• 6mm center stone = 10-11mm total halo

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • 6.5mm center stone = 11-12mm total halo

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mrslercatobe

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone! Just started in pricescope after reading so many informative boards, but I still need some help.
I'm a size 7 finger, fell in love with a double halo e-ring. It'll be custom made and I'd like your advice in regards to, what's a good diameter for a double halo on my size 7 fingers? 10-11mm or 11-12mm? The jeweler is asking me to decided between 6-6.5mm center stones. I also want your advice regarding the shank thickens, it's a single shank or band? And I'm not sure between 1.5-2mm, I'd like something delicate because I have relatively thin fingers and long. It will be a round pave setting too. The halos will have 1mm stones and he said that each halo will add around 2mm to the center stone.. Any advice?

And if you have any similar rings, I'd appreciate you posting them so that I can have an idea on what it looks, let me know your finger sizes and specs please :)

Thanks!!!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I asked questions about double halos before. I was previously a size 7.5-8, and now a size 6.5 so it's wonky. But you can refer to this: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/double-halo-q-what-size-center-stone-is-ok-iyo.205235/

I would not suggest either a 6 or 6.5mm center stone with such thick double halo to equal a total 10-12mm. It won't look proportionally okay. That's like 50-60% halo. Pay attention to proportions. I think that's the most important thing to designing halos.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
_675.jpg

And now on a size 6.5 finger.

img_8881.jpg

Double halo on a 6.5 finger. 10mm stone.

mrslercatobe

Rough_Rock
Hi Madelise, I really appreciate your info, I've read that link that you posted and makes a lot of sense. I've contacted another jeweler who is making beautiful halos handmade, and he mentioned what you'd said about a bigger stone, so we will be working on a 7mm center stone, ½ pointer halos making a total of 11mm. I'm attaching a pict with another paper ring with a 7mm stone and it really looks nicer! Your ring is lovely too! looks very delicate. Thank you so much!

_769.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results