shape
carat
color
clarity

Does this makeup look ok?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock

Miss Andi -

I am the "go-to girl" for make-up amongst my group of friends. In fact, when one of my best friends got married she had a professional come in to do her make-up and ended up asking me to fix a few areas after her make-up was applied. She actually has the same complexion, hair and eye color you do - the make-up artist applied a dark red lip on her (like your first picture) and I toned it down for her by making it a lighter pink.

The pink you are using seems more like a hot pink and in a way, gives the same look as the dark red lipstick. It''s too much. I''ve learned that you when you apply make-up, you either want to draw attention to your lips or your eyes - not both! If you are going to do a darker eye, then you have to lighten your lips. In the end, my friend had a darker eye (including fake lashes) and a mauve lip. I think that''s the direction you need to go if you are keeping the darker eye. Perhaps even a plum color like Nars'' Tanganyka (sheer neutral plum brown).

Anyway, I think you have the idea and I definitely like eye shadows you used. I also agree with Cheekyprincess that you should have mascara on your bottom lashes. FInally, to give you a glow on your wedding day, you should try Nars'' The Multiple which is like a multi-purpose makeup stick - I use the Copacabana (glistening pearl) and I LOVE it! You just need to dab a little on your cheekbones and it adds the prettiest glow!
5.gif

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
i think some foundation to even out your skin tone as well as blush to highlight cheekbones and bring out the eyes would look great. less focus on lips, maybe a less bright color pink, and more of a neutral pink/gloss. the lipstick should even out the look and at a touch of color (and balance out the face/blush), not be the sole focus. Go for the soft, romantic look. just my opinion!

aquarius_ser

Shiny_Rock
OK, I''m still not sold.... but we''ll get there. Honest opinion here, just trying to help. I love makeup and have done bridal makeup before.

I''m still looking for curled lashes and mascara! Where are they? Did you put heat to your curler and then curl them? You might need to buy different mascara, lenghtening + thickening. Someone mentioned fake eyelashes previously which is not a bad idea. (I''m doing this for my wedding day) They take a little practice though, that''s up to you. This is your wedding day, you need to go heavier than usual, especially if your wedding is in the evening. Again, your eyes are gorgeous, you should play them up!

Lipstick - too dark and too hot pink, try to find a LIGHT mauve.

Foundation - doesn''t seem right either. You might want to go to a dept store where you can sample before you buy, ie, Macy''s, etc.

aquarius_ser

Shiny_Rock
Also... I agree that you should play around with your lower lashes and lash line. A very thin line on below your eye and light mascara on the lower lashes (can get tricky, just play around).... you can also wash off and try again.

Let''s see another pic after testing all this out...
36.gif

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Andi! I think you look great--you did a fantastic job on your eyes!!!

I like the last (3rd) look best, although I would probably use a slant tip eyeliner brush and line the bottom lashline (just under the lashes, not inside like with pencil) with the same color as the darker shadow that you're using. That way it won't look harsh b/c often if you use a liner to line under your eyes they'll end up looking smaller when the goal is usually to look bigger.

And, this is just my opinion, but I am just not a fan of lipstick in general, I don't like matte lips--have you checked out MAC's collection of lip glasses? They make lots of different shades that last a long time and aren't too too shiny and they'll leave you looking more dewey than dry. I also think gloss will wear off over time much more evenly than lipstick will and is easier to reapply on the run.

MAC also makes lip laquers which are alot less shiny but still moisturizing/wear off evenly and are not totally matte.

Just a couple suggestions!

Miss Andi

Rough_Rock
Yeah im thinking i still need to do more for the lashes and i have to regrow my eyebrows.
The place i was getting them done at took to much off and im trying to grow them back which is why they look atrocious.
i intend to get a camera finish foundation and powder to avoid shine and chalky finish in photos and i think i will go the berry colour lips but im going to get a sheerer and glossier version and a fraction more pink.
i agree i need to do something about my lashes i heated and curled them and put two layers of mascara but my lashes are quite short so am intending to learn how to do falsies.
has anyone used them how do you put them on yourself and do you do that at the end just before mascara on your real lashes or after? im also thinking of using a curling mascara to help hold my normal lashes up as they are quite straight.
i used a slant brush under my lower lashes but am worried about going to dark under the eye. (im prone to tearing up when emotional)
i was quite hot in the photo which is why i look at little red, but ive been told a good qualitiy foundation will help to keep me looking less red on the day.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
what about a sheer ruby red type color, a bit of gloss but not too shiny...I think that would be so pretty with the smoky dark eye...

Liquiddazi

Shiny_Rock
I really like the last photo! :)

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
For your lips I would recc''d Benetint. It''s a lip stain and it won''t wear off- it''s sheer, so it works w/ most skin tones and if you want gloss you can just put it on top.

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
You are so pretty and I''m sure you will look great on your wedding day!

I would place the emphasis on your eyes and stay away from a darker red or pink lip colour. Something more neutral with a hint of colour would work better for you imo.

Good luck and best wishes to you and your FI.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think too much on eyes and lips might look funky, BUT, also, please think about your photos... while I LOVE smoky eyes and pale lips, I worry it might look really extreme and goth in certain photos...like you have a black eye and no mouth. Photos magnify things...I have lately been wearing a very smoky (blackish grey) eye with a very neutral lip...it looks great in person but in one or two photos it looked like crud...I stopped wearing heavy red lips and light eyes because the red, even though I have no wrinkles I can see around my mouth, was bleeding, no matter what I did, and the pale eyes washed me out in pictures and I looked tired...cannot win for losing I guess. I would just try to take some photos in similar lighting to the wedding site, and remember black and white photos are going to come across differently...if you are doing any. Bottom line, you are lovely, so I am sure you will hit upon the right combo...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results