shape
carat
color
clarity

Down to 2 Round E-rings..need help..ready to pull trigger!!

mgh

Rough_Rock
Between:

http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/H-SI2-Ideal-Cut-Round-Diamond-1402313.asp

First diamond has a HCA report of : 1.7

Shape: Round
Carat weight: 1.01
Cut: Ideal
Color: H
Clarity: SI2
Certificate: GIA

Depth: 62.1%
Table: 58.0%
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Excellent
Girdle: Medium to thick
Culet:
Fluorescence:
Measurements: 6.41*6.36*3.96
Crown Angle: 36.5
Crown %:
Pavilion %:

Or:

http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/G-SI2-Ideal-Cut-Round-Diamond-1388976.asp

Second diamond has HCA report of : 2.7

Shape: Round
Carat weight: 1.01
Cut: Ideal
Color: G
Clarity: SI2
Certificate: GIA

Depth: 62.7%
Table: 57.0%
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
Girdle:
Culet: None
Fluorescence: None
Measurements: 6.36*6.38*3.99

Either one will go in a solitare 1.5mm setting white gold.

I have request both on hold, and also Ideal Scope images. Not sure if i should be concerned with the inclusions on either one or not...any advice on these two? or should I be considering another diamond outside of these two? Budget would be $6500 for stone and ring.

Thanks!

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re: Down to 2 Round E-rings..need help..ready to pull trigge

Don't assume SI2 will be eye-clean, ask JA to double check on that. Numbers could work, 1st stone could be cut with a thinner girdle with the same proportion and optical performance but falls below 1carat mark.

crbl999

Brilliant_Rock

Second stone has visible leakage. I'm not a big fan of the high CA on the first stone.

mgh

Rough_Rock

I sent a request to JA to verify eye clean on both stones..will update on that along with idealscope when avail

mgh

Rough_Rock

here are both IdealScopes.

JA said that the second diamond is there choice, as the first diamond inclusion is on the table and visible to the naked eye.

The second diamond has inclusion, but can be hidden by mounting prong

Confused now!!

1.jpg

2.jpg

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock

I would go with the 2nd stone, IS image does not show visible leakage if you correct for the tilt when the image is taken.

crbl999

Brilliant_Rock

Ditto Stone. Earlier I stated that there was visible leakage on the stone image, but after another look, the stone is tilted in that image too.

mgh

Rough_Rock

You guys are sure on the leakage tilt issue? Im not sure on the return policy, I am going to read up further into JA returns just in case.

Any other stones out there that may be a better buy?

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock

I definitely would not go with stone #1 since it has a visible inclusion. As for stone #2- since the leakage issue was put to rest- I would get that one.

Hard to tell if there is a better buy out there- we would need to know your bottom line budget.

CedarRapids

Shiny_Rock

Screen this one:

http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-2692470.htm

<1.0 carat but may be cut better. IMO, being H and VS2 and having a more reasonable depth are good enough to ask for more information.

The WF search results indicated that this is GIA graded but report not available online. If interested, call and find details, plug in parameters in HCA and AGA/NAJA Cut Grade tools and see what you got.

Note diameter of the diamond (6.33x6.36x3.87) is similar to the ones you posted. It will look the same face-up when mounted.

WF will give you a PS discount and there's also a 10% special right now. Should be within your budget and worth considering if it's nice.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

The depth is too much on the second stone. I'd want my 1 ct. stone to be closer to 6.5mm in diameter. I look for depth of 62.0 or less but definitely not more than 62.3%. I'd keep looking.

mgh

Rough_Rock

CedarRapids|1316048779|3017877 said:
Screen this one:

<1.0 carat but may be cut better. IMO, being H and VS2 and having a more reasonable depth are good enough to ask for more information.

The WF search results indicated that this is GIA graded but report not available online. If interested, call and find details, plug in parameters in HCA and AGA/NAJA Cut Grade tools and see what you got.

Note diameter of the diamond (6.33x6.36x3.87) is similar to the ones you posted. It will look the same face-up when mounted.

WF will give you a PS discount and there's also a 10% special right now. Should be within your budget and worth considering if it's nice.

How do u get 10% discount to show up? Thanks.

CedarRapids

Shiny_Rock

mgh|1316106654|3018266 said:
Screen this one:

mgh|1316106654|3018266 said:
Screen this one:

Sorry. I misspoke and/or was unclear. If you click on "promotions" on the top of their page, they are doing 10% of settings if you get a diamond in their "A Cut Above" line.

Visit the WF website through PS: https://www.pricescope.com/featured-sponsors/
You'll see a PS price for any given loose diamond.

When I was searching for my loose stone (I ended up getting it elsewhere), I had created an account on WF and added some diamonds to my wishlist. After some activity on their website, a promotional pop-up told me I could get a discount (10%?) if I purchased in the next 24 hours. I also got an email or two encouraging me to do so. I don't recall the exact deal that was offered. I would have done it had it were a stone with the specs I was looking for. I'm also not sure if the type of stone I added in my wishlist had any influence on what kind of discount I was being offered.

cereal_diamond

Rough_Rock

mgh|1316035497|3017691 said:
here are both IdealScopes.

JA said that the second diamond is there choice, as the first diamond inclusion is on the table and visible to the naked eye.

The second diamond has inclusion, but can be hidden by mounting prong

Confused now!!

With regards to the second diamond don't forget you have to take into consideration how hiding the inclusion with the prong could affect the overall symmetry i.e how the arrows line up... at least that's what I recall one poster said sometime ago =)

mgh

Rough_Rock

i decided not to go with either stone. will continue my search. any recommendations greatly appreciated. thanks again everyone for all the insight

mgh

Rough_Rock

still on my hunt! help welcomed.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results