shape
carat
color
clarity

Does this exist?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Silvana

Rough_Rock
I am lucky enough to be designing not only my engagement ring, but also my soon to be husbands and my wedding bands.
He knows how particular I am, and that I loooove designing my own things so he proposed with a place saver so I could have this fun.

So this is my question.
I want a ring with an oval stone and six clustered side stones. I recently tried on a ring with tiny prong [or maybe pave?] stones set along the band sides and loved that as well.
If I could avoid having it custom made I would like to, but I have found nearly nothing that meets my specifications.

The biggest issue I am having is finding an oval setting where the stone is set parallel to the band.

This is an image with what I believe I want [although it might not work], has anyone seen something like this anywhere?

PS the photo on the left is from a cheap overstock.com ring. The only thing only vaguely resembling my idea and with a tiny diamonds and a colored stone.

ring5x7oval1.jpg

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s called setting the stone "east/west" but unfortunately there aren''t a ton of ready made settings out there like that...but I''ll keep my eyes out for you.

Silvana

Rough_Rock
Thanks!
well at least now I know what to call it when I ask jewelers about it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results