shape
carat
color
clarity

Don't support the Erie County (NY) SPCA

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
My girlfriend is dating a guy who is allergic to cats, after they dated for a while he said oh you''ll have to get rid of the cats...she said sorry but they were here long before you, so you better start looking into allergy shots or else you won''t be seeing me anymore.

Well he takes shots now and they are close to getting engaged...
31.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
a gal''s gotta crack that whip nice and early!

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/23/2005 1:34:26 PM
Author: Mara
My girlfriend is dating a guy who is allergic to cats, after they dated for a while he said oh you''ll have to get rid of the cats...she said sorry but they were here long before you, so you better start looking into allergy shots or else you won''t be seeing me anymore.

Well he takes shots now and they are close to getting engaged...
31.gif
Ah yes, the things we''ll do for love!! As it should be!! My litmus test for whether or not a man was marriage material was how he treated animals and how he treated me as an animal lover. To me it spoke volumes as to what kind of father he would become.

Luckily, my husband sounds all annoyed and angry at the mess that our kitties make but he''s a big softy inside and loves them as much as I do. We have 2 wonderfully sweet kitties and spent 3 hours at our local shelter picking out just the right kitties for our family with three small children. I think too many people don''t spend the time to make sure that the pets they choose will be a good fit for their family or lifestyle. Then they get in the situation of having to figure out what to do with them when they don''t work out.

Kaili

Brilliant_Rock
FYI... I emailed the Los Angeles SPCA last night, and this is the response I received back:

"All SPCA''s are independent and there is no national SPCA. spcaLA does not euthanize adoptable animals. We have had cats that have been in our shelters for over a year and dogs that have been in our shelters for months. I hope that clears it up for you. Thanks. "

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
Kaili - That is good to know! So.. I guess the title should be don''t support the Erie County (NY) SPCA.. I''m still so angry about it though.
7.gif

Kaili

Brilliant_Rock
I feel the same way Melissa! I can''t even watch the animal cops show on Animal Planet because I''m a mess for the entire day after I do. Animal cruelty makes me sick to my stomach!
29.gif
29.gif

elepri

Brilliant_Rock
I had to give up my cat because of allergies. I''d never been allergic before, then suddenly, after having had the cat for a few months, I developed asthma. No shots, pills, air filters, nothing did a thing. Had I kept her, I probably would''ve ended up in a hospital. But it never even occurred to me to give the cat up to a kill shelter. It was a horrible few months when I couldn''t stay in my own apartment and had to stay with friends/parents until I found a good home for my cat, which I felt was my responsibility. So I''m finding it hard to feel bad for the guy who just gave up on his dog. It just doesn''t sound like he''d exhausted all the options - no-kill shelters, friends, rescue organizations, beagle breeders, foster homes, Craig''s list. Saying that he was so devastated by his divorce, he couldn''t think about his dog just sounds like he couldn''t be bothered. I''m sure he''s upset about how things turned out, and I do feel bad for him. I just hope he learns his lesson.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results