carat
color
clarity

Double your Pleasure - Two CBI diamonds that weigh 5.003 cts

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
C
Don't be so greedy of hogging up two beautiful CBI stones..:Up_to_something:. send me the 2.21 ct so that I can use it for my RHR....:love:

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
C
Don't be so greedy of hogging up two beautiful CBI stones..:Up_to_something:. send me the 2.21 ct so that I can use it for my RHR....:love:
Now now DF, I followed your journey to cut your Octavia so you already have a RHR. Besides you and your wife already have a boat load of H&A diamonds. I wonder what happened with 8*, are they still around? I know @Wink used to sell them years ago. I wonder how they compare to the modern CBIs that he sells now.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now now DF, I followed your journey to cut your Octavia so you already have a RHR. Besides you and your wife already have a boat load of H&A diamonds. I wonder what happened with 8*, are they still around? I know @Wink used to sell them years ago. I wonder how they compare to the modern CBIs that he sells now.
IDK..I think they are out of business?..:confused2:. The 8* that I posted belongs to my wife's SIL. She wears the ring every day. IIRC her 8* is 1.18ct GIA I VVS2. I purchased the stone in 1999 from a coin dealer friend of mine on the behalf of my BIL.

Yeah, I remember Wink used to carry the 8* brand. I'm glad he decided to drop the 8* and kept the CBI brand...;))

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats, how are you going to set it?

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Img2409.jpg

A pavilion shot.
@John Pollard is it correct to say that one can see dispersion even with this diamond pavillion up? When I look closely at the zoomed in photo, I see rainbow colors near the girdle. Why is that?

Last edited:

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@John Pollard is it correct to say that one can see dispersion even with this diamond pavillion up? When I look closely at the zoomed in photo, I see rainbow colors near the girdle. Why is that?
I'm guessing that light will still be bouncing around and refracting within the diamond, even face down! :)

I think it's almost a shame that diamonds are set face up, as the pavilion is lovely and 'structural' in design :)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohhh, how gorgeous!!!:love::love::love: You are one lucky lady to have TWO gorgeous CBI stones! This 2.79 has my favorite angles, etc, and F VS1 would be my first choice of color and clarity for a H&A stone if money was not an object!

I can't wait to see how you set it! The smaller one would make a killer pendant or three stone ring!

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@cflutist ,

I'm so happy for you! :appl:

Two CBIs! Each over 2 cts!

Your new CBI is breathtaking! Absolutely perfect!

Enjoy your beautiful new diamond in good health, and Happy Anniversary to you and your DH.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohhh, how gorgeous!!!:love::love::love: You are one lucky lady to have TWO gorgeous CBI stones! This 2.79 has my favorite angles, etc, and F VS1 would be my first choice of color and clarity for a H&A stone if money was not an object!

I can't wait to see how you set it! The smaller one would make a killer pendant or three stone ring!

@diamondseeker2006

Thank you for your kind words. 34.5 and 40.8 are my favorite too but @John Pollard tells me that we are talking about very minute differences between that and 34.3 and 40.9. Placed side by side we probably could not identify which CA/PA was which. I think that it is really more of a "mind clean" issue.

A 3-stone ring is a great idea but I have a number of them (although smaller) already. I probably need another one like I need a hole in my head, oh wait, I do have a hole in my skull from my craniotomy to remove a brain tumor. :lol:

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Img2456.jpg

I think that I have just gone to heaven and back. Such a gorgeous diamond, imo..

This is one of the most beautiful photographs of a diamond I've ever seen! I went to heaven and back too!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@diamondseeker2006

Thank you for your kind words. 34.5 and 40.8 are my favorite too but @John Pollard tells me that we are talking about very minute differences between that and 34.3 and 40.9. Placed side by side we probably could not identify which CA/PA was which. I think that it is really more of a "mind clean" issue.

A 3-stone ring is a great idea but I have a number of them (although smaller) already. I probably need another one like I need a hole in my head, oh wait, I do have a hole in my skull from my craniotomy to remove a brain tumor. :lol:

You are 100% correct about the angles! I am sure I couldn't tell them apart! It's definitely a mental thing!

Hey, it sounds like you may need another 3 stone!:lol: What about side sapphires???

But a pendant that size would be out of this world! It's fun thinking about the options!

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I heard back from John:
The answer is, yes, diamond disperses light naturally in any direction as a by-product of its physical properties. So the camera is indeed “seeing” spectral fans, even upside down. But for more fire - and more sparkle and more life - turn that bad-boy face up!
:mrgreen2:

John

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MissGotRocks
@ILikeShiny
@diamondseeker2006

The setting will be similar to my Vatche Serenity with the following changes (went through 3 CAD design revisions with @Winks_Elf to get it where I wanted it):

1 - pave shank will be 2.1mm instead of 1.8mm because Melissa didn't recommend 1.8mm for a 9.06mm stone, 6-prong head for safety reasons (have previously sat through a 3-hour orchestra rehearsal with a 2.05 D-VS2 in my pocket when it fell out of a 4-prong mounting after a door was slammed on my hand)

2 - the diamond will be set a bit higher with the pavilion accessible for a quick cleaning with a toothbrush and liquid DW detergent or bathgel if traveling. Always thought that the diamond was a little squished in the Vatche setting even though the culet could be seen in the profile view

3 - will be cast by the same people that cast Harry Winston jewelry, both Wink and Melissa say that the final polish will be far superior to the work from Vatche. I have not personally seen their custom rings but have seen examples of them on the HPD Facebook page.

As far as the 2.21 CBI goes, the current plan to leave it in its existing mounting for now. I am too cheap to throw away a perfectly good mounting. I reused my existing mounting when I set my 3.01 F-SI1 pear for the same reasons.

I hope to have the finished ring before I go on my next cruise.

bmfang

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Utterly stunning shots of your new beauty!

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congratulations Cheryl! Absolutely gorgeous gorgeous stones. :) The new setting sounds gorgeous too. I can't wait to see it.
Judy
:)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This sounds lovely, cflutist! I am 100% with you on needing to be able to clean the stone! That is one reason I haven't reset my AVR, because I can clean it well in its current setting! I can't wait to see that gorgeous diamond in its new setting!!! :appl:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This sounds lovely, cflutist! I am 100% with you on needing to be able to clean the stone! That is one reason I haven't reset my AVR, because I can clean it well in its current setting! I can't wait to see that gorgeous diamond in its new setting!!! :appl:
Yup, The main reason why I love my tension setting. My wife's basket settings is a PITB to clean...:knockout:

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
JPO_2663-1920.jpg
Just received another photo from John that he was saving. This time with 3 other CBI diamonds. The weights of the other diamonds are 0.75, 1.25 and 1.15 carat. Thanks John.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The colours in that lovely honker of yours :love::love:

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
*adds to cart* I WILL TAKE IT!

(jelly. What a gorgeous diamond. and I wish I had went with a jeweler with a 100% upgrade policy!)

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

It is a terrible thing to be jealous! MEEEE WANT!:lol-2::mrgreen2:

cheers--Sharon

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These things seem worth having just to photograph !
Not joking ...

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
20171011_115721.jpg Here is a side view of both of them.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is both of them in natural lighting

20171011_114450.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results