shape
carat
color
clarity

Does this require a CAD and how much should I expect to pay?

Scooba116

Shiny_Rock
I am working with a vendor who has a good reputation here to get a diamond solitaire pendant. I asked for a setting like the one pictured and for prices in 18k wg and plat. The prices seemed high to me especially considering the prices for ready made pendants (which are the kind that move along the chain and have a chain that is 2” longer than I requested) on their website. They explained that the extra cost was due to needing cad models and the extra metal needed to accommodate my stone, which is .8-.9mm bigger than the ready made necklaces I referred to.

To give an example, they offer a .7 carat stone in an 18k 18” setting for $520. they have quoted me a few hundred more than that for just the basket and shorter chain in 18k. IMG_5814.jpeg

I’m not buying that the extra metal in the basket is a big deal, especially considering I want a shorter chain and that there is a metal piece on their to accommodate the drop from the chain.

So how much should a cad model cost? Should a cad be required for this setting? How much should I expect to pay for a basket and 16” chain like this in 18k or plat?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Huh? That makes no sense, and the CAD should be free (some vendors charge like $50 for the CAD just in case someone doesn't go through w the project. But it's a deposit towards the overall cost). David Klass could do this easily and doesn't charge for CADs

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results