shape
carat
color
clarity

Double strand clasp?

LinSF

Brilliant_Rock
I have a pearl necklace sitting unused in my drawer. I feel too conspicuous wearing pearls near my face, I feel like it attracts too much attention to me (Look at my fingers, yes! But not my face!)

I am thinking of restringing it into a double strand bracelet. From reading threads here, it seems that I could probably restring it myself, but I cannot find a nice clasp for a double strand. Has anyone seen findings like this? Or does it make more sense to send it off to someone like DK to redo with a custom clasp?

molinePDG

Shiny_Rock
Trade
There are plenty of standard findings available that you'll be able to find for this. It may be worth going to your trusted jeweler and just asking what they have available as a starting point.

Clasps are pretty uncommon for custom projects, but not unheard of. It depends if you want something fairly standard or more ornate, I would think.

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
Check the auction sites for vintage ones? I scooped one up recently and have been enjoying it. Some of the nicer ones have sapphires or other bling. What color would you say your pearls are?
68B06733-D342-4E50-A014-AA945A9C79B3.jpeg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
How excitting !
Looking forward to you wearing it
Good luck finding a clasp

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

LinSF

Brilliant_Rock
I think I need to do some better searching for clasps! I didn't come up with anything on my search. Vintage is definitely a great idea, I'd love something that had a previous life. I'll post a photo of the pearls when I get home tonight!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
KGH based in Israel makes gorgeous clasps, and I got my 2-strand one via Pearl Paradise ages ago, about 20mm in diameter.

PP put me in touch with them, and they custom made a pair of diamond earring jackets for 8mm pearls using part of the clasp for me (shown with my near 0.5ct/6mm stud which are too small for the jackets).

DK :))

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I thought KGH was Trade only ?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results