shape
carat
color
clarity

Dream Diamond...Is it worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

JamesTheRod

Rough_Rock
Last weekend I looked at some Dream Diamonds. They are from the Hearts on Fire collection, except they are square. The diamond I looked at was absolutely gorgeous. They also showed me the hearts and arrows, and it seemed to be a fantastic diamond. It was about a half carat, G in color, and VS1 in clarity i think, and was selling for $2499. I was wondering, is this a good price?

After doing research, it seems that the Dream Diamond is cut uniquely from any other diamonds. I''ve heard that it is different from a Flanders cut and lucere cut. Is a dream diamond the only way to get a cut like that?

I''m looking for a somewhat unique diamond, and wouldn''t mind paying the little extra for a hearts on fire diamond if that is truly to only get this cut.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
I don't know if you can get a comparably performing diamond for that price. However, a Flanders is very similarly shaped. Also, check out a Regent. It's also a squarish H&A, but it looks rather different.
http://www.goodoldgold.com/regent.htm

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dream diamonds are pretty amazing. We saw them as well when we first started looking. I was not interested in a square cut, but the Dream was like the perfect combo of square and round. Very beautiful. However, an ideal cut round brilliant will be just as beautiful, if not more..because of the symmetry they are able to achieve in rounds vs other shapes.

It comes down to your eye and what pleases you, you won't find another stone exactly cut like the Dream, but there are other BRANDED stones, which means that either way, if you like that look, you will pay some sort of markup. HOF markup can be steep..maybe 30%?

If you are on a tighter budget and just want an excellently cut stone, stick with a round brilliant--you can get a non-branded well cut RB and maximize your budget.

diamondguy1656

Rough_Rock
It really just depends on what you want to say with your diamond that you put on her finger.

I would agree that the Dream diamond is a beautiful diamond. There is always someone out there that will say "I have the same, but cheaper." But if it is what you want her to wear for the rest of her life, then get it.

Good Luck!!

Diamondguy

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results