shape
carat
color
clarity

Dormeuse earrings...decisions, decisions

Rosieblue

Rough_Rock
A few years ago, there was a thread from someone seeking a pair of dormeuse earrings and needing an opinion about a couple of pairs she'd located on Etsy. What set these apart from many dormeuse earrings was a simple bezel surrounding the stones instead of a buttercup style, making them a really good earring for everyday wear. I was searching for diamond studs at the time, so I found it merely educational. Now, though, I'd like to find a similar pair for myself--and I've run into just the sort of issue she did: the pairs I like the best are on Etsy, and like the original poster (MDS81686), I'm leery of purchasing from there rather than a PS-approved vendor. (I've looked at the listings in the Antique & Vintage Vendor List, but didn't find anything that really grabbed me). There are two pairs from one Etsy vendor that I'm considering, but I need someone to back me up.

This first pair is gold with silver bezel, and I'm not sure how I feel about silver and its upkeep:
https://www.etsy.com/listing/168525...k_sum=0f32e749&ref=shop_home_active_111&frs=1

The second pair is linear, which is a good shape for my face, and features a pearl instead of a diamond (my hair is silver white; pearls are nice):
https://www.etsy.com/listing/160798...ck_sum=11ab464b&ref=shop_home_active_32&frs=1

(I don't know how to do more than insert links to those Etsy sites. I hope that's all right.) The seller has good reviews and a decent return policy. There is another pair with a simple bezel that I like a lot, but is also silver so I said no.

Any advice?

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought I'd give your thread a bump but it looks like both pairs have been sold, did you go ahead and purchase one of them? I've never dealt with the seller but it looks legitimate. Come back with pics if you ended up buying something!

Rosieblue

Rough_Rock
I ended up with both of them! She was lovely to work with--answered some rudimentary questions I had about the upkeep for the silver, and said pearls are usually glued in and not as durable as diamonds for every day wear. I wan't really thinking of wearing either 24/7 or in the shower (I just don't do that). She noticed the price difference and said she could work with me on that. I was having a difficult time choosing between them, so I asked for her best price if I bought both. Her response was less than my original budget for one, so I decided why not get both of them! They've shipped this morning. (I did find the listing from a couple of years ago that had attracted me in the first place--my, those were beauties! The same seller, btw.)

dorcheuse diamond.jpg dorcheuse pearls.jpg icm_fullxfull.642736378_cm2p1jprs9kcw00o8kw4.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was wondering if you bought both lol! I like the way you think! It's great she worked with you on the price, they are both lovely. Please post pics when you get them!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results