shape
carat
color
clarity

Does this look good to you?! Antique diamond platinum ring

Electricityme

Rough_Rock
What do you think of this c1900 platinum ring? Price: $900. Let me know if I am getting ripped off, as I have never bought an expensive piece of jewelry before! (Thank you so much in advance for your advice!! I love this forum, and lurk often hehe).

Description:
"Featured here is an extraordinarily rare and beautiful original vintage ring. This early 1900's ring is made from solid platinum and has extraordinary details! This hand made piece is an amazing one of a kind ring. Each etching and engraving was painstakingly applied with workmanship that is a lost art in today's world. We are certain that you will fall in love with this ring when you see it!

The center diamond is also very high quality. This vintage european cut is original to the piece and has beautiful sparkle. This brilliant diamond is white (F-G) and has no visible imperfections (Si1).

The ring is made from solid platinum but it is possible the leaf accents are made from gold, which would mean its an even more labor intensive job to make this ring (since the leaves would have to be made seperately for better details). The ring is 11.7mm across (north-south), has a height of 5.4mm, and weighs a hefty 4.2 grams. The finger size is a 4.0 and we can resize this ring without affecting the structural integirty of the piece.

This is a very rare ring that is guaranteed not to be found anywhere else. It looks much better in person and is guaranteed to impress. All of our pieces come with a 100% satisfaction guarantee and 14 day return policy. An appraisal is available upon request."

Details:
Center Stone: Diamond
-- Color: F-G
-- Clarity: Si1
-- Shape: Vintage European Cut
-- Carat Weight: 0.42
Total Carat Weight: 0.42
Metal: Platinum
Size: 4.0 (resizable)
Total Gram Weight: 4.2 grams

Appraisal Available
• Guarantees Authenticity of type & quality
• Provides Insurance Replacement Value

Questions:
I know that when an antique diamond is set, they cannot truly grade the diamond, so how trustworthy are these grades that the seller is giving..? I'm also wondering about the appraisal situation--who did the appraisal, you know? (They have a 14 day return policy).

Thanks again for your help! Let me know if you cannot see the photos!

ring_1.png

ring_10.jpg

ring_11.jpg

Electricityme

Rough_Rock
Re: Does this look good to you?! Antique diamond platinum r

Could one of the mods maybe move this to RockyTalky? Maybe someone there might have something for me:)
Any feedback is much appreciated!!

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock

DiamondZone is considered a reputable seller: some PSers bought nice jewelry from them.
Electricityme said:
Questions:
I know that when an antique diamond is set, they cannot truly grade the diamond, so how trustworthy are these grades that the seller is giving..? I'm also wondering about the appraisal situation--who did the appraisal, you know? (They have a 14 day return policy).

You should ask to DiamondZone.
:wavey:

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

That seems to be a reasonable price. I'd pay that if I liked the piece.

Anne

altadea

Rough_Rock

I love the filigree work! I have ordered a number of pieces from mydiamondzone and have always been satisfied. Sometimes if you dig around on ebay you can find better prices, but I have not seen a lot of rings in my searches with that great dome look....plus to get a really good deal sometimes you have to buy from a less reputable seller that may workout or may be a giant waste of time. Hope this helps :)

altadea

Rough_Rock

On the appraisal questions I will say that appraisals can be a bit subjective and depending on who does the appraising you can always get slight variations on clarity and such. In my opinion the appraisal is mostly important if you are going to insure the ring. The truth is that whenever your average individual tries to resell a ring on their own you would be unlikely to recoup the original value, though an appraisal could get you a little more than without one because it lends to the authenticity and has some value of its own. Other than that, the most important thing is that you appreciate the look and feel of the ring and diamond. They do have a return policy which is great. But if you want to get an idea of how it will look on you you can draw/cut out a mockup based off the dimensions and see how the size will fit your finger. There are also true to size charts you can print out from the internet to see up close what the size of the diamond will look like. I know sometimes the macro shots can be deceiving.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results