shape
carat
color
clarity

Dreamer''s upgrade is on the way!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

I will get it on Tuesday

36.gif

Introducing my new 1.17ct K SI1 ACA from Whiteflash! Hard to tell from these pics but it looks really big to me!

9.gif

DreamersNewK1.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
This was my previous ring, .80ct J VS2

DreamersoldJ.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I sized them the same and created a side-by-side comparison. Granted, this isn''t the most accurate comparison
3.gif
but I had hoped my new stone would *look* a lot bigger then my old, and they look pretty similar in these pics...
40.gif

oldnewcompariosDD.jpg

onvacation

Brilliant_Rock
Hmm, it looks pretty big to me! I had to rub my tired eyes to make sure it was 1.17ct, because from the pics I thought it was 1.71ct, before I scrolled down to read the rest.

I looove the clean look. I''m sure you''ll notice the size difference once it is on your hand!

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
I think your new stone definitely looks bigger! Good choice!

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
I know you from the thread Harriet started about me! I thought you looked familiar. Congrats on the upgrade! I lurve K. Lucky to be you!
30.gif

blingmyring

Shiny_Rock
36.gif
There''s a HUGE difference
36.gif
Can''t wait to see hand shots - Congratulations !

dani13

Ideal_Rock
How exciting!!! Cant wait to see it on your finer, DD!!!!
36.gif
36.gif

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
It does look bigger!! Congratulations!!!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/11/2009 12:05:13 AM
Author: onvacation
Hmm, it looks pretty big to me! I had to rub my tired eyes to make sure it was 1.17ct, because from the pics I thought it was 1.71ct, before I scrolled down to read the rest.

I looove the clean look. I''m sure you''ll notice the size difference once it is on your hand!
Thanks! I think you are right, it looks bigger!
9.gif
I suspect that it looked so much larger to you in the first shot because the band is so slim on the legato sleek line. It really does make diamonds POP!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Cind, SDL, Imdanny,Blingmyring, Dani and Feb! I am excited too!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
I can definitely tell the size difference!!! Just wait until you get that beauty on your hand!!!
30.gif
31.gif

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you will be significantly happier with your new stone...not just the size but the quality is so much better!
Congrats!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A .37 pt difference will be noticable. I think you''re going to love it. Hey, next stop.......... a carat and a half! LOL!

Tuesday..... road trip! Take your ID, your passport, bottles and binkies and go baby go! You''re going to have enough adrenaline running through your body to light a small town
3.gif
but it''s such a good feeling!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/11/2009 8:40:23 AM
Author: tyty333
I think you will be significantly happier with your new stone...not just the size but the quality is so much better!
Congrats!
tee hee tyty... you are a true PSer now! The "quality" of the cut is indeed better, but I went down in *both* color and clarity! I think most people would think I was loopy
26.gif

I must admit I am a little nervous about the color. Although I am not typically one to care what others think, it would still be a little embarassing if people could see too much tint and thought my diamond was the evil **yellow**... I''m sure it won''t look much different than my J, which was plenty white in the vast majority of situations, but I still worry a little.

Its funny, I like the warmth of the lower colored stones, but it is still hard not to think about how it will be seen by the public who don''t appreciate those colors generally.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/11/2009 8:50:30 AM
Author: gemgirl
A .37 pt difference will be noticable. I think you''re going to love it. Hey, next stop.......... a carat and a half! LOL!

Tuesday..... road trip! Take your ID, your passport, bottles and binkies and go baby go! You''re going to have enough adrenaline running through your body to light a small town
3.gif
I know it should be totally noticable right?

Yup, road trip tomorrow! In my case it will be "ID, passport, b**bies and binkies and go baby go!" LOL! I am super excited. My MIL is actually coming with me, she volunteered. Any chance to see her first grandchild and she is all over it!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Look at the bottom pics of the comparison shot, you can really tell the difference there.
2.gif

Looks just loverly Miss dd!
36.gif

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/11/2009 8:53:31 AM
Author: dreamer_dachsie

Date: 5/11/2009 8:50:30 AM
Author: gemgirl

3.gif
I know it should be totally noticable right?

Yup, road trip tomorrow! In my case it will be ''ID, passport, b**bies and binkies and go baby go!'' LOL! I am super excited. My MIL is actually coming with me, she volunteered. Any chance to see her first grandchild and she is all over it!
One less thing to pack
2.gif
or actually, two less things to pack. LOL!

It''s great that you''ll have company. I''m SO happy you''re going tomorrow!!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/11/2009 2:03:39 AM
Author: SanDiegoLady
Oh gosh, I think its significantly larger looking. What a beautiful ring :)
Ditto. it looks fantastic
36.gif

JSM

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous ring! The stone looks just beautiful, and definitely bigger!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OH it''s bigger alright!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can''t wait!!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
I think it will be much bigger. Is it in the same setting? Did they have to make a new head? That is one of my favorite settings ever! Can''t wait to see handshots!

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
DD, it looks huge, and you know how any absence/vacation from a stone makes it appear larger, this is a real change.

So...did you do anything with your original ER sapphire? Yes, I am still attached to your old old ER
1.gif

hugs!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you will be pleased with the size difference and the K colour won''t be evil yellow LOL! No worries!!

MMT

Ideal_Rock
Definitely looks bigger! I will be on the watch for handshots
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

soocool

Ideal_Rock
Looks absolutely gorgeous!
36.gif

I needed this to make me smile today.
1.gif
Maybe when mine finally comes it will make me feel better.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
So exciting! I think it looks considerably larger! Can''t wait to see hand shots to confirm!
2.gif
21.gif

tigian

Ideal_Rock
I can definitely see that the new stone is a lot bigger. Can''t wait to see it on your hand. So exciting!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Dani, tyty,ellen, D&T, jsm, motownmama, & MMT! I can''t wait to get it tomorrow!

Date: 5/11/2009 9:51:26 AM
Author: steph72276
I think it will be much bigger. Is it in the same setting? Did they have to make a new head? That is one of my favorite settings ever! Can''t wait to see handshots!
They were able to use the same setting by changing out the head to accommodate the larger diamond. The diamond went from a diameter of 6.06 to a diameter of 6.78 so they needed to remake the whole basket. It only cost $125 so much better than getting a new setting! This will be the last upgrade in this setting though
15.gif
Any larger and I will have to get a new one altogether!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/11/2009 10:17:02 AM
Author: swimmer
DD, it looks huge, and you know how any absence/vacation from a stone makes it appear larger, this is a real change.

So...did you do anything with your original ER sapphire? Yes, I am still attached to your old old ER
1.gif

hugs!
I am attached to it too! The three stone was actually an upgrade from my original e-ring anyway. So my sapphire has gone back into my original engagement ring setting, which is a WG split shank. It is being sized now so I will post some pictures when I get it back!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results