shape
carat
color
clarity

Down to these 2 diamonds. Please help me to choose (Video Included)

kayi078

Rough_Rock
GIA number 5296911179
1.37 G VS2 eye clean
HCA score 2.7

G VS2.jpg

GIA number: 1255928309
1.35ct E VS2 eye clean (one black carbon crystal on table) Faint fluorescence
HCA score 0.9
E VS2.jpg

Video (Left = E color / Middle = G color)

Question:
1. Both diamonds are available locally in Hong Kong and both have equal level of fire and sparkle, which one should i choose? E color is only $400 more expensive than G color but the E color has faint fluorescence. Should i be worried about the fluorescence? I had no chance looking it under the sunlight.

2. E color one has a tiny black carbon on table but both diamonds were eye clean from 6 inches away. Should I be worried about the carbon?

I'm leaning to get the E color one, any comment? Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:

farrahlyn

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I prefer the E for several reasons. first of all, i think the angles are more complimentary on this stone. Second, just $400 more and you get two grades higher in color! Also, the clarity notes on the G mention "clouds not shown" which can sometimes impede light performance. Of course your jeweler can vet the stone for you but for all the reasons above, i think the E is a no brainer if it is eye clean. Faint fluoro would not even be a concern for me.

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the angles on the E better. In the video, it looked bigger. Though they are the same size. Do they have a return policy so you could live with it for several days in real life conditions?

kayi078

Rough_Rock
I
prefer the E for several reasons. first of all, i think the angles are more complimentary on this stone. Second, just $400 more and you get two grades higher in color! Also, the clarity notes on the G mention "clouds not shown" which can sometimes impede light performance. Of course your jeweler can vet the stone for you but for all the reasons above, i think the E is a no brainer if it is eye clean. Faint fluoro would not even be a concern for me.

Thanks +1 vote for E

I like the angles on the E better. In the video, it looked bigger. Though they are the same size. Do they have a return policy so you could live with it for several days in real life conditions?

Thanks for your comment. Another vote for E

Sadly they dont provide any return policy in Hong Kong.

farrahlyn

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

i totally forgot my comment on the video. i completely agree, the E looks visibly larger and it seems to produce much more light return than the G. I couldn't take my eyes off it

kayi078

Rough_Rock
any other comment ?

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the proportions of E much better. I also like the higher color for a minimal price difference. Faint flouro wouldn’t even be recognized as flouro if the stone was graded by AGS so that is not a concern at all! Also, I see that the G has a comment of “additional clouds not shown” which could potentially make the stone cappers cloudier even st a VS2 grade.

kayi078

Rough_Rock
should I be worried about the tiny black crystal on E color table?

Its eye clean from 6 inches away but I can see the black inclusion close up.

kayi078

Rough_Rock
ok I just took a look of the E color diamond again

I put it under yellow light and filmed a video but it was lack of fire, why is that?

david b

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I agree with most. I would take the diamond 1.35 carat E color VS2 clarity, the Faint Fluor is nothing to care about it will have no effect on the diamond performance, E is visibly whiter than G it absolutely worth the $400.

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
should I be worried about the tiny black crystal on E color table?

Its eye clean from 6 inches away but I can see the black inclusion close up.
No you should not. It’s the better diamond.

david b

Shiny_Rock
Trade
are you looking at the diamond from top?
If you see the black and it will bother you
in the back of your mind-do not take it.

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The E has better angles and in the video looks to have the better light return. Faint fluorescence is a non-issue. But it really depends how bothered you are about the black crystal. Black crystals in a VS2 should be very hard to detect, so I am a bit surprised you can see it without magnification. I was told my stone has one but I cannot find it even with a loupe.

kayi078

Rough_Rock
ok I just took a look of the E color diamond again

I put it under yellow light and filmed a video but it was lack of fire, why is that?

anyone knows why it doesn't have much fire in E color diamond?

david b

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Just make sure you do not see the black spot under the diamond's table as it will stay in the back of your mind forever

gm89uk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I do see fire in your second video.. The hand is moving too quickly, the camera is over exposed but yet there are still coloured flashes. The camera possibly appears a bit foggy/smudged as well.
Diamonds will have less fire in different lights compared to others. Don't expect your diamond to perform like that at home. Not because it's a bad diamond, but just because diamonds will sparkle much more in jewellery light stores. Can you get an idealscope?
The light performance of the E looks better than the G.

MrsKBP

Shiny_Rock
E! E! E! E!

While I would normally not like any flow in a ring, this seems negligible and if you had not told me, I’m sure I would not have known. The color and fire are fantastic! Winner!

kayi078

Rough_Rock
ok I already bought the E
hopefully it will perform well without idealscope photo

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results