shape
carat
color
clarity

Does this diamond look ok to you

Shelley9

Rough_Rock
Hi again I have a chance to buy this diamond privately for around $9000AUD . Do you guys think that its worth that ? I have the GIA number for you it's 5176769676. Do the parameters look ok? Thankyou in advance for your expertise ☺

gr8leo87

Shiny_Rock
Can't comment on specific stone as being from the trade - but generally if a stone is within the parameters that are often recommended on this board that's a good starting point. Next step would be to obtain diamond images along with light performance images.

Shelley9

Rough_Rock
All parameters are within except for crown angle which is 35.5. Does being .5 over make a huge difference?

ADN

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Shelley9|1459600119|4014522 said:
All parameters are within except for crown angle which is 35.5. Does being .5 over make a huge difference?

I'm a BIG fan of 35.5...but that is my personal aesthetic sweet spot (which I know wouldn't go down so well here on PS...sorry everyone :D ) - - but you should have a look for yourself and decide. If you can't see this stone in particular, do a search with the same parameters (might have to look at different ct sizes), and decide for yourself. At the end of the day, it's about what you find visually appealing...and if it falls slightly outside of what others find appealing...so be it. ;-)
Good luck

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Many stones with 35.5 are just fine. We just usually reserve the more strict parameters when light return images cannot be obtained. If you can get an idealscope or ASET image, that would be great. I do think it is worth considering.

Shelley9

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much for your input, makes me feel better about viewing it tomorrow. Cheers

gr8leo87

Shiny_Rock
Shelley9 said:
I have seen diamonds with 35.5 degrees paired with shallower pavillion - 40.6 on a GIA report tend have better light performance images.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results