shape
carat
color
clarity

Don''t know what to do with this engagement ring!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

okrealtor

Rough_Rock
I got the engagement ring back from my ex-fiance and I don''t know what to do with it. All I know is that I am tired of seeing it. If anyone on here has a suggestion on how to be rid of it ASAP I would love to hear. Ring info...
1.21 carat princess cut center stone (H-I color, SI2 clarity) set in a 4 prong corner platinum head on a platinum band with 10 channel set diamonds along the side (5 on each side). Side diamonds are H in color and SI clarity and are approx. .06 carats each. All documents are available
...appraised for $10,000-$12,000...email me for pictures (should have them tomorrow). I''d love to hear any offers or trades. Thank you very much.
confused.gif

verticalhorizon

Brilliant_Rock
Well.. I'll be more than happy to take it off your hands for a shiny nickel... just b/c I realize how horrible you must feel with it in your possession.
2.gif

If that doesn't work for you (for some reason), you could have it made into a pin, or a pendant and use it as a present later on. You could donate it to a charity auction. You could simply sell it as is, and buy yourself the motorcycle you always wanted (oh wait, that's me).

Or look what this other poor gentleman did with his ring, when it was turned down.

I wonder what happened to Appreciative-of-Expertise?

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Have you tried the following: E-Bay, Estate Jewelers or consignment shops near you, newspaper ads, etc?

People here are very very big on cut, so the specifics you posted most likely won't be detailed enough. Most people will want to know depth, table, crown height, and several others tests to ensure that the stone has minimal leakage. This forum is full of people with very tough standards for buying a stone.

So I do suggest a consignment shop (shop around for better prices) as well as E-Bay, if possible, and the newspaper could fetch you a far better price. Try things like a local paper as well or Craig's List...? Good luck!!!

verticalhorizon

Brilliant_Rock
Craig's List is the best thing since the Internet!

Diamondsbybree

Brilliant_Rock
I would try consignment for your ring. Ebay lurkers are hoping to get a good deal when there shopping. You don't want to give the ring away.

Check some local reputable jewelers who would be willing to do it. Remember they do charge a small fee for there time.

Sounds like a beautiful ring, I am sorry it didn't work out for you.

verticalhorizon

Brilliant_Rock
I don't think eBay is a good way to move something like diamonds, but if you're looking to sell something with some value, you can set a reserve price... the lowest price you're willing to part with the object. If the auction doesn't meet that price, you don't have to sell.

Ready2wed

Rough_Rock
This may be off topic and a stupid question but..
what is "Craig's List" ?

LM, Sorry it did work out. Good luck with the ring sale.

21.gif

chialea

Brilliant_Rock
Craig's List is a huge (at least in the SF Bay Area -- there are local ones for other areas) list/website where people post jobs, things for sale, things they want to buy, dating ads, and some other really crazy things.

http://www.craigslist.org

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
VH...I LOVE bridezillas...but I tuned in a few weeks ago but it was last season's...
sad.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results