shape
carat
color
clarity

Does your Rolex run slow? Solution

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rlbuntin

Rough_Rock
Folks, I''ve seen MANY post here and elsewhere from folks complaining of their Rolex watches running slow. Here''s the way to rectify the situation and the likely reason most people have slow-running Rolexes rather than fast-running Rolexes.

Per Rolex instruction sheet:

"If your watch loses or gains a few seconds per day (remember there are 86400 seconds in 24 hours!), you can correct it without expert aid. The rate of a watch varies slightly depending upon its position. Take it off at night and place it as follows:

1. To gain a few seconds: Lay the watch flat with the dial uppermost (pointing toward the ceiling).
2. To lose a few seconds: Lay the watch vertically (on its edge) with the winding button facing downwards.
3. To lose rather more seconds: Lay the watch vertically (on its edge) with the winding button uppermost (pointing toward the ceiling)."

Since I suspect most people leave their Rolex on its edge more often than than its back when it is at rest, the watch loses time overall, and thus runs slow. I hope this helps clear things up (and it works) and makes people more satisfied with their Rolexes.

Rob
35.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is interesting. Mine actually gains time so I am going to try suggestion #3 and see if it make a difference in the long term. Thanks for the tip!

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My Rolex is 22 years old and it has always gained about 2 minutes per month until recently - now it''s beginning to lose 2 minutes per month. I have always let it rest with the dial pointing towards the ceiling. I''ll make sure that it''s lying perfectly flat and see what that does.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Madam B, 2 mins/month is about what mine gains too. I usually let it go for a while because I don''t mind my watch being a few minutes fast (keeps me from being late!) but after a while I will look down and it wil be just TOO far forward and I will reset it.

Boy, the things you learn around here!

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Every Rolex has its own personality. They told me years ago that if the bracelet breaks they wouldn''t be able to replace it. Maybe that''s changed now.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Mine loses time. I''ll try fix number 1--though I''m not sure I get it
33.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/16/2007 7:23:08 PM
Author: risingsun
Mine loses time. I'll try fix number 1--though I'm not sure I get it
33.gif
Me too, and don't fully get #1?? I'll lay it flat, usually leave it on it's side.

flower12

Brilliant_Rock
very intresting topic! My Rolex is about 20 years old and it has always fast running about 6 second every per month.

Nicki

Shiny_Rock
My Rolex doesn''t run at all...got any solutions for that one?
29.gif

I''m a-scared to bring it in to find out what''s wrong. $$$$$$$$$$$$

Loreal

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the valuable info. I''m going to try following your instructions...I hate when my watch loses time!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results