shape
carat
color
clarity

Does this makeup look ok?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Miss Andi

Rough_Rock
I need some help/advice.

I would like to know honestly if this makeup looks ok. If it doesnt or does is there anything you would do differently or any suggestions on what i could change to make it look better.

even smaller pic.jpg

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
To me the lips are too red and heavy. I like the eyes, and would do a lighter lip, or more of a stain in a berry tone. I assume this is for your wedding? I love makeup and know quite a bit about it from just a consumer standpoint, and that is my totally honest opinion since I assume this is what you want!

zekele

Rough_Rock
You look gorgeous :). Agree with the previous poster, maybe a somewhat lighter lip color with a bit more gloss? When is your wedding, and what are your wedding colors? Have you seen msflutter''s wedding pics? If you are going with red then the lipstick goes perfectly with your palette :)

Cheekyprincess

Shiny_Rock
Agree the red is too harsh for you (it is difficult to carry off for most people). I would go heavier on the mascara- maybe curl the lashes a bit as well. Did you use blush? a little bit might warm your skin tone as well.

jorman

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with the other posters that the lipstick is too heavy. I would go for a more neutral lip and glam those pretty eyes of your up more! :)

Good luck!

budgetbride

Shiny_Rock
honestly the lips don''t bother me as much. Becareful with gloss...too much will make you look shiny for the camera. I do think a bit of professional arching and then shading in will give your brows the look you are going for...i like the color you used to shade. Did you use something on your cheeks? if you did it gave you a nice rosy shade...if not, stick with your natural look.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am not suggesting a glossy glossy look, just a stain that is soft looking, punch up the eyes a bit with the smoky stuff, more mascara, a bit of color on cheeks...there are so many great berry toned lip stains, or sheers, that give a bit of color without looking heavy...

BUT overall I think you look great, just giving my .02...

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks very pretty to me!! I actually really love the red lipstick, it will look nice in pictures. I love that you didn''t overdo it on face makeup, but I would consider bringing some powder with you the day of to keep the greese away as the day/night goes on.

Miss Andi

Rough_Rock
Thankyou so much for the help. i agree that the lippy is a bit off and i desperately need my eyebrows done. i think i might invest in a lipstick with less red and more pinky tone to trial and see what happens. i tried the red because i have a very old style outfit. i will try again and repost next week. thanks so much for your replies.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Andi, I like the tone, just lighter and sheerer...

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You're an all-around natural beauty, and that's especially true of your eyes! Your dress is high glamour, so you'll need to go for and all-out glamour look: play up the eyes, tone down the freckles, have the eybrows done to accentuate your eyes (but be careful not to overdo the arch; keep them natural-looking). And I agree that a sheerer and/or lighter lipstick is in order.

Miss Andi

Rough_Rock
Again thankyou so much. MINIMS - thanks for checking out my dress. high glamour is the look im trying for so im very greatfull for the suggestions. im going to see a napolean or mac consultant to get a better foundation, hopefully i can find a great lip stain too.

Miss Andi

Rough_Rock
I checked out Msflutters pics i see what you mean not only are they great pics but she had that glamorous eye makeup and rosy lips happening.

aquarius_ser

Shiny_Rock
You should definitely bring out your GORGEOUS big eyes! Curl your lashes and get the MASCARA ready, girl! (Put a little heat to your curler first with the hairdryer). I''d also go with a thin line (dark brown or black eyeliner) on the top of your lash line (as close to your lash line that you can get).

I think you''d look totally glamorous then!

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
I think you need more mascara and curled eyelashes. I've always been told that you should emphasize your eyes OR your lips and to me they look balanced right now...so choose one and go with it. I'd choose your eyes. Get your eyebrows arched, use a highlighting eyeshadow on your browbone and in the tear duct area and curl lashes then add more mascara. For the lips, the advice on slightly toned down and a bit more sheer seems right on.

I'd also like to see you wearing the color of your dress rather than a red sweatshirt to get a better idea what the makeup will look like with your dress.

Good luck. Let's see the next round of pictures!

aquarius_ser

Shiny_Rock
Ok, I had to go back and look at the lipstick again since everyone was referring to it.... I agree, for your fair skin tone, it''s not the right color. Maybe a too much of an orange tone? How about trying a lighter mauve?

And yes, you are supposed to pick one feature out and highlight it. However, since it''s your wedding and you''ll be taking pics, you may need a little color on your lips.

Let''s see another go around! This is fun!

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
You look great, but I would emphasize your eyes...curl the lashes and try experimenting with different shadows and liners. I feel the lipstick is too red. Try to look for a berry color. No matter what make-up you decide you will look gorgeous. Look for pictures of people with a similar skin tone to yours when looking for make-up pics.
1.gif

tiffanytwisted

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with the others re bringing out your eyes more. I also wonder if the red sweatshirt made your lips stand out a little more in that particular photo and if you were in your wedding dress maybe the red wouldn''t look so dramatic? Just a thought.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
You have absolutely gorgeous brown eyes! I think they''re perfect as are. To me, they don''t need anymore than you''ve already done.

As for your lips, I agree it''s a bit too strong. I don''t wear lip stick, but if I did, I''d follow something I read that said to use a shade close to your blush, so it looks natural.

It has been said, and I agree, that the art of wearing makeup, is to look like you aren''t. That''s the philosophy I follow.

You are such a natural beauty, I really don''t think you need much.
2.gif

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
I have to agree with what most people have already said. You look great--I would just soften the lips a little and focus on the eyes and lashes. You look radiant but you definitely want to accentuate your eyes because they will really look great in the photos. Just curl those lashes and pile on the mascara. I don''t think you need them but you can always add a few fake lashes if you feel you need to. But I think you look fabulous!

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I think it looks great - I would soften the lip colour a bit and touch up the brows. You could get some of those semi-permanent eyelashes put on. Then you don''t have to worry about the scary caterpillar fake thing.

By the way, FI just leant over and said you looked very pretty. He doesn''t do that often I can tell you!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You''re gorgeous! I love, LOVE the eye makeup! Very soft and romantic and best of all -- natural!!! I agree with Pandora: you may want to go in for some brow shaping. There are salons that specialize in tweezing and trimming the brows by hand. I find that gives you a much more natural yet polished look than just waxing, which can turn out harsh-looking.

You have beautiful lashes but if you want to up the drama factor, try asking a makeup artist to glue on a few individual eyelashes towards the eyes'' outer edge for you. It''s VERY natural-looking.

I agree that the lip color is too strong. With your coloring, I''d go for less orangey and more brown. Like a rosey, pinky-brown. Paired with a soft pink blush, you will be a knock-out!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I actually like it just the way it is. Your eyes are big and gorgeous and the makeup works with them. At first I thought the red was dark but I really like it...and remember, it has to show up in pictures. When you''re wearing subtle makeup....in pictures you look like you never bothered to put any on...I''ve found.

Miss Andi

Rough_Rock
Hello again thanks for all your advice.
im just retrying with thicker eyeliner and different lippy. i still have to do my eyebrows and get a decent foundation but excusing that which lippy the red pink or berry pink.
ill be wearing gold. and do you think the eyes look better heavier?
thanks

smaller berry lippy.jpg

Miss Andi

Rough_Rock
this is the pink lippy

smaller pink lippy.jpg

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
You look great, I love both of the new lip options- I think I like the 1st of the 2nd 2 looks best- but I have a question for you- does your foundation/powder have SPF in it?
I think your face could look more glow-y/dewy.

Even though I am psycho about wearing moisturizer and/or make-up w/ SPF in it everything I read and my make-up person told me that wearing sunscreen/sunblock isn''t good for pictures because it can look chalky and the flash can bounce off of it. Also certain ingredients in make-up that don''t have SPF can do the same thing- like mica.

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/10/2007 11:11:07 PM
Author: dtnyc
You look great, I love both of the new lip options- I think I like the 1st of the 2nd 2 looks best- but I have a question for you- does your foundation/powder have SPF in it?

I think your face could look more glow-y/dewy.

Even though I am psycho about wearing moisturizer and/or make-up w/ SPF in it everything I read and my make-up person told me that wearing sunscreen/sunblock isn''t good for pictures because it can look chalky and the flash can bounce off of it. Also certain ingredients in make-up that don''t have SPF can do the same thing- like mica.

Sorry, this is off-topic, but I''m having an outdoor ceremony and I burn within half an hour. Do you know of anything that I can wear to protect my skin that wouldn''t make it look chalky in photos?

I like both of the new looks. I''m having a really hard time making up a decision about the first one, though, and I think a lot of it is because of the red hoodie. I''m assuming that you''re wearing white/ivory for your wedding, and I think that would change the look of it a lot.

Scooba

Shiny_Rock
I still feel like the lips are too strong in the new options, JMO, and maybe line your bottom lash line a bit more?

ETA: I really felt the lips were too strong in the first one, but now out of these 3 options I like the first lips the best, maybe that color is good but in like a semi gloss stick

Cheekyprincess

Shiny_Rock
I will try to sound constructive- Please don''t be offended.

Your brows could really do with some brow pencil to make them darker- this will also draw attention to your eyes (which are totally beautiful) Your brows also seem to be tweezed a little too much in between- the edge of your brow should line up with the corner of your eye- again brow pencil would help. Don''t be afraid to use mascara- you need a lot and I think some more on your bottom lashes would help. The shading on your eyes in the new makeovers is pretty. I am still not sold on any of the lippies. Your complexion is quite pink- do you use a loose powder over your foundation? are you using a liquid foundation? You might just be flushed though so nothing to worry about.

bae7

Shiny_Rock
I RARELY chime in on these sort of things - but I think you look beautiful in the last two shots. I especially like these lip colors better, perhaps the last one the best.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results