shape
carat
color
clarity

Does this sound reasonable?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

JasonL

Rough_Rock
Found this diamond on Dirtcheapdiamonds.com. What do you guys think?

Laboratory: GIA
Carat Weight: 1.12
Color: E
Clarity: SI1
Shape: Princess
Depth: 73.9%
Table: 67%
Polish: VG
Symmetry: VG
Culet: N
Girdle: MD
Fluorescence: None
Measurements: 5.80x5.56x4.11

Price:$4441

Also what are the chances that the inclusions will be visable to the naked eye?

Thanks in advance.

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Looks quite good... Are you able to get a Sarin or OGI??
As for the inclusions, noone but the seller will be able to tell you how this stone looks. Probably you'll see a few specks in the table down position, as in most SI's... But I'm just guessing. Call the and ask for a description...
1.gif

JasonL

Rough_Rock
Where would I go to get one of those done? How much do they usually run?

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Eeewwww! Jason!! This one looks maaahhhvelous!!
love.gif

Cut Class 1A all the way! Avg PS vendor price is $5,280.

Definitely get Sarin info and an inclusion plot on this one. Once you review the inclusion plot, check with the vendor about the type of inclusions, ie, black carbon, white crystals, etc.

Get that info PRONTO! You may just have yourself THE KEEPER here!
wacko.gif

You posted while I was writing. Just call DCD. They'll get the Sarin for you. GIA runs Sarin on diamonds they Cert. DCD can get the Sarin Info and copy of the Cert with just a phone call.

Do I hear that phone dialing?????
appl.gif

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Wow PQ, you're being so positive about this stone!!!! Actually, it may be a great, great one!

A Sarin is usually performed at no cost to max $10...
As for the inclusions... I'm sorry to say that you need to have a description or a diamond's picture... A plot isn't that helpful, as it doesn't show color of inclusions, depth, reflections and feather are marked with a simple line, when usually they are more prominent.

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
I know, Giangi, I know.
nono.gif
LOLOL

It just looks sooooo great by the specs on paper. Hopefully the inclusions plot and Sarin will be as good. But, Jason won't know if someone else snatches it up first!
3.gif

JasonL

Rough_Rock
They say it is eye clean. Still waiting for the Sarin. Can you explain exactly what the Sarin is? There is a cloud in the middle and it looks like a few pinpoints in the middle.

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
PQ... Don't worry! I wish everyone were as happy as you in this world!!!!!!!
1.gif
2.gif

JasonL

Rough_Rock
Addition to question above. I wanted to see if there is any truth to this. I was told by a jeweler that when a diamond is dirty (oil from hands) that inclusions looking through the table become more apparent. Any truth to that or was he just trying to make me go higher in clarity?

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
A Sarin is a machine that takes measurements of diamond. So, you will be able to get info, such as crown and pavilion angles, that aren't on the GIA cert.

Inclusions more apparent with a dirty diamond? I dunno; I've never heard of that but it doesn't make much sense to me. It will make the stone more dull, just due to the oils, but make the inclusions stand out?

If I have a chip in a windshield, will a dirty windshield make it stand out more or a clean one? I suspect the latter.

JasonL

Rough_Rock
I agree with you. Didn't make much sense to me either. Just curious if anyone else had heard this in their travels.

JasonL

Rough_Rock
Contacted dirt cheap. They said they didn't have a Sarin machine so they didn't have a report. I think I am going to go ahead and get it. If I'm not happy I can always send it back.

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
The cloud may be visible to the naked eye, maybe not. If there are only a few pinpoints, the cloud may be the reason for the SI1 grade. This might be worth having a pro/appraiser take a look at for you. The price is really really fantastic!

About the pinpoints,.... If it's a comment and not dots on the plot, probably nothing to worry about there. If they are dots, then you want to know what color they are.

All DCD has to do to get the Sarin info is contact the broker who will call GIA. The owner of the diamond can get the Sarin info. Once you have that, the experts can give you a much better perspective.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results