shape
carat
color
clarity

"DREAM TEAM" - Q#4: Princess stones reviewed - need more guidance

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
I reposted this under this title as I am hoping to get the right attention to continue helping me. I plan to purchase a stone this month and I''m starting to work with others to design a setting that I will later seek this forums feedback on. Anyways, here goes:

, "Team" for help with Q#1-Q3 so far!. [/b]

Last post was:https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/dream-team-q-3-locked-in-b-m.11329/

/www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/3.gif[/img]new target:3-3.33ct, square princess, depth >

/www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/3.gif[/img]>/www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/3.gif[/img]>

QUESTION # 4- Brick & Morter experiences/appraiser validation needed

/www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/3.gif[/img]>/www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/3.gif[/img]>

I have reviewed princess stones at a few locations over the past month and have had varying experiences.I have been fortunate to review numerous stones, all in the 3-3.4C range, E/F, VS1-VVS2, Smaller tables to depth, greater tables to depth. Very thin-thick girdles, med-very thick, etc.

The conclusions that I drew were:

1)I could not visually tell the difference between the E & F Color: hence, new target="F"

2)I could not see a significant difference between VS1 and better.; hence, new target: VS1

3)I was not impressed with the scintillation, fire, brilliance of most of the stones.I viewed them under florescent, incandescent, and natural lighting.Sunlight did bring more life to the stones then any of the others. I used my Idealscope and could see the difference between the stones that I thought were better then others. (more commentary below)

4) I found most dimensions to be around 8mm given my search for a "square" stone.

5)My observations lead me to believe that I saw more "life" in stones whose table was less then the depth (I''m really struggling with this one - unlike the simplicity associated with a round stone); also med-thick girdles vs. thin.

6) Some B&M''s told me not to be concerned about a thin girdle from a breakage perspective given that all princess stones are mounted in "vprongs." Is this true?And, what about the risk to the stone along the thin perimeters?

7) Some establishments told me to not rely on a Sarin or report that shows leakage because they can be manipulated!I''ve read the recent post on this topic and I guess I don''t know where to really stand on this.Is it true that a 10% leakage should be expected with this fancy?

8)What is an appraisers view on table/depth?

I''ve read Dave Atlas'' princess chart.Do other experts on this site concur with that table?

You folks really helped to prepare me!!GOG - when I started talking about crown/pavilions angles - WHoa! Especially when I asked about their thoughts about averaging the multiple angles!My moving the diamond around under different light sources, holding the loupe like an expert!! Teaching them about the Ideal scope and challenging them to look at their best round to persuade me that the tool had little value. A few commented that seldom do they experience working with people who are "very knowledgeable!"THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!A few pulled out the RAP charts which I quickly discounted their relevance to me unless they were telling me what the "give back" was!How cute when one told me that he was "letting his pants down by showing me the RAP!"I humorously responded that he was lucky that I was not a female or I may remind him of the difference between quantity and quality!LOL!

My last questions on this post are:

a)The idealscope showed a lot of white in the core table areas.Is this typical or will I find my "dancing stone" that I''m seeking when there is less leakage there?Is it reasonable to find a princess that really dances and has some fire?b]

b)The prices that I found for these stones (10 stones looked at) seemed to range in the 36-39k ranges.Most were f/vs range, all GIA cert.....seemed kind of high to me given Pscope data.....are prices moving?

c)Does my new target continue to be reasonable?

d)Is it reasonable to request a Sarin report for stones shipped in?

Appreciative-of-expertise

read.gif

/www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/3.gif[/img]/www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/3.gif[/img]

[/i]

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results