shape
carat
color
clarity

Does your tennis bracelet snag your clothes?

concun

Shiny_Rock
Dear tennis bracelet owners,
I have a half bezel tennis bracelet that I have no issue with snagging. However, my newly acquired 4 prongs drive me nuts. I wore it first time this weekend and it snags on my silk clothes very badly, all kinds of fuzz or even pulled thread. The sides of bracelet is the worst. Unfortunately most of my garments are silks or wool. Can you please let me know if this is a known issue of prong tennis bracelet and how to amend this? Otherwise, I will send it back to the vendor to fix it.
Thanks.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would say no, I have had absolutely no issue with any snagging on my bracelet, which I wear daily. I would suggest you send it back to the vendor to have all the claws checked over, as if they are slightly mis-positioned, they will snag. To be finding lint & cotton stuck to them would tell me that aren’t flush against the stones. It’s sloppy workmanship.

shelleydog

Shiny_Rock
I wear my 4-prong bracelet every day and have never had it snag on anything.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nope as I opted for full bezel.

DK :))

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Where did you get the tennis bracelet? Never heard of one snagging clothing. Are you within the return window?

concun

Shiny_Rock
It is a made to order piece so I am unsure if it can be returned. If it can, I did report issue within 5 days of receiving it and they will charge 15% stocking fee. I texted the vendor last night and waiting to hear back from them on the resolution. I don’t have a microscope but looking under my phone camera 2x lense, I can see lots of cuts on the outside of the prongs, which may explain why the side of bracelet causes more snags then the top.
I will refrain from naming the vendor till I progress further on this matter.
Anyway, thanks for confirming that there should not be an issue of snagging with prongs.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Never but I specifically didn't want snags so went with a half bezel.

concun

Shiny_Rock
The vendor texted back that the setter can push the prongs down as much as they can. I offered to send a piece of silk for them to test prior to sending back to me but they said no need to ;(. I should have sticked with half bezel but was looking for something different than what I already own and the full bezel is too much metal to me, argg…

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The vendor texted back that the setter can push the prongs down as much as they can. I offered to send a piece of silk for them to test prior to sending back to me but they said no need to ;(. I should have sticked with half bezel but was looking for something different than what I already own and the full bezel is too much metal to me, argg…

Many people have tennis bracelets set in prongs that do not catch on fabric - I would not be pleased with the workmanship. Hope they rectify it to your satisfaction.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results