shape
carat
color
clarity

Dr. Munchkin''s Engagement Ring.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
I'm posting this for Munchkin:

The ring is from the 1950s. It is a 1.61 RB set in platinum and flanked by two tiny RBs (set north and south of each other), then a baguette, then another tiny RB. There are some touches of milgraining around the melee sized RBs.

It came from Leigh at antiqueengagementrings.com. Unfortunately, the pics that were on his sight of the ring were taken down this past weekend - although they SO didn't do it justice. I love it so much. My FI made a great final decision!

Rough stats include G color and I1 clarity. I NEVER thought I would want a ring so low in clarity! But, I can only see one cloud when I look for it, and it is totally masked by sparkle if light hits the stone. It was a great deal!

I am still giddy!

Munchkin
PS I have discovered that it really is difficult to drive while staring incessantly at my left hand. Maybe I'll just find a carpool.

Her Proposal Story:
I'm engaged. I'm actually engaged. I am still staring at my left hand in disbelief.

Many of you have no idea who I am, because I predominantly lurk. I have read this board often, however, as I worked through my own LIW issues.

To sum up who we are quickly... We are both in our mid-twenties. We have been together for over six years. We dated through college and grad school, and have basically become adults with each other. The main hardship is that we have been long-distance for the past several years. Above all, he is my best friend. I was simply ready for marriage before he was - hence my LIW board lurking!

But, he proposed this past Saturday. I can't stop smiling. I know this post isn't overly coherent, because my brain still feels fuzzy!

It was wonderful. It was so "us." We were at one of my favorite places on this earth. After dinner, he told me he had a game for me to play. It turned out to be a series of puzzles/riddles for me to complete. I would complete one and then move forward. (I LOVE puzzles, games, trivia, brain teasers - you name it! So I was loving it!) After the last puzzle I opened a box which had the ring, roses and a quote that is especially meaningful to us. After he asked, he showed me a DVD he had put together of photos of us from childhood through adulthood. (We didn't grow up together. He juxtaposed similar stages of our lives through pictures he had gotten from my mom when he asked for my parents' blessing.) The DVD was set to one of my favorite songs. Then we took a walk on the beach as the sun was setting.

I started crying as soon as I opened the last box, and cried even harder when watching the DVD. I just kept saying "I never thought I'd cry!"

So, the proposal was perfect, and I LOVE the ring! It has so much life! People at work kept saying "Why does it sparkle so much?" and "How did you get such a sparkly one?" I kept staring at it while driving today (I wouldn't recommend that ) I keep moving from light source to light source to see what it looks like.

I am just so, so happy and had to share with perfect strangers who would be genuinely excited for me. Thank you for giving me a forum to gush and babble! Sorry for any and all run-on sentences.

I'm off to stare at my hand and sigh for the 900th time today.
Munchkin

MKinsWeb.jpg

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Oh, that''s beautiful, Munchkin!!!
What a sweet proposal story!
Congrats and enjoy this special time!

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
that is a gorgeous ring!!! Congrats!

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful ring and proposal! Congratulations...

snuga

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! It''s beautiful!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! Its gorgeous! Need more and Bigger pictures!!!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/30/2005 12:11:20 PM
Author:Scintillating
I''m posting this for Munchkin:

I have discovered that it really is difficult to drive while staring incessantly at my left hand. Maybe I''ll just find a carpool.
LOL!!!! Too funny! Your ring is fantastic!
36.gif

widget

Ideal_Rock
Munchkin! What a sweet sweet proposal story!
30.gif

Congratulations to you both, and best best wishes!

The ring looks gorgeous! But appletini is right...we need more and bigger pictures!

1.gif
widget

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fabulous ring and congratulations Munchkin! Isn't it GREAT when you find a really clean I1 and can get increased size?
30.gif
The diamond looks HUGE too, I think you found a real winner!!!! I1's can be a great way to go if you find a good one which you have more than done! LOVE IT!
36.gif
36.gif

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~That ring is gorgeous!!! Congrats!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
SO PRETTY! I love antique rings...So classic.

Congrats!

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
WOW!! It''s gorgeous Munchkin!!
30.gif
30.gif

Congratulations!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Great proposal story and that ring is simply gorgeous!! Hope we can see some more pictures of it. Congratulations!!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh munchkin, congratulations!!! I loved your proposal story and that ring is just incredible. I just love it.
30.gif
30.gif
36.gif

CoutureFemme

Shiny_Rock
Munchkin, congratulations to you and your fiance on your engagement! you''re right that we on PS would genuinely be super-excited for you! the ring is spectacular and the proposal so sweet. I''m so happy for you!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very, very nice . . . congrats to you both!

Please take some close up pics when you can - would love to see the detail of those side stones.

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Ooh! Your ring is beautiful, Munchkin!
Congratulations on your engagement, and on your wonderful choice!
Post more pictures for us if you get a chance!!

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
congrats munchkin!!! your FI did a great job on the proposal!!! and what a wonderful ring!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif

sarita

Brilliant_Rock
Sweet story, munchkin. How exciting. I just love your ring, it is classic but a very unique setting that really brings out the center. (I just love tiny side 3-stone rings). Enjoy your engagement well!!

lilyinct

Shiny_Rock
Munchkin, congratulations! What a beautiful story and ring!

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! Wonderful story and beautiful ring, Munchkin!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
beautiful... love those antiques!! they just have so much character. congrats!

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats & beautiful ring! Can we see more pictures of it, closer up? It looks beautiful but the detail you describe in words doesn''t show up entirely. I would love to see more!

portoar

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous ring, and beautiful story! Congratulations, many happy years to you both!

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Oh, munchkin, your ring is just gorgous and SO sparkly! Please do post more photos--I''d love to see the details. Perhaps you could even email Leigh to see if he could send you the shots that used to be on his site.

What a sweet, sweet proposal. Congrats again!
36.gif

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful!
30.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful! Way to go on finding a gorgeous I-1!

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Just beautiful. Everything about your story is just beautiful. From the proposal (his planning is just such a tribute to your love) to the beautiful ring. Wear it well. Congrats and best wishes.

shay

orangevixen

Shiny_Rock
CONGRATULATIONS, MUNCHKIN! What a stunning ring, and a beautiful story. I wish you all of the happiness the world has to offer
9.gif

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
I''d still love to see more close-up pics of your beautiful ring!! And side views!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results