shape
carat
color
clarity

Does wood enhance a diamond''s sparkle?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FlyfishermanMike

Rough_Rock
This sound a little odd and the person was probably pulling my leg but I was told that in a room with a lot of natural wood a diamond appears more lustrous with more sparkle to it. Can some on confirm this? It appears to be true with a little testing but I could be wrong. Why would this be true or is it just some sort of illusion?

^^ike

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
no?

in the exact same lighting.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can''t imagine in what context this may have come up.

Could it be that aside the darkish wall color the respective environment would also have some sort of candlelight illumination (like a bar would at night - small dispersed sources in overall low light). Something like that would make diamonds look quite fiery and flattering, unlike most other kind of materials used for jewelry (colors fade in very low light etc.). Relative dark walls may have some similar effect even if there is still decent light in the room.

Other than this, I can''t imagine what sort of mysterious affinity could be between wood panelling and diamonds (style?
5.gif
).

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
That odd.

My guess, the person telling you was probably in a wood room and their ring looked amazing. So they attributed it to the wood in the room when in fact it was the lghting conditions LOL.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If there turns out to be any truth to this whole "wood" thing I can think of a bunch of PSers who will be paneling every room in their house from top to bottom--me included!

(LOL -- just couldn''t resist!)

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I guess dark wood would make a bright white diamond stand out more, but as for sparkle, I would suspect it has more to do with the lighting situations than the wood.
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results