shape
carat
color
clarity

Down to my last 2 stones...thanks for the help so far.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

wushah

Rough_Rock
Thanks to the people that have helped me in my quest to get my GF the best diamond I can possibly get her. You guys here have been invaluable and really offer wonderful advice. Thanks again.

So I am down to 2 stones. Let me know what you think:

Stone#1

Carat weight: 2.03

Cut: Ideal

Color: F

Clarity: VS2

Depth %: 61.9%

Table %: 54%

Symmetry: Ideal

Polish: Ideal

Girdle: Medium to thick

Culet: None

Fluorescence: Negligible

Measurements: 8.14 x 8.16 x 5.05 mm

Crown angle: 34.1

Pavillion angle: 40.8

Price- 23.4 K

Stone #2

Carat wt- 2.13

Cut- Excellent

Color- G

Clarity- VS2

Depth- 61.6

Table- 56

Symmetry- Excellent

Polish- Excellent

Girdle- medium to thick

Culet- none

Flourescence- none

Measurements- 8.26 x 8.30 x 5.09

Crown angle: 35

Pavillion angle: 40.6

Price- 22K

Thoughts. Thanks again.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
They will have slightly different looks, but both should be excellent performing diamonds. The second one is cheaper and faces up larger.

Personally I''d drop down to the SI range and save a few grand to put towards the setting or the wedding. Many SI stones are perfectly eye clean.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
at this point, you should sit down with both stones and get to know them.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/6/2009 7:12:19 PM
Author: JulieN
at this point, you should sit down with both stones and get to know them.
If that''s a possibility, it''s an excellent idea! Both will be very pretty, but as I suggested they will have slightly different looks and you may have a preference for one over the other.

wushah

Rough_Rock
Hey. Thanks for the quick replies. Appreciate it. I put both of them in the cut analyzer, and one had a 1.1 from TIC score and the other one around .8 (I think...I did this the other day). They both scored well.

My question is whether the color difference between F and G really makes a difference? The G is a bit larger and cheaper.

Also, I unfortunately can''t see either one of these stones. I am going off paper here.

Thanks again.

:)

Brilliant_Rock
wushah, are the reports done by ags and gia, respectively?
is it actually a possibility for you to look at them side by side? are they at a local jeweler?

In all likelihood, unless you (or your s.o.) are extremely color sensitive, a G should be fine in that size. Have you and your SO gone to look at (gia and ags graded) stones in this size to check your color preferences?

wushah

Rough_Rock
I do believe they were done by AGS and GIA, respectively. The first one by AGS for sure. I feel fairly confident the second one was done by GIA.

Unfortunately, I can''t look at them side-by-side. That would have been ideal.

I am leaning towards the second stone as it appears to perform better, is a bit larger, less expensive, and is one color grade away from the other.

I appreciate the input of you fellow posters.

:)

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/6/2009 8:38:14 PM
Author: wushah
I do believe they were done by AGS and GIA, respectively. The first one by AGS for sure. I feel fairly confident the second one was done by GIA.

I am leaning towards the second stone as it appears to perform better, is a bit larger, less expensive, and is one color grade away from the other.

I like your thinking :)
I would lean the same way.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/6/2009 9:04:17 PM
Author: :)

I like your thinking :)
I would lean the same way.
So would I.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock

Unfortunately, I can't look at them side-by-side. That would have been ideal.

Hi wushah, what gives you this impression?

I'll be the lone (wo)man out and go for number one. It's numbers are a given (GIA rounds), and they're very good. Also, the difference in size is .13mm, not noticeable in stones of this size.

Just throwing my 2 pennies in!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results