shape
carat
color
clarity

DoesTiffany have in house jewelers or outsource?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondheart

Rough_Rock
I was talking to a salesperson at a well known jewlery store. I was talking to her about the Tiffany classic setting and i told her many stores can''t reproduce the basket or prongs correctly. The diamond looks like they sit too high. She then told me she used to work at Tiffany''s and that Tiffanys doesn''t do their own settings anymore and they outsource it. She told me she new a setter who does work for Tiffanys (fixing prongs and etc) and could do the Tiffany classic if I wanted it. So this made me wonder if Tiffanys does their setting with jewelers in house or do they send them out to have done?

I ended up buying a SuperbCert Tiffany and I love it. I like the prong tips (teardrop) vs Tiffany''s (square). But this made me wonder if Tiffanys outsources their work, then maybe Superbcert''s setter may work for Tiffanys?

Just wondering if anyone had the answer?

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I believe there are some NYC firms that do work under licence for Tiffany.

I think they make most things inhouse in Perto Rico (spelling?) but are winding that factory down as they expand into India and Vietnam.

I hope someone else has more knowledge than me.

here in Australia they have poor to no service at all and often send things to a repair shop in NYC.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results