive atmosphere. Best of luck!
35.gif

hisdiamondgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Soooo DG and Travel Goddess...just thought you''d like to know that this thread inspired me to go out and buy this necklace for my sister for her birthday tomorrow! I just got back from Tiff''s and it is BEAUTIFUL! Can''t wait to give it to her!

DG...we miss you around these parts...things just ain''t the same....
7.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Thanks ladies...

gypsy- Yes, I know. I actually don't have negativity in my life. Other than just one bad thing happening after another (this year) really...then I guess I post here about the bad things (maybe for a pick-me-up) and instead of feeling better about the situations (as of late), I end up feeling worse by some of the responses I suddenly continue to get. Guess I'd love to share what's going on now but I worry that I'll FEEL brought down again, so I wont...I love PS and always have. I've made "PS friends" whom I adore and usually I am always in good company. I always love to help and receive help. But when times get stressful I guess I'm the type who needs to hear positive things instead of negative because it only brings me down. And for some odd reason, I was starting to feel singled out there. Maybe I'll just come around and not post much about myself until I feel things have cooled off around me and I feel respected once again on PS. lol

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/22/2009 12:17:19 PM
Author: hisdiamondgirl
Soooo DG and Travel Goddess...just thought you''d like to know that this thread inspired me to go out and buy this necklace for my sister for her birthday tomorrow! I just got back from Tiff''s and it is BEAUTIFUL! Can''t wait to give it to her!

7.gif
Well..........LOOK AT YOU GO!!!
31.gif
lol That''s wonderful! I''ll bet she loves it.

And thank you, that''s actually really nice to hear...
4.gif

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/22/2009 12:17:19 PM
Author: hisdiamondgirl

7.gif
Yay! I''ve been checking the tracking on my Tiff package. It should get to my friend''s office tomorrow. I was going to wait and give it to her at her shower, but I figured I''d send it now and she can wear it to the shower.

I really wish they made that necklace in Aquamarine. I''d definitely buy it for myself!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
GREAT TG!!!!
36.gif
So she has no idea it''s coming her way? This is exciting (to me) lol

I know it, I''d buy it in aquamarine if they made it the second it would come out......
30.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/22/2009 12:27:13 PM

gypsy- Yes, I know. I actually don't have negativity in my life. Other than just one bad thing happening after another (this year) really...then I guess I post here about the bad things (maybe for a pick-me-up) and instead of feeling better about the situations (as of late), I end up feeling worse by some of the responses I suddenly continue to get. Guess I'd love to share what's going on now but I worry that I'll FEEL brought down again, so I wont...I love PS and always have. I've made 'PS friends' whom I adore and usually I am always in good company. I always love to help and receive help. But when times get stressful I guess I'm the type who needs to hear positive things instead of negative because it only brings me down. And for some odd reason, I was starting to feel singled out there. Maybe I'll just come around and not post much about myself until I feel things have cooled off around me and I feel respected once again on PS. lol
Dream here are my thoughts, take them or leave them as you will. PS is generally a positive place, but I think it depends on what your definition of 'positive' place. If you interpret positive to mean that people are going to simply pat you on the back and tell you what you want to hear? No, that's not PS. Short of prefacing each post with "I don't want honesty, I want affirmation and praise only" you aren't going to get that here, and if you do preface each statement with that phrase, people are gonna stop reading your posts because it will be clear you don't want their input, you just want to use them for the equivalent of happy pill. That's the Delusional Echo Chamber (DEC) analogy Deco mentioned. People don't appreciate having to walk on egg shells around here just to stroke someone's ego. And no, they don't and won't respect that. Either on PS or in real life. The only place on PS that approaches this even marginally is SMRT where the 'rule' is: don't say anything at all if you don't have something 'nice' to say. But that's only because the purchases are done for, it's jewelry, not someone's life that might be the problem, and the entire board is about bragging and ego stroking.

The reason PS is a positive place is because people share their opinions and do so with honesty, while still managing to avoid direct personal attacks, bad language and outright rudeness for the most part. AND they are usually helpful while they are at it. The difference is this. If I post a picture of a couch I'm considering purchasing and ask for opinions and people hate it the responses could be:

(Delusional Echo Chamber)... That's great. Go you!
(PS-- postive)... It's not my taste, mostly because I don't personally care for X feature... here's something similar that I like better in your price range. What do you think?
(Negative Place)... You are clearly blind, that thing is so ugly I wouldn't take it for free!

What you refer to as negativity (and I followed a large number of the threads that sent you away from here before you left) is mostly people either a) disagreeing with you or b) trying to help you to see destructive,, contradictory, inconsistant, or other behaviour that ultimately hurts only you. Tough love. And the bulk of the negativity I saw was caused by your hostility to this type of atmosphere.

As someone pointed out, it has been more positive on LIW since you left. A couple other people who also believe that postive= DEC also left at the same time you did. I actually believe that the reason that has been so 'normal' is because people aren't running around complaining every time someone posts an honest, thoughtful opinion. Most of the people here understand that just because someone posts an opinion contrary to theirs, or one they don't want to hear, you can still be civil and thank them for their thoughts. It's the defensiveness and the need for constant ego stroking that creates the negativity. Which why I think you felt that the environment was becoming hostile to you. The environment was just what it WAS, then you started complaining about it, and then people took issue with that. Again, they're not agreeing with you, then you took further issue and it all snowballed.

Sometimes silence and observation and a "thank you very much for taking the time to post" is golden. I don't have anything against you personally Dream, I really don't. But I do think that what you consider 'positive' is not something you are going to find here. This place isn't likely to change into a DEC, so either you change or you stay away. If it's not a good fit, it's just not. And while, of course, people will miss you, and you will miss them that, too, is just a fact of life. That doesn't mean you have to stick around and subject yourself to someplace that fundementally does not agree with your personality and make up.

I hope you understand that, in the spirit of PS, I meant this post thoughtfully, honestly and most of all POSITIVELY. Whatever you decide, be is stick around or leave... I would ask you to give what I have posted some thought before you make up your mind.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gypsy has said so plainly and gently what many of us have wanted (or tried) to communicate to you, DG.

Great post, Gypsy.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/22/2009 7:07:14 PM
Author: Gypsy
Date: 4/22/2009 12:27:13 PM

gypsy- Yes, I know. I actually don''t have negativity in my life. Other than just one bad thing happening after another (this year) really...then I guess I post here about the bad things (maybe for a pick-me-up) and instead of feeling better about the situations (as of late), I end up feeling worse by some of the responses I suddenly continue to get. Guess I''d love to share what''s going on now but I worry that I''ll FEEL brought down again, so I wont...I love PS and always have. I''ve made ''PS friends'' whom I adore and usually I am always in good company. I always love to help and receive help. But when times get stressful I guess I''m the type who needs to hear positive things instead of negative because it only brings me down. And for some odd reason, I was starting to feel singled out there. Maybe I''ll just come around and not post much about myself until I feel things have cooled off around me and I feel respected once again on PS. lol

Dream here are my thoughts, take them or leave them as you will. PS is generally a positive place, but I think it depends on what your definition of ''positive'' place. If you interpret positive to mean that people are going to simply pat you on the back and tell you what you want to hear? No, that''s not PS. Short of prefacing each post with ''I don''t want honesty, I want affirmation and praise only'' you aren''t going to get that here, and if you do preface each statement with that phrase, people are gonna stop reading your posts because it will be clear you don''t want their input, you just want to use them for the equivalent of happy pill. That''s the Delusional Echo Chamber (DEC) analogy Deco mentioned. People don''t appreciate having to walk on egg shells around here just to stroke someone''s ego. And no, they don''t and won''t respect that. Either on PS or in real life. The only place on PS that approaches this even marginally is SMRT where the ''rule'' is: don''t say anything at all if you don''t have something ''nice'' to say. But that''s only because the purchases are done for, it''s jewelry, not someone''s life that might be the problem, and the entire board is about bragging and ego stroking.

The reason PS is a positive place is because people share their opinions and do so with honesty, while still managing to avoid direct personal attacks, bad language and outright rudeness for the most part. AND they are usually helpful while they are at it. The difference is this. If I post a picture of a couch I''m considering purchasing and ask for opinions and people hate it the responses could be:

(Delusional Echo Chamber)... That''s great. Go you!

(PS-- postive)... It''s not my taste, mostly because I don''t personally care for X feature... here''s something similar that I like better in your price range. What do you think?

(Negative Place)... You are clearly blind, that thing is so ugly I wouldn''t take it for free!

What you refer to as negativity (and I followed a large number of the threads that sent you away from here before you left) is mostly people either a) disagreeing with you or b) trying to help you to see destructive,, contradictory, inconsistant, or other behaviour that ultimately hurts only you. Tough love. And the bulk of the negativity I saw was caused by your hostility to this type of atmosphere.

As someone pointed out, it has been more positive on LIW since you left. A couple other people who also believe that postive= DEC also left at the same time you did. I actually believe that the reason that has been so ''normal'' is because people aren''t running around complaining every time someone posts an honest, thoughtful opinion. Most of the people here understand that just because someone posts an opinion contrary to theirs, or one they don''t want to hear, you can still be civil and thank them for their thoughts. It''s the defensiveness and the need for constant ego stroking that creates the negativity. Which why I think you felt that the environment was becoming hostile to you. The environment was just what it WAS, then you started complaining about it, and then people took issue with that. Again, they''re not agreeing with you, then you took further issue and it all snowballed.

Sometimes silence and observation and a ''thank you very much for taking the time to post'' is golden. I don''t have anything against you personally Dream, I really don''t. But I do think that what you consider ''positive'' is not something you are going to find here. This place isn''t likely to change into a DEC, so either you change or you stay away. If it''s not a good fit, it''s just not. And while, of course, people will miss you, and you will miss them that, too, is just a fact of life. That doesn''t mean you have to stick around and subject yourself to someplace that fundementally does not agree with your personality and make up.

I hope you understand that, in the spirit of PS, I meant this post thoughtfully, honestly and most of all POSITIVELY. Whatever you decide, be is stick around or leave... I would ask you to give what I have posted some thought before you make up your mind.

Eloquent as always.

DG, I really hope that you can see that what Gypsy is saying comes from a caring place. She, like all of us, wants to make sure that the people here on PS understand and embrace the kind of positivity found here.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well said Gypsy. Like usual.

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Honestly this doesn''t sound like ''positivity'' at all, it sounds like a thread that had nothing to do with past issues has become, once again about them. Everyone, including dreamgirl, knows what certain posters think of her, I cannot comprehend why it needs to be repeated in a thread that did not and should not have gone this way.

And it also sounds like there''s a fair bit of ''encouraging'' of someone to leave the forum going on.

Cant we all just get along? seriously!

NB/ I should take my share of the blame, i shouldn''t have asked dreamgirl how she was in this thread. Travel Goddess i apologise for my part in the threadjacking
40.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Blackpaw, I can see how you might feel that way. But, as you said... you and dream (with her responses to you on a thread about an pendant) did kinda open that can of worms again-- you can't really be surprised or complain now that others notice and comment on it. Can you?
2.gif
And while much of this has been said before, I do hope that my tone (which was in no way encouraging dream to leave) was, as musey said, gentler and that by having it all in one post (instead of numerous posts over different threads) might put the picture together better. I was seeking to provoke reflection, not further drama or to make or 'encourage' anyone to leave. I simply don't understand sticking around someplace you are unhappy about and feel persecuted when you aren't getting paid, aren't related by blood, or compelled by law or some other reason that requires you to remain in the unpleasant situation. Dream is here of her own free will with no compulsion. If I objected to an internet chat forum as stridently as dream appears to I would (and have) left, for my own good regardless of the friendships and connections I made. That's really all I was saying
face22.gif
. I'm sorry that the message seems to have been lost, at least from your perspective.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy - well said :), Dream you need to do what is right for you :).

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Of course Dream you have to do what is right for you.

BUT I miss you here and sincerely hope you stay sweets. What can I say, I''m selfish
1.gif

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/23/2009 12:50:48 AM
Author: Gypsy
Blackpaw, I can see how you might feel that way. But, as you said... you and dream (with her responses to you on a thread about an pendant) did kinda open that can of worms again-- you can''t really be surprised or complain now that others notice and comment on it. Can you?
2.gif
And while much of this has been said before, I do hope that my tone (which was in no way encouraging dream to leave) was, as musey said, gentler and that by having it all in one post (instead of numerous posts over different threads) might put the picture together better. I was seeking to provoke reflection, not further drama or to make or ''encourage'' anyone to leave. I simply don''t understand sticking around someplace you are unhappy about and feel persecuted when you aren''t getting paid, aren''t related by blood, or compelled by law or some other reason that requires you to remain in the unpleasant situation. Dream is here of her own free will with no compulsion. If I objected to an internet chat forum as stridently as dream appears to I would (and have) left, for my own good regardless of the friendships and connections I made. That''s really all I was saying
face22.gif
. I''m sorry that the message seems to have been lost, at least from your perspective.

I understand that i opened it up, but i cannot understand what your point is in saying something that you have said REPEATEDLY before, and that you know will upset someone. Whether she''s right or wrong to get upset by it is not the point. You KNOW it will upset her and say it anyway. Its just mean. You''ve already made your point so there isnt any reason to rub salt on the wounds.

Not to mention im sure none of us here are perfect so i think we can save on throwing stones.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results