shape
carat
color
clarity

Does this exist?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

UpgradeMe

Rough_Rock
I posted the other day about wanting to reset or upgrade. I have a .50 solitare er currently. I originally had my heart set on a halo with maybe some stacking rings. I like wide, but wide with skin showing actually. Not wide and chunky. Make sense?

Anywho...NeverEndingUpgrade (I think it was her) suggested a 3 stone ring which I normally don''t care for. But since then I''ve been looking at them and I may have changed my mind.

So after looking at a bunch I''m wondering if this ring exists...

A 3 stone ring with round side stones and an oval center stone with a halo. I thought of this because I like for the center stone to hang over the band. If I did one like this I think I''d accomplish that look plus be able to incorporate the 2 .50 rounds that I have AND get my halo. Is that gonna be too much though? And does it even exist?

Also, another question. I love bezel settings but I also love millgrain. Can the two be combined in the same ring or no? I can''t decide if the bezel is too modern and the millgrain is too classic to put the two together. Thoughts?

saltymuffin

Shiny_Rock
Well there are definitely millgrain bezels out there, millgrain is used quite a bit on bezel eternity bands.

And, witht the right help, you can design whatever you like. It is nice to see pics for inspiration though, which I am sure some Psers will be able to help you with!

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Here is my oval halo and round side stones (also haloed). And I think bezel and milgrain works very well together...
3.gif

bezeled.0001.JPG

bezeled.0004.JPG

UpgradeMe

Rough_Rock
Thanks guys!

Posh....LOVE your ring! Can you give me the stats? LOVE the bezel and millgrain. Gonna have to save your pic to my faves! :) Any chance you could share some hand shots? I''d love to see how much of your finger it covers. I''d kind of like to still be able to see some of the band but I don''t know if that''s possible.

I just had a somewhat depressing trip to a local jeweler. I''ll share more about my trip later, gotta get 2 of my kiddos to the dentist!

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock

Thanks UpgradeMe!

4.gif

Stats are:
about 2ct sapphire center
about 2ctw diamond sidestones (largest are .15 each)
My finger size is 6.5 (and the ring covers the whole "face" of my finger)

Here are some hand shots, one with the wedding band:

bezeled.0003.JPG

wband.handshot.04.JPG

HTH, and good luck at the dentist!

1.gif

CalBearsFan

Rough_Rock
Posh: The moment I finished reading the original post, your ring was the very first one that popped in my head. It''s def one of my faves.

RxTechRN2b

Brilliant_Rock
I REALLY like that oval 3-stone halo for its antique appeal. I don''t much care for a 3-stone ring UNLESS it combines color with white and similar shapes, with proportions of the sides being around half the size of the center. That one is gorgeous! Even with all the halo''s (which so often overpowers the whole look when done around all three stones) the ring doesn''t look over-the-top. And the milgraine gives it a lovely old-fashioned affect. Very nicely done!

thumbelina

Shiny_Rock
mini-threadjack...

Posh... where did you get your curved band? I''m looking for something similar (I need move than a slight curve, though).

Thanks!

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
---Threadjack---
CalBearsFan -- Thank you!!
RxTechRN2b -- I know that is a big compliment from you because I know your sweet spot is 3/4 ct, so thank you!
thumbelina -- The band is from a B&M chain (gasp! LOL!), I think they have stores across the US... where are you located? I can give you the name of the store if you would like.

---end Threadjack---

js_diamond

Shiny_Rock
I know you want a three stone halo, but I think a pave halo would look great with your .50 set inside it w/o the sidestones.

thumbelina

Shiny_Rock
threadjack ---

yes, Posh... would love the name of the store. I''m in San Jose, CA.

Thanks!

---end

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/30/2008 6:35:47 PM
Author: thumbelina
threadjack ---

yes, Posh... would love the name of the store. I''m in San Jose, CA.

Thanks!

---end
The ring is from Ben Bridge. It is from the Jessica Fong collection, and was a wedding band in a set. The first time I went in there a saleswoman told me that they could not separate the set and that they could not order it. The second time I went back I spoke with a different salesman and he took wonderful care of us. Ordered it for us in 18k (original set is platinum) and was great to work with.
Just be prepared to ask them to call the vendor to get an official answer -- many salespeople just give a knee jerk reaction of "no".
HTH!

thumbelina

Shiny_Rock
Posh... thanks so much for the info!!!

UpgradeMe

Rough_Rock
Ok posh, now I''m thinking maybe I want a colored center stone! Seriously, I may have a heart attack from the stress of deciding on the perfect ring.

I went by a local jeweler here yesterday just to see what they had in the way of 3 stones to try on and see what I liked. They only had ones with the stones all the same size and like RxTechRN2b, I only like the 3 stones if the center stone is considerably larger than the sides. They didn''t have much but I have been wearing this big gaudy fake one and they loved it and said they could do one like that for me. Trouble is, I love the profile but don''t love how it looks straight down. I''d like the center to be oval with a halo and the sides with no halo and they said that wasn''t possible. They also said the center stone is gonna run about $15,000-$20,000 which is a good 4x over my measly budget.
7.gif
Of course, I''m sure if I buy online that won''t be QUITE the case. Right?

I just can''t decide! I wear a size 4.75 or 5 but my fingers are long so I think the oval would be good. I just worry with too much of a 3 stone look cause I would like to see part of the shank on either side when I wear it.

Oh, and the other half carat I have access to is actually more like a .60 so I don''t think I''d be able to use it in the ring because then my side stones wouldn''t be the same size. I thought they were more like just .01 difference in size.
7.gif

I posted on the colored stones board here... https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/cognac-diamonds.91549/ in hopes that they may be able to help me in finding a good center stone if I go the colored route. I love the look of yellow/champagne/cognac but I guess maybe the next step would be trying on some rings in those colors to make sure they look good on my skin.

js_diamond...I thought about doing that and still go back to that idea. I just worry that in the end I''ll regret not going "bigger" when I had the chance.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results