shape
carat
color
clarity

Does this look like an authentic Tiffany etoile?

M

MillieLou

Apologies if this sort of post is not allowed - mods please remove if so!

I've always wanted a small Tiffany etoile solitaire and have seen this one. I'd be able to get it for £800 (1061 USD). It's a real jeweller who appears to have been around for a while and has 100% positive feedback with lots of sales.

However, the finish eg around the inner bezel hole and the edges of the half bezel look a bit untidy - but that could just be due to the extreme level of magnification? Also not sure why it has two T&Co stamps, is that normal?

Any thoughts welcome!

(If the link doesn't work, it's eBay item no 224486858007)

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My 5 cents.
If you look at the other examples of the ring offered on eBay, the hallmarks aren’t the same.
The ”Tiffany and Co” logo isn’t stamped straight and doesn’t use the normal Tiffany font and it also has the additional “T & Co” stamp.
Does it have a serial number?
The ring might be Tiffany but it might not.
If the price is fair for a Platinum ring set with a .23 diamond then why not.
But if the ring is priced higher because it’s supposedly a Tiffany ring, in the absence of appropriate paperwork and the questionable hallmarks, I wouldn’t buy it.

M

MillieLou

My 5 cents.
If you look at the other examples of the ring offered on eBay, the hallmarks aren’t the same.
The ”Tiffany and Co” logo isn’t stamped straight and doesn’t use the normal Tiffany font and it also has the additional “T & Co” stamp.
Does it have a serial number?
The ring might be Tiffany but it might not.
If the price is fair for a Platinum ring set with a .23 diamond then why not.
But if the ring is priced higher because it’s supposedly a Tiffany ring, in the absence of appropriate paperwork and the questionable hallmarks, I wouldn’t buy it.

Thank you so much - that's extremely helpful. Yes, the fact of the Tiffany logo not being stamped straight raised alarm bells for me.

DAF

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
iI am concerned that the font for the logo is not the normal T&Co. font as well.

M

MillieLou

Thanks all. Much appreciated. I'll give it a miss!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would probably pay a bit more for one of the other options on ebay that look more legit.

M

MillieLou

This is an alternative that I could get from £1100 GBP. Not sure how much Tiffany charge to resize, and whether they can size a 6 to a 3.5... I can call and ask. It comes with all paperwork and original receipt.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think that's a pretty big size jump. I'd probably try to stay within 1.5 or max 2 sizes

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results