shape
carat
color
clarity

Double halo ring setting

mark123

Rough_Rock
Hi All,

I'm new to this and looking for a double halo setting for a cushion cut diamond, ideally like the Soleste at Tiffany.
http://www.tiffany.com/engagement/Item.aspx?GroupSKU=GRP10060

I would like this to be made in platinum and look delicate as the Tiffany's one does. Also I'm looking to set a 2 ct diamond so need the workmanship to prevent gaps between the haloes.

Please can you let me know anyone who is good at this work, whom you have used?

Thanks
Mark

slg47

Ideal_Rock
what is your budget?

mark123

Rough_Rock
My budget is around $4000 for the setting. Thanks Mark

slg47

Ideal_Rock
do you already have the 2 carat diamond?

some vendors that PSers have used for these types of settings are

Leon Mege
Steven Kirsch
Victor Canera

Engagement Rings Direct
Brian Gavin Diamonds

the first three are handmade and will likely be over your budget, but you could check with them.

the second two use CAD and will result in slightly more metal showing, but may be in budget. there is a poster now getting a double halo ring from ERD, his CADs are posted here [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/looking-for-loose-cushion-cut-diamond-for-engagement-ring.165128/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/looking-for-loose-cushion-cut-diamond-for-engagement-ring.165128/[/URL]

is this for an engagement ring? 2 halos on a 2 carat stone is quite substantial, I would make sure she is prepared to wear something of that size first :)

pixies

Shiny_Rock
Wintotty had Diamonds by Lauren make her a Soleste inspired ring: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-new-rhr-double-halo-yellow-diamond-ring.157408/

Here is another double halo setting they make: http://rockdiamond.com/index.php/je...made-double-halo-in-platinum-uber-ring-so4066

The listing above mentions it is made for diamonds up to 1.5ct. Tiffany only goes up to 1.5 as well. These settings are often used to amp up/enhance smaller stones. I'm sure it is possible to make them for larger stones so I would contact them to see what they can do for a 2ct stone. They are almost in budget for you (at $4300). The setting may cost a bit more for a larger stone.

mark123

Rough_Rock
Thank you both for your replies!

slg47, I have not purchased the diamond yet. I am currently looking online at the moment. If you know anyone you would recommend please let me know. Also thank you for the link you posted it was very informative. Do you think a 2ct with a double halo is too large? My girlfriend has very small hands, about a 3.5 ring size, but she adores large rings. I've only been able to have her try the Tiffany Soleste in 1.23 ct size, and she is happy to go for something larger than that.
My understanding is that 2ct is only about 2mm larger, am I mistaken?

slg47

Ideal_Rock
are you going with a cushion cut like the soleste?

even if it is only 2 mm larger proportionally that is a lot larger on a size 3.5 finger. if she liked the 1.23 ct maybe aim for around a 1.5?

also if you are looking for a cushion I would recommend this video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1O7H8E_MYRM
the Tiffany Soleste has a modern rectangular cushion, is that the look your GF prefers?

mark123

Rough_Rock
thanks for the link,again very informative.

Yes, she likes the modern cushion cut like the soleste but keen to avoid the crushed ice effect which is quite common in the diamonds. She also likes the hearts and arrows however are a little pricey.

Is it common practice for online diamond sellers to provide an Aset and/or a DiamXray.

Thanks again for all help
Mark

slg47

Ideal_Rock
mark123|1317578804|3031310 said:
thanks for the link,again very informative.

Yes, she likes the modern cushion cut like the soleste but keen to avoid the crushed ice effect which is quite common in the diamonds. She also likes the hearts and arrows however are a little pricey.

Is it common practice for online diamond sellers to provide an Aset and/or a DiamXray.

Thanks again for all help
Mark

no, not common. many of the PS vendors provide ASET. you can also purchase your own ASET and learn to use it. To avoid the 'crushed ice' effect I would go with a vendor who specializes in cushions if you are shopping online or look at several if you are shopping locally.

another option is to get the Tiffany ring (or is this out of budget?) Is she OK with replicating?

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
A 2 ct ring with double halo is going to be considerably large!!! :)

SB621

Ideal_Rock
I second contacting Diamonds By Lauren for their double halo. I love wintotty's diamond ring and was going to link to it as well.

A 2ct with double halo on a size 3.5 finger is HUGE. Normally I don't think there is such a thing but just to make sure I would have your gf try on similar rings in that mm size to make sure that works for her. Regardless the ring will be lovely!

For cushions I would check out Engagement Rings Direct and Good Old Gold who specialize in cushion cut diamonds.

mark123

Rough_Rock
Do you know where you can purchase an ASET manchine? I had a quick look on amazon but could not find one. Do you know if it is expensive?

Tiffany only goes up to 1.56ct globally, so yes looking for a replication of the design.

thanks
Mark

mark123

Rough_Rock
Can anyone post any links to a 2ct double halo?

I am starting to worry that perhaps the ring will look too chunky

thanks
Mark

coop

Rough_Rock
Mark -

Looking for similar myself. Similar dilemma, too.
Seen v large colored diamond w/ double halos. Not white though.

Read that single can be more e ring looking. Thoughts anyone?

best
ed

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
A 2 ct cushion with a double-halo in platinum on a size 3.5 finger! The ring is going to be top heavy and have the potential to spin around. When you are getting a quote ask what the dimensions of the halo will be. If it is close to the width of the finger, the basket with have to extend straight up and you won't see much of the band.

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
coop|1317991228|3035254 said:
Thanks Swingirl. V nice of you to help.

If little band shows is small split shank still a good idea? like this?
http://au.tiffany.com/Engagement/item.aspx?GroupSku=GRP10060&selectedSku=27087973#f+

Best
ed

I wouldn't bother with details about the sides since they won't show. Unless it's really important to her to have the split shank, but it might be uncomfortable between her fingers, since that's where the shank is going to be if the 2 ct diamond and double halo more than cover her finger.

coop

Rough_Rock
Cheers Rubybeth. Nice of people to be so helpful.

Any suggestions for who to go to for this type of design?
Contacted Victor Canera - quote is big high. Appreciate hand forged, but still pretty pricey.

OP try VC if willing to pay - though great quality.

Best
ed

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
coop|1317998522|3035305 said:
Cheers Rubybeth. Nice of people to be so helpful.

Any suggestions for who to go to for this type of design?
Contacted Victor Canera - quote is big high. Appreciate hand forged, but still pretty pricey.

OP try VC if willing to pay - though great quality.

Best
ed

Coop, if you have specific questions about design or the stone itself, you should start your own thread in rockytalk. PSers will be very happy to help you and it will be less complicating then trying answer questions for both you and Mark on the same thread.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
coop|1317991228|3035254 said:
Thanks Swingirl. V nice of you to help.

If little band shows is small split shank still a good idea? like this?
http://au.tiffany.com/Engagement/item.aspx?GroupSku=GRP10060&selectedSku=27087973#f+

Best
ed
You might not see the band at all. Her finger is very tiny. What you are considering could make the stone and double halo face up about 1/2 in diameter. Look at your gf's ring finder and imagine how much coverage there will be. Is this the look you are aiming for?

The Tiffany photo is a 1.5 ct stone on probably a size 6 ring (most of their in-store samples are size 6).

GreenBling

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Mark

i just had a 2-ct yellow modern cushion set in a double halo and it is GORGEOUS! Needless to say, it was inspired by Tiffany's Soleste. What i did differently was slightly bigger white diamonds for the pave and thicker shank without the split.

My center stone is 7mm wide. With the double halo, it adds up to 14mm in width. It is HUGE so you are going to achieve a very dramatic effect. A slight issue for me, is that the ring looks very extravagant and I'm a bit hesitant to wear at work. But that's just me.

About the size. i am 5'8 with big hands. The 14mm-wide ring is just right for me - the ring is nearly as wide as my finger (ring finger) yet not covering it, i.e. i can still see flesh on both sides of the ring, which is exactly what i want.

You said your girlfriend has small ring size? You might want to find out what dimension design looks best on her before deciding how big you want the center stone and paves to be. I sketched the design on a piece of paper, colored the center yellow, cut it out then placed on my finger so I can visualize how it'd look on me.

BTW, what color center stone are you going to use?

Eva

GreenBling

Brilliant_Rock
mark123|1317664992|3032145 said:
Do you know where you can purchase an ASET manchine? I had a quick look on amazon but could not find one. Do you know if it is expensive?

Tiffany only goes up to 1.56ct globally, so yes looking for a replication of the design.

thanks
Mark

BTW, I tried on a 2.2 carat Tiffany Soleste so they DO have bigger ones, probably at selected stores.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I have a size 2.75 finger and tried on the Soleste at T&CO in NYC. I was told the diamond was 2ct and it did look around the same size as my eRing. Anyways, I found the ring too big and too overwhelming that it lost the simple, elegant and feminine touch I would want for an eRing.

My recommendation is to make a similar design with just one halo. The split shank will add enough interest. I would chose Leon Mege, Steven Kirsch or Victor Canera for this design. Leon made me my split shank ring and I love it. For the diamond, don't bother with the search engines - just contact GOG, ERD or Leon first. Also, take a look at the videos so you know what type of cushion you want.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results