shape
carat
color
clarity

Down to two: how do these diamonds look?

Picabia

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone,
Thanks again for all the help so far. With the aid of the HCA I''ve narrowed my search down to 2 virtual stones, which are on hold and waiting for me to check out at Eternity Diamonds. I''d love to hear your opinions before I go (ideal scope in hand) to check them out in person. Right now I''m leaning toward stone #1, which is apparently eye clean at 4 inches without a loop, but does show a small feather on the table under magnification:

Measurements: 6.26 - 6.30 x 3.83 mm
Carat Weight: 0.92 carat
Color Grade: F
Clarity Grade: SI1
Cut Grade: Excellent
Depth: 61.0%
Table: 58%
Crown Angle: 34.0°
Crown Height: 14.0%
Pavilion Angle: 41.0°
Pavilion Depth: 43.5%
Star length: 50%
Lower Half: 75%
Girdle: Medium to Slightly Thick, Faceted
Culet: None
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Excellent
Fluorescence: None

The second stone has kind of a weird cut, but the numbers work out and it looks to be big--plus I kind of wanted fluorescence:

Measurements: 6.27 - 6.30 x 3.73 mm
Carat Weight: 0.90 carat
Color Grade: F
Clarity Grade: VS2
Cut Grade: Excellent
Depth: 59.3%
Table: 60%
Crown Angle: 32.5°
Pavilion Angle: 41.0°

Girdle: Medium to Slightly Thick, Faceted 3.5%
Culet: None
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
Fluorescence: Med Blue

So, what do you think?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both look good. #1 has balanced proportions, #2 will lean toward white light return (reduced fire in situations that call for it - as in, fire in fewer lighting environments).

All depends on what you like

Picabia

Shiny_Rock
Thanks yssie. It''s taken me a month to narrow it down to these, so if there are any obvious concerns (like the white light return on #2) I''m all ears. Otherwise I''ll be practicing with my ideal scope this weekend to check them out in person Monday!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ditto Yssie but I prefer ther balanced cut.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/7/2010 3:01:48 PM
Author: Picabia
Thanks yssie. It''s taken me a month to narrow it down to these, so if there are any obvious concerns (like the white light return on #2) I''m all ears. Otherwise I''ll be practicing with my ideal scope this weekend to check them out in person Monday!
See which you prefer as you are seeing them in person, you never know, you might prefer the 60 60 type, but have fun, see if you can view both away from any bright store lights and enjoy your IS!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results