shape
carat
color
clarity

Down to three stones

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sledger

Rough_Rock
Hello everybody,

I've been reading the posts on this site for the past couple weeks while I narrow down by search for my ideal stone. I have three diamonds shipping in tomorrow to my local B&M store to check out and would like some opinions before I head over there to see them in person.

I have specs for the first two diamonds and will provide information on third once I recieve it.

Diamond 1
G
SI1 - Only has a cloud
Cut/Polish/Sym Ex/Ex/Ex
Girdle Thin - Med
FL - no
Table 55
Depth 61.2
Crown 34.5
Pavillion 40.6
Culet 0
HCA .7

Diamond 2
H
SI1
Cut/Polish/Sym Ex/Ex/Ex
Girdle - Awaiting Specs
FL - Med
Table 56
Depth 61.6
Crown 35.0
Pavillion 40.8
Culet 0
HCA 1.5

The price difference between the two will not affect my decision. I'm looking for something that is going to give me the best "sparkle" as that was the only requirement from the GF:)

Thanks for the help!

Scott

*I forgot to mention both stones are GIA certified
1.gif

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both could be very nice. Let us know how it goes.

Sledger

Rough_Rock
Will do. Whats your opinion on fluoresence in a diamond? I heard that if the diamond is colorless then fluoresence is bad but if it''s G or H then fluoresence can actually make it look lighter.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
a lot of people like blue fluoresence in colorless and near colorless stones.

Sledger

Rough_Rock
So I checked out the three diamonds that came out and the fluoresence one was the first to go. The stone looked a little hazy and overall the two other competitors were better.

Between the 1.53 H/SI1 and the 1.6 G/SI1 I''m leaning towards the 1.6 however it is $2,xxx more. I found fewer inclusions on the 1.6. One was a white cloud on the table but very small and hardly noticeable and the others were small black specs on the pavillion. The GIA cert only said there was a cloud so I guess they missed these things on the pavillion? Does that seem right?

Does the 1.6 for 2k more sound reasonable over the 1.53?

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
You pay for the better color, the larger size, and the fewer inclusions. $2K extra does not seem unreasonable.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results