shape
carat
color
clarity

Does wearing two side bands help durability of thin pave band?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

naomi

Rough_Rock
The other day I had to have a jeweler straighten (to completely round) a slightly bent thin 18k pave band (with pear shape diamond center). Does wearing thin bands on both sides will protect a thin pave band from bending again?

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/24/2007 2:24:49 AM
Author:naomi
The other day I had to have a jeweler straighten (to completely round) a slightly bent thin 18k pave band (with pear shape diamond center). Does wearing thin bands on both sides will protect a thin pave band from bending again?
maybe if they''re soldered together.... ? I wanted a ring with two bands on the sides and rather than having 3 or soldering I just had one ring made with the appearance of 3 LOL I don''t know if the other bands will help, but they won''t help as much if they''re separate.

naomi

Rough_Rock
Thank you, Cehrabehra.

That makes me consider 2 side bands soldered together (bottom and around sides are connected with wires??) with a space (so that I can place the original ring into between from the top). Does anybody own bands like this? (or maybe appropriate only for color change purpose non-metal ring (ivory, coral, etc.)?)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results