shape
carat
color
clarity

Does VC take diamond trade-ups?

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a really top shelf RB F VS2 .95ct stone. Its proportions are perfect and it's the most beautifully cut stone I've ever owned (and I've owned stones cut by both BGD and GOG).

However, I'd like something a little larger for the ring I have in mind. Does anyone know if VC will ever accept a trade-up stone against one of the stones in his inventory?

Thanks in advance for your help!

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Ask him. I"m sure it will depend on the details of what you have and what you want. At the right price it's easy, but something tells me that's not what you're asking. I'm sure he'll be happy to discuss it with you.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
He has a trade up policy with his own stones but I don't know about other stones, it would probably depend upon the stone, email him and ask include any certificates and all the info about the stone, that is the only way to find out. Otherwise Loupetroop, DiamondBistro or Jewels by Grace might be other avenues to sell what you have and start again.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for getting back to me, denverappraiser and arkieb1.

I have all the paperwork for the stone and it really is a beautifully cut stone. A very popular, well-known jeweler on this site told me the other day that it was a perfectly cut stone - which confirmed what I've always thought; it really is the most beautifully cut stone I've ever owned, and I've owned a whole bunch.

I'm happy to take a cut in price - and expect to. But I'd like to be able to use it to some extent because I really want to go with VC on this project, which will be extra special for me. The stone is an F VS2 .95, and I'd like to go to a G VS2 or SI1 in the 1.25ct range. Obviously I'd still need to kick in a few more thousand, but it would be nice not to have to start from scratch.

I'll let you know if this eventuates as I hope - or even if it doesn't! Fingers crossed!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results