shape
carat
color
clarity

Douglas Trade Show

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

RoughRider

Rough_Rock
Hi folks!
Has anyone heard about/attended the Douglas Trade Show in Hawaii?
confused.gif
It is supposed to be a "wholesale event" for trade industry buyers (lots of jewelry, but other stuff, too). You need a G.E. license to attend as a buyer. It is being held this Sept. 12 - 14.
My g/f''s coworker told her that she bought her e-ring there last year for "a very good price." She said there were jewelry/diamond vendors from (mostly) California & Canada(?), and elsewhere from the US.
If anyone is attending this show I''d love to be able to meet you in person! I would be wary about buying from a stranger in a 10'' x 10'' booth without being able to verify their business record.
That said ...
If I do go to this show, and find a diamond with a GIA cert and matching girdle inscription, check it out with my Ideal Scope and loupe - or if the vendor has a scope - and match it up to the cert, should I feel confident that the stone is indeed the one on the cert? Or is fraudulant girdle inscription a "common problem?"
Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated!
2.gif

Thanks!

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
-----------
If I do go to this show, and find a diamond with a
GIA cert and matching girdle inscription, check it
out with my Ideal Scope and loupe - or if the vendor
has a scope - and match it up to the cert, should I
feel confident that the stone is indeed the one on
the cert?
-----------

Sounds like a pretty confident scenario to me.

-----------
Or is fraudulant girdle inscription a "common
problem?"
-----------

No, it's not common.

RoughRider

Rough_Rock
Hi Rich,
Thanks for the reply!
2.gif

Hopefully they'll allow photography in there - maybe I can figure out how to post pictures by then!

Craig

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results