shape
carat
color
clarity

Does this emerald have too much inclusion?

zedflying

Rough_Rock
Found this ring on a preloved site. The stone is 3 carat from Columbia and the ring is platinum. I love the color and saturation. But not sure about the inclusion. It's F1 (minor treatment) per GIA cert. Should I be concerned about the inclusion? It seems to be moderately included if not heavily. Definitely it has surface reaching inclusions and fractures. (Possibility of crack or break later?) How much would you like to pay for a ring like this? $2000, $3000 or more?

IMG_9351.jpg IMG_9352.jpg

Found this ring on a preloved site. The stone is 3 carat from Columbia and the ring is platinum. I love the color and saturation. But not sure about the inclusion. It's F1 (minor treatment) per GIA cert. Should I be concerned about the inclusion? It seems to be moderately included if not heavily. Definitely it has surface reaching inclusions and fractures. (Possibility of crack or break later?) How much would you like to pay for a ring like this? $2000, $3000 or more?

Any emerald that is oiled is going to have surface-reaching inclusions. What you want to look for is one that doesn't have any on the crown, if possible. Since this stone was graded as F1, I wouldn't worry too much about it. I would say, for an emerald, this stone is moderately included. IMO, it's really not significant. At eye level, I think this stone is going to be pretty clean. I'm not seeing any major red flags in these pics. The color looks lovely. My only concern would be with the cut (a little windowing is present), but I'm a bit fussy in that regard.

JSG2185

Shiny_Rock
I don’t know a ton about emeralds but the bit that I know is that most emerald’s have inclusions and a rating of minor treatment means the stone isn’t so included where you‘d automatically turn it down. The picture of the stone seems okay. The emerald’s color looks quite pretty.

Cost wise I wouldn’t know - sorry!

Last edited:

zedflying

Rough_Rock
Any emerald that is oiled is going to have surface-reaching inclusions. What you want to look for is one that doesn't have any on the crown, if possible. Since this stone was graded as F1, I wouldn't worry too much about it. I would say, for an emerald, this stone is moderately included. IMO, it's really not significant. At eye level, I think this stone is going to be pretty clean. I'm not seeing any major red flags in these pics. The color looks lovely. My only concern would be with the cut (a little windowing is present), but I'm a bit fussy in that regard.

I did get the ring eventually. The color is pretty though the clarity is not that great (but i would have to pay $$$$$ for both color and clarity). It's through auction, and I am happy with the price. My hunt for an emerald ring is finally over! Thank you for sharing so much advice and tips with me. Attaching a video and a couple of pics here. I have to admit that emerald's color is so difficult to capture. I think the color in the pic is slightly darker than what I see with naked eyes.

a video i just shot in our backyard (cloudy day) IMG_9498.jpg IMG_9513.jpg

zedflying

Rough_Rock
It's lovely... and huge!! I think the clarity looks really great for the size. Big congrats... enjoy it!!

Thank you! There are some scratches at the surface — not sure if it’s natural or because it’s used. I probably will get an insurance for it to keep peace at mind.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful stone.
That green makes me envious.

Mrsz1ppy

Brilliant_Rock
I love the glowy color. I think you did well! Impressive finger coverage, too.

RRfromR

Brilliant_Rock

It's gorgeous! What's the auction site?

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
To me, an emerald is an absolute nightmare to photograph.

I love the ring. It’s striking.

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results