shape
carat
color
clarity

Down to 2. Please advise...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Close2Decision

Rough_Rock
After seemingly months of tracking down stones/research I have it down to just 2 stones. Here are the stats:

Diamond #1
Shape: Round Brilliant
Measurements: 6.2 - 6.27 x 3.73 mm
Weight: .90
Depth: 59.8%
Table: 57%
Girdle: Thin to Slightly Think, Faceted
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Good
Clarity Grade: VS2
Color Grade: E
Flouresence: None
TCI - .3

Diamond #2
Shape: Round Brilliant
Measurements: 6.17 - 6.22 x 3.75 mm
Weight: .86
Depth: 60.5%
Table: 57%
Girdle: Thin to Medium, Faceted
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
Clarity Grade: VS2
Color Grade: E
Flouresence: None
TCI - .7

I am a little concerned with marking on the certification of Diamond #1. There are several crystal markings around the outside portion of the diamond (approx 9). There are also markings for "Indented Natural" and "Extra Facet". Should I not be worried since it is a VS2? The certification also does not include clouds. The only reason I am concerned is because the two graphics on each of these certificates look so different. Am I worrying about things that are almost impossible to detect? I wasn't sure if it was appropriate to attach the cert.

I do like both stones very much but due to my inexperience in this area feel as though I should get some other opinions. This is a pretty large decision :twirl:

Thanks for your help in advance,
-Brian

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
My vote is for #2

Close2Decision

Rough_Rock
I should also state that diamond #2 is $500 dollars more. So are the differences greater than that amount?

moediamond

Rough_Rock
Sorry for your dilemma,
One thing I noticed is that the plot diagrams sometimes hurt the outcome of the diamond.
I'd say drop #1 only because you'll probably think about the 9 crystals and extra facet for a very long time.
Have you seen these diamonds in person?
The second diamond is being sold for $500 more because dealers who have access to the GIA database cannot find this stone listed, thereby ending all competition for this stone.

:))

me-hmmm

Rough_Rock
Interesting. I've seen before that some stones have extra facets. How much should this discount the stone, or is it captured in clarity rating adequately?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results