shape
carat
color
clarity

Drawing Are in from DK

metromom

Shiny_Rock
Thanks to everyone for your suggestions on a setting for my pink tourmaline. Thread is a few below.
I contacted David Klass on his ideas for a floral halo and here are his first round drawings.
There are no diamonds on the halo yet and the milgrain is hand applied, so that won't show.
What are everyone's thoughts?

_898.png

_1595.jpeg

RissaLou

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love it!! :appl:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What kind of pave will he be doing?

metromom

Shiny_Rock
Niel, the diamonds will be bead set.
Is that what you meant, or should I be asking something specifically??

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I like it.

VirginiaZee

Shiny_Rock
Oh that's pretty, I like it!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
metromom|1453517530|3980036 said:
Niel, the diamonds will be bead set.
Is that what you meant, or should I be asking something specifically??

No, that's what I meant thank you.

So there will be a metal edge around the edge of the petals?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think this is going to be a gorgeous ring! I'm not experienced with CADs enough to make specific suggestions, but it looks really good to me so far!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous design! I love it.
I would suggest to draw the ring to scale on a piece of paper and try it on your hand. The ring will be quite large as the stone itself is already 10 mm. I love the undergallery design. Experts: will it not enclose the stone too much as it will block the light?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like it, and am looking forward to seeing the finished ring.

DK :))

metromom

Shiny_Rock
I asked David to shrink the halo slightly overall so the spread isn't so wide while remaining proportional.
Should have updates Monday or Tuesday.

Thanks for your input everyone!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you want the petals to be "flat" or have a bit if "tilt"?

PattyCo

Brilliant_Rock
:love: This is going to be such a beautiful ring! :love:

metromom

Shiny_Rock
Chrono, what do you mean? I'm trying to picture it.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Right now all the petals are flat (on the same plane). Do you want a bit of tilt/curve (slight sloping of the petals downwards with the center stone as the highest point)? There's nothing wrong with the way it is now, it's more of a personal preference.

metromom

Shiny_Rock
I think I want them all flat but once I see the updated drawings with the petals smaller and narrower that might change. Thanks for bringing that to my attention, it may help with my fear of the ring being too wide/big if the petals are indeed slightly tilted.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
I like the current petal size, but I don't know how to read CADs, I'm looking forward to the second iteration.

metromom

Shiny_Rock
Updated CADs are attached with some diamonds set just for look. David assures me it will be delicate and proportionate in person. What do you guys think? I definitely like it better as it gives me the look/sparkle I am looking for without being too big.

dkfinal.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww, I must be the only one who likes it BIG with the original petals. :lol:

metromom

Shiny_Rock
LOL Chrono, I too like it big with the original petals, I'm just really nervous about the spread. I am a size 5 and the stone itself is 4.4 carats amd 10.5mm wide. So the ring width with the larger petals is 16.85 mm. I drew that out to size (of course on paper so not real) and it was kind of huge, like took up my entire finger. My old engagement ring was a 2.02 oval with a small micropave halo and that was almost too big.
Ugh I don't know what to do!!!!!
:appl:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know, the effect is just SO different when the petal shrank. :(sad Can you wear this on your middle finger? :lol:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Personally I like the new version with the shrunken petal. Your beautiful ring has more room to shine and to take center stage. It will also be more wearable on your small fingers, but I guess that depends on wether you intend to wear it on an almost daily basis and combine it with both jeans as with a little black dress or whether you would want to have a bigger more ornate ring for special occasions.

I guess it's a very personal decision and personally I like my rings more toned down with the stone taking center stage.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lol I prefer the huge one too.

S

SparkliesLuver

Listen to your gut as everyone will have an opinion. The roughly 2.5mm difference is big, so take your time and think it through. I don't think you can go wrong here - it's just a matter of what you want from the ring.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
I liked the big petals too, but I'm not wearing it so whatever you're most comfortable with.

metromom

Shiny_Rock
Thanks SparkliesLuver, I love that ring and all her designs. I inquired with her and she didn't feel comfortable setting such a rare tourmaline so she wouldn't take on my project. That does give me an idea of what the finished ring may look like, though many less "petals".

David is actually making a plastic mold of both designs and shipping them out to me so I can try them on and see what I think in terms of real life size. His responsiveness and customer service has been truly amazing!

Thanks for sharing.

S

SparkliesLuver

You're welcome. Yep, I remember you saying that. If anything, I thought it might help visualize.

Oh, great! That's wonderful. Can't wait to hear what you think once you receive them. :)

arabella

Shiny_Rock
I think I like the version with the shrunken petals better. It's awesome that David is sending you molds of both versions! I know that would be extremely helpful for me personally if I were in your shoes, so I hope it helps you make a decision that you're sure of and happy with. I look forward to hearing your thoughts once you get the molds!

Fancygems

Brilliant_Rock
My eye prefers the first set of cads

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results