shape
carat
color
clarity

Dream AVC in Tacori Dantella

Bancsy

Rough_Rock
Early last year, my then-boyfriend (now DH ;)2 ) and I began talking about engagement rings. Neither of us had any experience with diamonds. I knew that I wanted a cushion cut stone. And my dream setting was a Tiffany&Co Soleste.

DH began poking around the internet and fell into the Pricescope rabbit hole... and brought me along with him. I learned of and fell head over heels for antique stones.

Our "studies" here led us to four PS vendors - Diamonds By Lauren, IDJ, Old World Diamonds and Good Old Gold.

David at DBL was wonderful. He made time for us on a Sunday evening and let us get an eyeful of his wares. He didn't have anything that *spoke* to us though.

We braved the Diamond District after Sunday brunch one afternoon to visit IDJ. On our way, we poked into several shops; that was interesting... :shock: We were so frustrated at having uncerted, poorly cut stones forced on us that we almost about-faced and returned home. But I was determined to meet Yekutiel after reading so much about him here and exchanging emails with him. IDJ and Yekutiel did not disappoint. He sourced a genuine old mine for us. It was gorgeous and was a top contender for a long time.

Adam from OWD has to be the nicest guy I've ever met. I met him on a Friday afternoon in his unassuming office and he showed me stone after stone. He was patient and honest. He took the time to educate me on antique diamonds and tested my color tolerance. I drooled over OECs and lingered over a particularly lively bezel-set L-colored one. Who knew L could look so white?! But Adam was honest with me... he didn't have any cushions in my price range that he was proud of and so onward we went.

Finally, we took the drive out to GOG and met with David. We had gone back and forth over whether the AVC would really blow us way... would it live up to the PS hype? David brought some stones out for us and WOW! I've told friends the experience was life changing... and I mean it. We couldn't believe our eyes. We discovered that I wasn't particularly color sensitive, but DH is. I was open to J, K, even L. DH was not. David brought out a 1.69 I SI2, put it under a microscope, showed us the inclusions... so much transparency! And we both loved it. We looked at settings too. We were drawing out a custom design similar to the Soleste when a setting in the case caught my eye... the Tacori 2620. We dropped the AVC into the setting and I gushed. It was the one!

Unfortunately, it was out of budget. We left empty-headed (and me with a broken heart). I began searching JBG and LAD for stones almost daily... hoping to find one we both loved. DH was a bear. He vetoed every stone. He's a mind-clean guy and he just couldn't get over less than perfect cert stats.

Eventually, I stopped looking and told him he was on his own. I was too involved (and frustrated!). He agreed and we stopped talking engagement altogether. Until April of last year. We'd planned a trip to San Diego and LA. DH told me while we were there, we'd visit David Klass (who he'd been exchanging emails with) and Grace of JBG. I was too excited! We were to spend 3 days in San Diego and then head to LA.

On our last day in San Diego, we woke very early (still on east coast time) and drove to La Jolla for a sunrise (the beauty of which I have no words for!). During breakfast, DH asked if I'd like to take a boat ride. We both love to be on the water. I said absolutely. He "found" and available sailboat for that afternoon. Little did I know, it was all prearranged.

While on the boat, DH says to me, "I know you're the woman for me... and I know I want to marry you. We just need a ring. I know we're meeting people tomorrow but what if I told you we didn't have to? What if I said I was ready to marry you right now?" and then dropped to one knee, reached into his pocket and pulled out a beautiful blue box. :appl:

We are married now and have since added wedding bands to our little bling family all courtesy of the wonderful people at GOG. Our experience with them has been stellar and we've recommended them to every friend and family member since.

I am so grateful for everyone here. I haven't posted much but I have read a ton. You all have been so helpful on this journey. So THANK YOU!

And so, without further ado... plenty of pics!

First, GOG's pictures...
GOG1.jpg GOG2.jpg GOG3.jpg

Here are some shots from when DH proposed...

IMG_3414.jpg SD@.jpg

SD1.jpg
crown.jpg misteras.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1452.jpg
    IMG_1452.jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 34
  • misteras.jpg
    misteras.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 34

Bancsy

Rough_Rock
Throwing some colors...
colors.jpg colors1.jpg

Dantella made it to Jade Mountain for my bachelorette trip...

IMG_1452.jpg

Here's my wedding band. I thought I'd go with something simple... but the curves on this band just sung with my ER.
IMG_8454.jpg side wb.jpg side.jpg

Some pretty shots from our wedding photographer...

RenderedI.jpg

And an obligatory beach pic the day after our wedding ;-)

Long Beach.jpg

Enjoy! And thank you for letting me share!

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my word it is GORGEOUS!!!! Just perfect amount of sparkle to set off that amazing AVC you chose. Congrats to your DH for pulling off the surprise (both the ring and the awesome proposal), and to both of you on your marriage!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So SO beautiful! I love your story! Thank you for sharing wth us! Congratulations to you and your sweet DH! This is what dreams are made of! :kiss2:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ahhh... This is SUCH a beautiful story!! And your rings... just stunning & no flowery adjectives needed :love: Huge congratulations!!

Please post more close up pictures of your set. Would love to see that band in detail.

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
What a sweet story! Congratulations on your dream ring! and Congratulations on finding a man that made it happen.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s perfect and looks great on you!!! Is that the one you thought was too expensive,

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow - just wow! What a heartwarming story - and you got the ring of your dreams! It is beautiful and I wish you a lifetime of happiness - I just love happy endings!!

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful stone in a beautiful setting! Congratulations on your marriage!!!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your DH is a little stinker! He vetoed the AVC/ring knowing that he was going to get it later??? Well, it is beautiful! I see why you fell in love with it!!!

Congrats!!!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aw what a wonderful story and such a gorgeous ring!! Congratulations! I really love Tacori settings and AVCs. :love:

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous and the diamond looks so white and crisp. Congrats!!!1

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations!! It’s perfect!! I love the band with it!!! They were made for each other!!! What a great surprise!!!

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is just perfection and it looks gorgeous on you. I love the Dantela setting. Your DH’s band is pretty cool too. Congratulations on a really beautiful set and of course, your marriage!

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful story and gorgeous ring! Cheers!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for sharing your lovely story. Congratulations to you and your DH. You both did a wonderful job. The rings are perfect.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a wonderful surprise and a lovely review of great vendors! Congrats on your dream ring!

Luce

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What a wonderful story and stunning set! :geek2:Thank you so much for sharing with us.

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning!!! :love::love:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats!, Beautiful story and gorgeous ring! :clap::love:

Maggiemeans

Shiny_Rock
Premium
So sweet! Congratulations on the great fiancé and outstanding ring!

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Love your story & love your AVC! Your setting is a classic look, simply beautiful--perfect for your stone! Congrats on your wedding!

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Breathtaking! Congratulations on your marriage!

Garnetgirl

Ideal_Rock
Such a wonderful story. What a fantastic surprise it must have been to get your e-ring, especially when you thought you weren't getting the diamond at GOG. Your BF certainly had a sneaky plan! :twisted2:
Congratulations on your marriage.

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats! :appl: I love your AVC (from one AVC owner to another!)! :love:

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely stunning!! But then, I'm a Tacori fan AND an AVC fan!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring! I love that setting for an AVC or AVR!!! :love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just gorgeous :love: and congratulations! Your ring (and DH!) is a keeper.:appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results