shape
carat
color
clarity

Does this ering and band go together?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

~*ice is nice*~

Rough_Rock
I am going to purchase the following titanium tension ring, and I found this titanium band with a 9kt WG inlay with engraving and hammer set diamonds...do you think the styles compliment each other? It''s a mix between modern and traditional...

a11504_1b.jpg

~*ice is nice*~

Rough_Rock
Here''s the ering...

boonerings_fusion_450USD.jpg

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
I would think as long as the colors of the metals are the same and are a similar finish than there should be no reason for them not to look good together

~*ice is nice*~

Rough_Rock
that''s what I think too, I just wonder what everyone else thinks because it''s a very non-traditional ring set...Here''s a better pic:

mix_and_match.jpg

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
I like it and I think that if you like it than thats all that matters. There is an entire thread dedicated to non matchy wedding sets. you can just join that club! :)

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
LokeU, i think they are beautiful together, the only thing one can wish that widths of both are the same, well at least from my perspective.
So if the metal is the same as Alexis suggested and the width too, the whole "design statement" would be as you wanted - modern and antique in harmony.

~*ice is nice*~

Rough_Rock

I found out that the ring was only commercial grade titanium so it wouldn''t match my aircraft grade ering.

7.gif
At least I found out NOW! ...BUT I DID find an excellent site that will make a 4mm titanium band with a 2mm inlay and whatever diamonds I want (voyager jewelry design) for almost 200 dollars cheaper than the closest thing I could find on the web. No one else would make a ring smaller than 5-6mm. I am getting their brochure sent out to me via snail mail.

Since I am getting the rings from seperate vendors I think I would like to get them in a satin finish done locally so they match. Does anyone know if ordinary jewelrs can finish titanium? I think I will also get the engraving on the WG inlay done locally. Here is my last posting of my rings until I get them done! I feel like I am bombarding you guys with pics! :)

Thanks for all the input!

~*ice is nice*~

Rough_Rock
Here''s the pic:

LokeU_Rings.jpg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it looks unique and beautiful! Good luck!

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
I think they look great together.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous, and I agree with admin about the width of the rings!!

~*ice is nice*~

Rough_Rock
Thank you, you guys! I appreciate the feedback because it is quite a different setting and I want to make sure it''s something I will like for a long time (I''m hoping for at least the same amount of time that I will like my husband to be!)!

I will be getting the ering in 5mm so it most protects a 1ct stone (I was hoping for a 4mm), but I was still thinking of getting the band in 4mm. Do you think this will be really noticable? I''m just scared that 2x 5mm rings (10mm) will be too much on my finger. I tried on a 5mm ering and it was fine, but I only tried on a 3mm band with it...But then again, will a total of 9mm really make a difference as opposed to 10mm which will look better for the setting? Just curious, especially Admin and Firegoddess, for your opinions on this (ie why do you think it looks bad when they aren''t the same width?).

Sincerely,
LokeU

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
I don''t think that it will look "bad" especially this second band you choose (not the one from your topic) being just 1 mm thinner. It curves down on the edges which visually adds to the overall thickness.

On another hand if you worry about e-ring width being too much for your finger why don''t you ask to gradually reduce shank from top down? Is it possible or there is no customizing at all?

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
The second ring is dramatically reduced just to show where, 1 mm would not make such a difference.

Redu_Shank.jpg

IceQueenEB

Rough_Rock
I love the non-matchy set. I too have had my eye on the Fusion titanium ring for my diamond. Have you ordered it yet? I''d love to see a photo of it on your hand.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results