shape
carat
color
clarity

Does this sound good? Please help.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

newshopper

Rough_Rock
I am new to this site. What do you think about this one?

Laboratory: GIA
Carat Weight: 1.35
Color: J
Clarity: VS2
Shape: Round
Depth: 61.4%
Table: 57%
Polish: VG
Symmetry: EX
Culet: N
Girdle: M
Fluorescence: Faint
Measurements: 7.10x7.13x4.37

Thanks for any responses!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi newshopper and welcome to PS
35.gif
So far so good. Can you give us the crown and pavillion angles???

newshopper

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the response. i do not have that information yet but will get it soon.

newshopper

Rough_Rock
I am a bit concerned about the J. This will be set in yellow gold. What do you think?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A J should be fine, especially set in yellow gold will make the diamond look whiter. No worries, lots of fab J''s out there.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/13/2005 9:05:12 AM
Author: newshopper
I am a bit concerned about the J. This will be set in yellow gold. What do you think?
Hi Newshopper, welcome to Pricescope! Well, speaking selfishly of course, I believe that J''s can be set in yellow gold and look just as great as any other setting. My J is set in yellow gold. It is however, set in a white gold head, as are the side stones. I personally think it looks better with the white gold head but it''s all in what you like. Go with what makes you happy and good luck on your stone and ring shopping!

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
I had a non-certed stone of my grandmother''s set in platinum that was appraised as J/K. When I reset it into yellow gold, it was appraised as G/H. It''s never been graded loose so I don''t know the actual color, but that tells me that it was certainly facing up whiter set in yellow gold.

By the way, even in the platinum I didn''t notice any tint.

newshopper

Rough_Rock
Once I get the the crown and pavillion angles, should I enter the numbers into the Holloway Cut Adivisor? Thanks for any suggestions.

Gemcorp

Rough_Rock
Howdo newshopper!

I am of the belief that "J" often gets a bad rap due to the fact that for years before grading reports were norm that much lower colors were often sold as "J". J still falls in the "near colorless" range meaning that a normal "eye" will not see color without something to compare it to. Be cautious if mounting it with other diamonds that may be whiter.

Steve

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/14/2005 1:15:44 PM
Author: newshopper
Once I get the the crown and pavillion angles, should I enter the numbers into the Holloway Cut Adivisor? Thanks for any suggestions.
yes. hca rules out poor performers, so run it though and see what you''ve got
2.gif

newshopper

Rough_Rock
Thanks very much for the comments.
I am planning on a yellow gold solitaire setting for this stone--but plan to wear it with my current wedding band that has 9 small diamonds (total 1/4 carat). I do not remember the color of these stones--hopefully this will look OK. The band is yellow gold and has a gold bar between each diamond like this: lOlOlOlOlOlOlOlOlOl

newshopper

Rough_Rock
I just received additional information:
crown angle 35.3
pavillionangle 40.9

and now the girdle thickness on the sarin report indicates that it is slightly thick.

The HCA score on this is 2.7.

Keep looking?

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
you can certainly do better than 2.7. i would keep looking

newshopper

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results