shape
carat
color
clarity

Dragon shaped diamond crystal

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
Every once and awhile we run across a pretty cool inclusion during our evaluation process, today we ran across an inclusion that we''re affectionately calling "Puff" because he looks kind of like a prehistoric dragon
6.gif

gia12396206_dragon3.jpg

Puff''s head is a diamond crystal; the neck is a collection of pinpoint size diamond crystals called a "cloud" and the body is another diamond crystal... Here''s a shot of him using a little more light which shows a little more definition:

gia12396206_dragon2.jpg

Puff is located "center stage" within the table facet of a 1.80 carat, G, VS-2...

gemsource

Rough_Rock
THATS COOL.IVE SEEN SOME WEIRD STUFF.I SAW A CATTIPILLAR INCLUSION WAS THAT YOURS ON THE WEB?I CANT REMEMBER WHERE I SAW IT.

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
No, the caterpillar wasn't ours, but we'd like to see it... We've seen a few diamond crystals that look like bumble bees and some pretty cool constellations, but this is the first dragon we've run across...

optimized

Shiny_Rock
That IS cool. That seems almost like a "premium" inclusion, eh? Maybe you should consider marketing it to the "Lord of the Rings" set.
1.gif

-Tim

Lugus

Shiny_Rock
As a geek, that is definately cool
1.gif

Thanks for sharing!

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
We had a stone that had a team of reindeer pulling a sleigh as an inclusion. Everyone who was shown the inclusion saw the same thing. We set int into a custom made gold snowflake pin/pendant and it only made a single trip up to Maine where someone promptly bought it. It has been a number of years since this stone was here, but I can't forget the look of that inclusion. It was a great selling point...

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
That's very, very cool!
1.gif

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
Do you have a picture of the reindeer inclusion Dave? We'd love to see it! We thought this thread would be interesting because it might help people to view inclusions from a slightly different perspective, that being how interesting inclusions can be...

Talonnav

Shiny_Rock
I can hear it now... "Puff, the magic diamond."

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
R/T can you post a closeup of the stone so we can view the inclusion within the table?

Would you agree with the classification of the stone as a VS2? Obviously the pictures are closeups, but to have that many inclusions connected, and all under the table seems as though even without magnification *something* may be visible to the viewer?

mike04456

Brilliant_Rock
That's a good point, Mara. R/T, what was the magnification on those shots?

trichrome

Shiny_Rock
This picture looks like a 25x or 40x shot....

Trichrome.

niceice

Brilliant_Rock

----------------
On 3/14/2003 1:39:25 PM Mara wrote:
R/T can you post a closeup of the stone so we can view the inclusion within the table?

Would you agree with the classification of the stone as a VS2? Obviously the pictures are closeups, but to have that many inclusions connected, and all under the table seems as though even without magnification *something* may be visible to the viewer?----------------
Sure Mara, here you go:

gia12396206gs2a.jpg

We don't know the magnification, we take these pictures off of a camera set up that does not specify the magnification, but if you want something to compare this to, here is a picture of a household ant that measured about 2 mm in reality as seen through our GIA Gem Scope at 20x magnification:

ant20x.JPG

A whole bunch of clarity pictures for this diamond can be found here for anybody who is interested... We're not able to see any portion of the inclusions without magnification...

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is very cool! Its hard to remember that those mag shots are really magnified...upon viewing the pix on your site of the rest of the stone shots, I can see how this may be extremely tiny in reality. Kinda cool!! I wouldn't mind having a 'Puff' that no one could see but me with my loupe.

R/T I wanted to also suggest that you add pricing and/or color/clarity/ctw specs to the detail pages such as the one you listed below for Puff. Reasoning is that when I click over from a Pscope search page to the direct product/stone page on your site....the price and/or characteristics of the stone do not display. Yes they are listed on the Pscope search but not on the product page. Instead I have to then surf into your inventory to find the stone you are viewing and get pricing/details that way. It's a minor point, but may be nice to at least have the pricing listed somewhere on the page for people who float in from another site to your direct url. Just my two cents and it'd be helpful for when I post direct urls to people searching for stones...that way they can get pricing directly on the page they land on
9.gif

Also from the Puff page it looks like your newer stones now have Ideal Scope images and DiamCalc images of both Firescope simulations and the cool 'ray trace'...which I hadn't seen on your pages before. Always fun!! Very cool.
1.gif

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you Mara, that is excellent advice! We had never thought about adding the pricing information to our diamond details pages... The page referenced above is our new format and as you've noted it is quite thorough, we believe that the more information provided on a diamond, the easier it is for consumers to make educated decisions. At some point we hope to have the information up for every diamond in our inventory, but right now we seem to be running in catch-up mode and responding to stone-by-stone inquiries as people express an interest in a specific diamond... People may not realize how much time goes into making this type of detailed information available, but it can run about an hour per stone including the time it takes to build the web page.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Glad to supply new ideas!
1.gif
The new pages look very good!

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
You'll be happy to know Mara that we started implementing your price concept on our diamond details pages yesterday, we'll make it through the pages that have already been built "in all of our spare time"
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results