shape
carat
color
clarity

Dream Diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dek12nv

Rough_Rock
As stated in another post my gf likes the princess cut diamonds. Is the dream the best square looking diamond I will find. I want her to have something that equals an ideal round cut.

Any advice is always appreciated.

Thanks,
Dek

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
There was another similar post to this a few weeks back, think it was called something like 'HOF diamond' or similar.

Anyway, the Dream HOF stone was the first diamond we saw on our hunt..we had just started tentatively looking. Since then we have seen many diamonds, many round brilliants, some sparklers, some duds, etc. I have to say that the Dream diamonds STILL were some of the best stones we saw. In my mind, they definitely almost equal a round brilliant and the look is not super different, it's a great cross between a round and a princess. I loved the look of the square with rounded edges. Very modern. They were a little pricey for us, but I will not forget the look of those stones, one of the salesladies took a 3 stone ring and 3 HOF dreams and popped them in for me to view and I swear I could have stopped cars on the street with that ring. It was amazing. Of course we also probably had jewelry lights coming into play but I would definitely recommend checking them out in your search.

I don't recall the pricing offhand exactly, but I think we looked at an .80c H SI1 and it was around $7500. A 1c G SI1 was around $10k. Another thing to note on the HOF stones is that they claim to have their diamonds look larger than they are by not carrying as much dead weight in the pavilion as other stones. So according to them, the .80c looks closer to a 1c meaning you can get more bang for your buck with a smaller stone. We did the eye comparison and it did look right, but again...this was a while ago so I am not sure. Would suggest comparing a HOF 1c to an ideal 1c and seeing if you can tell any difference.

Look at the diamond under their HOF scope which shows the hearts (so romantic..ha ha), and if you have your IdealScope as I suggested in the other post...you can check for light return amongst the various Dreams that are in stock at the jeweler you visit. Visit their website to get a vendor directory.

If you are local to Southern CA or similar...I posted a day or two ago about the jeweler we visited in San Luis Obispo who carries the HOF line and they are having a HOF cutting event Feb 12-14...don't know what it means exactly...but it sounds really cool. The name of the jeweler is Kevin Main Jewelers and they are on Higuera in SLO. 3 hours drive from N.CA Bayarea..and around 3 hours from LA area...depending.

Good luck!!

aislingmaire

Rough_Rock
Hi,
There is another square diamond with hearts and arrows symmetry called the Regent. You can find it at www.goodoldgold.com Look under "For Sale and then "Fancy Shapes." While I have not bought from this vendor personally. He is well respected, and his customer service is beyond compare.
HTH
Jackie S

aislingmaire

Rough_Rock
Hi,
There is another square diamond with hearts and arrows symmetry called the Regent. You can find it at www.goodoldgold.com Look under "For Sale and then "Fancy Shapes." While I have not bought from this vendor personally. He is well respected, and his customer service is beyond compare.
HTH
Jackie S

aislingmaire

Rough_Rock
Hi,
HTH
Jackie S

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Oh, yes, the Regent is gorgeous. I like princesses, but I'm not a big Dream or Flanders fan, The Regent, though, looks quite different.

However, none of the other so-called square diamonds really look like at all like a princess, so I'd be sure they were a decent alternative for her first.

regent%20brick%20for%20GOG1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results