shape
carat
color
clarity

Does this look more like a wedding ring or RHR?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jellybean

Brilliant_Rock
No...this is not for me!

My aunt is looking to set her original e-ring diamond into a setting similar to this. She is afraid it looks more like a RHR than a wedding band, although at the store it was displayed with the e-rings.

Her diamond is appox. 0.75ct rb. The setting would be made to fit her diamond. She would not wear a band with it - she wants a stand alone ring.

So opinions please....too RHR-ish? I say it looks like a wedding ring to me, but what do I know.
2.gif

Incidentally, she really likes this setting b/c it reminds her of her mom''s (my grandma''s) wedding ring.

Thanks!

simon_g_band.jpg

IrishEyes

Brilliant_Rock
Gottleib-sons huh?! Yup, I spend some time on that website!!
2.gif

To answer your question, no I don''t think it looks RHR. I think it would make a lovely wedding band! Tell her to go for it!!
36.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
definitely wedding ring

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I say go for it. It looks like a great ring for a combonation of ering and wedding band.
36.gif

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
IMO, it looks like an e-ring. Its lovely. Definitely go for it!
9.gif

TIFFANYDIAMONDSLTD

Shiny_Rock
Clearly a left hand ring- I did the same thing- I got a really wide semi - mount and just wore it as an e-ring and a wedding band combo and actually really liked it. but in my opinion, that dosen''t look like a RHR at all.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
It looks like a wedding ring to me. I love it!

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Definitely a e-ring. Beautiful setting too.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks like an ering to me, love that setting!!!!

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
i also vote for the ering and not-so-much the RHR..

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree, an e-ring and not a RHR!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
another e-ring vote here. anytime I see a solitaire that is the main focus I think e-ring. I just wouln''t wear a solitaire looking ring on my right hand no matter how elabrate the setting, if that makes sense.

jellybean

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone! I will pass along the opinions.

The setting my aunt looked at was almost identical to this but it didn''t have any baguettes.

My grandma had her e-ring and wedding band combined into one ring in either the late 1940''s or early 1950''s. Her 0.5ct round was in the center and the small diamonds in her wedding band were bead set all around the edges of a wide band, forming a rectangle around the center stone. The whole band was around 6 or 7 mm wide. I''m not explaining it very well and my mom won''t bring it over for me to take a picture. Next time I''m at her house I''ll have to bring my camera.

Grandma said she didn''t like the feeling of wearing two rings so that''s why she had it made into one ring. My gram''s ring didn''t look like a RHR at all; my aunt was afraid the one she likes does b/c one of her friends said it looked like a RHR.

My aunt misses her mom so much. So do I. I think this will be a nice daily reminder of her.
2.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Wedding ring! What a pretty setting!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results