shape
carat
color
clarity

does timing matter?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondsearch

Rough_Rock
Hi,

sorry if I sound so ignorant. I am starting to search for a diamond in the 2 carat range.

Does diamond pricing flutuate depending on the time of the year? Would it make any difference at all in pricing if I wait until after the holidays and Valentine''s Day to make the purchase?

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!
2.gif

jjklayman

Rough_Rock
that is a great ? I was wondering about pricing as well I hope someone with experience answers.

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
The Buying question got asked back in October, I think. Not specific to 2 carat size. General comments from the Vendors were Now (October) through Valentine's day is the best time to buy. Vendors stock up before the holidays and have their largest inventories and best selection during this part of the year.

The 2+ carat market is a bit different than for smaller carat weight diamonds, so I'm not certain if the same rules apply. Hopefully a pro will step in and help with a market specific response.
1.gif

diamondsman

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I think now is the time to buy, as I posted in another thread there are rumors that larger stones, 2cts. and up will go up in price after the begining of the year.
Nothing is forsure(except ....and taxes).But we already starting to see firmer prices.
in my opinion get it now.

good luck

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results