shape
carat
color
clarity

Does this seem like a good deal

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

brendanstl

Rough_Rock
Can anyone tell me if this is a good deal. I'm new to picking out diamonds online and not really sure if I'm going to get a fiery diamond without seeing it in person and just looking at stats and pictures online. Price of the diamond is 1,300

Carat weight: 0.70
Cut: Premium
Color: I
Clarity: SI1
Certificate: GIA

Depth: 73.2%
Table: 75.0%
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
Girdle: Slightly thick to very thick
Culet: None
Fluorescence: Negligible
Measurements: 4.84*4.77*3.49

17507851PIC.JPG

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
That inclusion in the middle is kind of ugly, have you confirmed it''s eyeclean?

It looks like it might be nice, but it''s hard to tell without an IS or ASET image. Can you get either one of those? That will really show whether there is good light return or not.

brendanstl

Rough_Rock
Heres another one I was looking at. The price on this one is 1,200. I have a budget to stick to and I'm looking for the best way to spend it and get something good. Maybe I'm searching for too big of a diamond for my price range?

Shape: Princess
Carat weight: 0.70
Cut: Premium
Color: I
Clarity: VS2
Certificate: GIA

Depth: 72.4%
Table: 73.0%
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Very Good
Girdle: Slightly thick to thick
Culet: None
Fluorescence: Negligible
Measurements: 4.80*4.79*3.47

17124976PIC.JPG

brendanstl

Rough_Rock
neatfreak, I dont think I can get an IS or an ASET pic for these diamonds. These are coming from James Allen Jewelers which I found through the website here. I would assume that they are pretty reputable.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I resized them for easier viewing. Just on the pics alone, I like 1 better, if eyeclean of course.

17507851PIC01.jpg

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock

17124976PIC02.jpg

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/31/2009 12:02:58 PM
Author: brendanstl
neatfreak, I dont think I can get an IS or an ASET pic for these diamonds. These are coming from James Allen Jewelers which I found through the website here. I would assume that they are pretty reputable.

James Allen will give you IS images if you ask. And just FYI, just because a vendor is reputable here doesn't mean that they don't stock some crappy diamonds. JA certainly has nice ones too, but they have their fair share of bad ones IMO.

And I agree with Ellen, based solely on the pictures here I prefer the first one. But make sure to ask if it's eyeclean, otherwise your eye might be drawn right away to that inclusion in the center.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/31/2009 12:25:35 PM
Author: neatfreak

Date: 1/31/2009 12:02:58 PM
Author: brendanstl

James Allen will give you IS images if you ask. And just FYI, just because a vendor is reputable here doesn't mean that they don't stock some crappy diamonds. JA certainly has nice ones too, but they have their fair share of bad ones IMO.

And I agree with Ellen, based solely on the pictures here I prefer the first one. But make sure to ask if it's eyeclean, otherwise your eye might be drawn right away to that inclusion in the center.
Agreed.

In case that doesn't work out, or you want an option with more info, here's a couple. This would get a 5% PS discount off the listed price. (not sure if your budget allows this)

Need to check on eyecleanliness!

http://www.whiteflash.com/aca_princess/Whiteflash-ACA-Princess-cut-diamond-912077.htm#

And bankwire is discount on this one.

http://goodoldgold.com/diamond/3748/

brendanstl

Rough_Rock
You guys are great!!!! I''ll check with JA to see if I can get those pics. I was leaning towards the first as well and just needed a second opinion. I will ask if it''s eye clean as well and if not I will search for another.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Definitely like the first one best if verified eyeclean, an IS would help as the other ladies have suggested.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results