shape
carat
color
clarity

Does this setting bury my diamond?

Would a mrb look odd in this setting?

• A. Yes. It’s best for old cuts.

Votes: 33 62.3%
  • B. No. It’s a classic and timeless style.

Votes: 12 22.6%
  • C. No for other reasons.

Votes: 8 15.1%

• Total voters

stonehunter20

Shiny_Rock
the setting makes the diamond look more squareish. it's a very personal choice. personally i would not go for this setting... also, not sure if those square corners would affect the stone's performance. just my two cents.

@nala completely out of left field suggestion but I saw this ring on Lang’s Instagram page and I wonder if you would like something like this for your stone? It has that deco look going on, very bold and different! I love the square baguette halo for a round center stone! Though I would have the halo touch your stone at the tangents since it’s so big.

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This style is very appealing to me.
This setting will change the visual shape of your diamond. Hopefully, your jeweler can modify the prongs to be less overwhelming, if you want to keep the round shape of your stone.
In a setting like this, it’s not about the diamond, per se; it’s about the artistry, design, and statement the piece makes. The diamond becomes part of the architecture, like a new building and the glass windows.
At least, this is how I interpret pieces like this. It all flows together to make a statement.
If you want a setting that allows your stone to be the center of attention, this setting will not do that.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Those look like worn/modified fishtail prongs which will be very secure once worked on.
I actually really like this setting.
I personally like the juxtaposition of a mrb in an antique setting. It is truly unique.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This setting will change the visual shape of your diamond. Hopefully, your jeweler can modify the prongs to be less overwhelming, if you want to keep the round shape of your stone.
In a setting like this, it’s not about the diamond, per se; it’s about the artistry, design, and statement the piece makes. The diamond becomes part of the architecture, like a new building and the glass windows.
At least, this is how I interpret pieces like this. It all flows together to make a statement.
If you want a setting that allows your stone to be the center of attention, this setting will not do that.

Can I just say that I love this description! And that you captured in your words the look that i am after which Is probably why I tend to find myself so dissatisfied with solitaires on my finger! While I realize that my stone may not be centerstage, as you say, I think that the trade off will be worth it because I don’t just want a ring that holds a stone —I want a statement ring!

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can I just say that I love this description! And that you captured in your words the look that i am after which Is probably why I tend to find myself so dissatisfied with solitaires on my finger! While I realize that my stone may not be centerstage, as you say, I think that the trade off will be worth it because I don’t just want a ring that holds a stone —I want a statement ring!

This is a statement ring. Most def a conversation starter.
The diamond will not be the main event, but rather, incorporated into the design. ♥️

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
I personally find the prongs to be too large for the diamond size/structure but I love the body of the setting!
It's really up to what you personally want and love but since you asked & created this thread I'd say there's some uncertainty there.

Maybe you could work with a very skilled jeweler whom could re-fabricate the prongs & engrave them so they're not too basic for you. But that might be too much work. Dk is amazing & I think the process would go very smoothly for you!

Whatever you choose, good luck!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Perfectly said! :clap: Over the years I have wandered back and forth with solitaires but always prefer the whole ‘statement’ piece too!
@nala perhaps you have found your happy place!!
ETA @nala I love fishtail prongs! They will change the round shape of the diamond. But also add oomph to the size.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah fantastic! Your jeweller has reshaped and fitted those prongs perfectly to your stone! In the first pic, the prongs were too square and make the stone in the middle look smaller. They were also messy and blobby. By making them distinct prongs and siting them so your diamond curves between them, you’ve got a lovely cushiony shape and the diamond is shown off instead of being closed in.

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Ooooo, much much nicer!

mwilliamanderson

Brilliant_Rock
Wow :kiss2: that setting looks amazing now! Removing the wedding band really simplified the look. I love it and your diamond looks great in it.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@nala, it looks beautiful! Your jeweler did a wonderful job with the prongs. The profile of the setting is gorgeous too. Stunning diamond and setting!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
What a stunning diamond and setting! Very beautiful!

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks fantastic!!! Not too square, not too round! They did a great jobs trimming the prongs. :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2:

mwilliamanderson

Brilliant_Rock
Came back to look again lol. Your diamond picks up the most beautiful blue and violet tones in every picture! I would just want the stone turned the slightest bit so that an arrow points to 12 and 6, or the center of the space between two arrows aligned in that way.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Came back to look again lol. Your diamond picks up the most beautiful blue and violet tones in every picture! I would just want the stone turned the slightest bit so that an arrow points to 12 and 6, or the center of the space between two arrows aligned in that way.

I don’t know if you are familiar with the colors of the iPhone. This is an 11 and it’s lilac—that’s why you see violet! But I was also wearing a magenta colored top. This stone reflects ever single color!
As to the arrows—I wish I would have specified that to my bench! I’m gonna try not to obsess over it now bc I don’t want him to have to mess with the prongs and resetting!

Last edited:

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Nala, looks amazing. Your jeweller is a keeper. :appl:

Q

Queenie60

Beautiful. Enjoy Nala - well deserved.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks to all of you for your lovely compliments! I thought I would update this thread the most recent pic! 90AA6A1A-B547-442F-80D5-0E44BF03719C.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results